Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I Wish Warframe Would Become

Tetraneon

As everyone knows, the biggest complaint about Warframe is high level content.
and Warframe is trying to combat that, by applying nerfs to weapons/ frames
in order to make missions more difficult, however I feel as these types of changes
are leading to a more negative community, everyone just seems to be complaining these days.

In my honest opinion, Warframe is lacking in the need for teamwork...
We have all these different frames, but you see frames like saryn doing all the work all the time...
Infact there is no need for half the frames, because if it doesnt do AOE its not worth it...

The same for weapons, there is no question as to why guns like arca plasmor, catchmoon, ignis wraith 
are constantly being used, we all know its for AOE, there are plenty "harder hitting" weapons,
but enemies are not getting smarter, all that happens is they get a bit of increased armor
and more spawns.... Which means that AOE is the way of the game...

Sure there are some places where a hard hitting accurate weapon are great, (Eidelon's)
but its hidden behind using an amp to deplete its shields first. Which is kind of useless,
because by the time you have a decent amp, you no longer need to kill Eidelons...

Frames like Trinity providing health and shield support are useless, since everyone leaves missions
before enemies even come close to level 100... And I do not blame them.
There is no point in me doing level 15 ESO, because the rewards do not scale but the enemies do, so 
its just smarter for me to go in for 4 waves and leave...

We are all striving to find the best gun, melee that can kill level 160's in 3 shots,
but land up playing against level 50 enemies or lower 99.99% of the time.. If even...
The game is currently build around the idea of grind... With no worry about skill,
modding, or need for understanding about any of the games mechanics...

We all discuss how some status types are better against some enemies, and so on,
but the last time I changed my loadout was months ago, because I am just not finding content,
that requires me to go through that effort...

My ignis wraith with a very plain Radiation/Crit build,
Can take me though to level 5 ESO before it even begins to start struggling,
I then switch over to a secondry and I am good for the next 3
(If there is a decent saryn/volt, I dont even need to shoot, half the time I cant even shoot before the enemies are destroyed)
(Also, why are secondaries more OP than primaries -  Those primed Crit mods on Secondries are to blame)

Now sure, you can tell me that if I find the content so easy, why don't I just stay in the level for longer and let the scaling difficulty
give me what I am looking for, and all I can say is, it is not worth it... Warframe has given nobody any reason to stay in a mission
for longer than 15 minutes, and even if I decide to do so, most people will leave, because its not worth their time...

The amount of examples I can give for this is uncanny,
Look at cryoptic runs... Might as well start the mission over and over again as I will never get more cryoptic for staying in longer,
infact, the longer I play, the less the cannisters srop which means I am actually punished for playing longer.
ESO Runs... (we only go there for focus or weapon ranking, and with the right build you have maxed out your focus for the day in 8 waves,
or ranked up your weapon in 4 waves)
Index Runs (we run for money, but because the mission is point based and not time, we land up getting punished for staying in longer, since enemies become harder to kill)...
Any other resource Run...
Arbitration, (okay maybe their once per hour rule entices people to stay in longer, I'll give it that, but we are still not earning
considerably more)...

Sure Warframe is a grind game, but the grind should be rewarding,
the grind should be fun, and the grind should bring me closer together with people,
not push us apart... Right now it feels as if we are being punished...

Until the day that warframe actually makes it worth it to use different weapons,
use different mods, use different gameplay styles (Melee,Gun,Ability),
All I see is all of us moving over to the next best weapon, until they nerf that,
getting more and more agitated with how everything that we work so hard for gets taken away.
Instead of just giving us something to actually challenge us and keep us focused on
becoming the best... 

If Warframe can bring us content that rewards us for going that extra mile,
for going that extra level, for getting into teams before a mission, and 
for modding correctly, then i might start considering paying for things in warframe again,
but until then I wont spend a cent, because its just not worth it...

• Like 3

Youre right about rewarding system but its too hard to make all weapons and all frames in this game very usefull (as ignis wraith for example). Theres a little lack of community being social and help each other but we want to see game improved about varieties of gameplay. Its not easy to doing those improvements for developers because warframe is a game that has so so so much thing to grind and craft or materials. This games fandom wiki has thousands of pages for instance. We're playing this game for those limitless things we can craft, use and farm. We must just keep talking about those issues and make developers fix those things. Hope they read youre message.

I agree with the rewarding system as well. Regarding the weapons, in almost every game there will be meta(s). Weapons or just things to use that a lot of people use, simply because it is better than most other things and therefore have better result. It is very hard for a game to make ALL or a lot of weapons ''good'', so that people will start using them more often, rather than just using the ignis wraith for example. This being said, I completely understand your point of view. I also think staying in a mission for a longer period of time should reward players more rather than ''punish'' them.

