Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let all guns equip Projectile Speed mods

Redpaws

When I saw the weapon Exilus mod slot, I was really excited to slap on some added projectile speed to my Baza (love that little gun), which has a rather limited range for such an accurate weapon. But for some reason, I'm not able to put it on, even though Kohm can, despite that both are hitscan, and both have damage falloff. It's just an odd inconsistency. I'm sure there's plenty of other guns that could have some benefit from projectile speed but can't equip the projectile speed increasing mods, so maybe just let us put it on any gun we choose, even the ones that has no benefit?

Having it for every single gun really isn't strictly -needed-, but I'd rather have that than have some weapons that could greatly benefit from increased projectile speed "fall through the cracks", so to speak. Again, I'd much rather be able to put Projectile Speed on any gun that -can- benefit from it, even if it means being able to put it on weapons that gain zero benefit. Like putting +Slash on a purely elemental weapon.

Edit: With Baza Prime on the horizon, this only further highlights the benefit of fixing this inconsistency. We shouldn't have to rely purely on rivens to gain extra range on certain guns.

Edited by Redpaws
  • Like 4

Yeah, actually while we're at it, projectile speed (hitscan can be 'hitscan', 'instant', an infinity symbol, a happy little tree or anything) should be marked in the weapon stat window.

Not only is this long overdue but it would protect newbies from wasting capacity on something without realizing it ain't the mod that's doing it. Plus I bet putting it out in the open would bring about a few changes to really slow moving projectile tossers like Battacor.

• 2 weeks later...

With the announcement of Baza Prime, I'm gonna bump this topic up, as it feels rather relevant still.

Please enable any weapon with falloff to use +Projectile Speed mods. I assume Baza Prime will have damage falloff like the regular version, and not being able to put on Projectile Speed in the Exilus to increase that range (when hitscan shotguns can) would suck. :'3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Baza Prime is now out!.. And it still can't equip Terminal Velocity. There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be able to put that mod on. Hopefully it'll get enough attention that it will be fixed. Just... Weird to have a mod that could benefit a gun, but can't be used for no real reason.

Anyone know if Fulmin can equip Terminal Velocity? I don't have a Fulmin currently, so can't check. But really, any weapon that has any mode that either fires a projectile, or has damage falloff, should be able to equip Projectile Speed mods.

3 minutes ago, Redpaws said:

Baza Prime is now out!.. And it still can't equip Terminal Velocity. There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be able to put that mod on. Hopefully it'll get enough attention that it will be fixed. Just... Weird to have a mod that could benefit a gun, but can't be used for no real reason.

Anyone know if Fulmin can equip Terminal Velocity? I don't have a Fulmin currently, so can't check. But really, any weapon that has any mode that either fires a projectile, or has damage falloff, should be able to equip Projectile Speed mods.

IIRC, the Fulmin can indeed equip projectile speed.