Just now, Gasau said:

This Power creep DE made is impossible to controll without massive nerfs. There will never be a balance. Most players want to press one button and kill everything with one hit.

Power creep issue is easy to deal with without nerfing...

Just give us reason to play against higher level enemies...

I want to see those level 200 grineer...

I want to need a trinity to keep my alive while i take them out,
I want to need saryn for armor reduction,
I want to need to still use my gun,
I want to need to slice and dice them,

Example

Keep rotations AABC for example,

But after the rotation ends,
make the drop double, then tripple,
then quadripple...

Sure it means I get the stuff faster,
but it also means I actually have to try my best
to get more stuff, instead of just clicking replay mission 10000 times,
then stand there with a saryn in the middle of the map and do almost nothing...

If I do an arbitration for 3 hours straight (this might not be realistic but still, better than the 15 minutes i see now), come on I deserve to get more than 
1500 end in a drop, I am facing content that is much higher level, 
I am showing warframe that I can play the game,
That I understand how it works, and that I accept the challenge....

I want to be able to go into a level 50 excavation and get more cryoptic than what i would do on Earth with a lame level 5...

I want there to be a reason for me to go and buy a riven, because right now,
I can kill everything with relative ease without it,
I want to have a reason for ranking up in MR...
Because there honestly is very little reason , other than to go through other content faster...

I want to communicate with my clan mates,
I want to put together OP teams, 
not just have 1 OP player whilst the rest of us just twiddle our thumbs

I want a reason to need to go and buy that forma bundle, so that I can rank up multiple weapons,
for different types of content... Because honestly most people play with the same 3 weapons for months on end,
and might use another weapon just to rank it up)

I want to stress while I am playing the game because it has become so difficult....

I want to have a reason to play a mission for longer than 20 minutes

I want to have a reason to play with a warframe I dont usually use, because it is better for the team

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tanayy said:

I agree with the rewarding system as well. Regarding the weapons, in almost every game there will be meta(s). Weapons or just things to use that a lot of people use, simply because it is better than most other things and therefore have better result. It is very hard for a game to make ALL or a lot of weapons ''good'', so that people will start using them more often, rather than just using the ignis wraith for example. This being said, I completely understand your point of view. I also think staying in a mission for a longer period of time should reward players more rather than ''punish'' them.

I accept that there will always be meta's and I know they can do very little to fight that..

But what I am looking for is a certain type of mission where an assult is better,
another where a hard hitting slow loading shot gun is better,
another where a sniper is better,
another where an AOE is better...

Right now, I have no reason to use a sniper,
(I used to take out eidelons with Opticor vandal, then tombfinger, then catchmoon, I have a rubico  prime but have rarely used it)
I have a tigris prime which honestly does a ton of damage, but its reload time is bad so for 100s of enemies it is useless,
and if I mod to reduce that reload time, i might as well use another weapon...

Honesty,
I have almost never used any of the machine guns other than for ranking.

They now nerfed the catchmoon, and sure it deserved it,
but the very next secondry I am looking for is a AOE secondy...

BTW I have a kuva lich shotgun secondry, cant remember its name but its actually decent...
I have no use for the harder hitting tombfinger, becasue its AOE is terrible...

There is so much weapons and stuff I have not ranked up,
because I am not luss to do cryoptic farms over and over again...

There are so many mods I have never used because they seem like a waste of time,
its easy, DMG/MultiS#&$/Crit/Status type and youre good to go...
No riven needed, no status chance or duration needed, no hunter mutations needed,
no combusion beam needed, because the content I am versing is too easy

• Like 1

Yes, 

One of the issues is the good things (frames, weapons) are significantly stronger than their relatively worse things. 

If I can kill something using my best gear with just 2 shots or 2 seconds, 

The other things that are not the best should be able to do it in 3 shots or 3 seconds, 

While in reality, it will usually take me 6 to 60 shots at times for all the "mastery fodder" grade items to achieve similar results. 

I have a simple concept of my own (and it's only my own, as an opinion, you can have yours as well) 

If it takes me more than double the time and effort to achieve the same results, I will avoid that method.

With the recent melee changes though, that gap has changed significantly, almost all the melee weapons have become a lot more viable, the time to kill between once top tier weapons and acceptably good weapons is minor. 

I would like more changes like this. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 2

I can definitely see myself in what you are saying. Using a few weapons simply because there is no need to use any other ones. I have hundreds of weapons that I only used to level them up and never touched again..

I like the idea of different mission types where different type of weapons excel at.

I hope DE keeps improving the game and implements things like missions where we won't use the standard ''meta'' weapons and warframes. Also just diversify things in the game. This way, playing Warframe will be refreshing and a lot more fun.

11 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Yes, 

One of the issues is the good things (frames, weapons) are significantly stronger than their relatively worse things. 

If I can kill something using my best gear with just 2 shots or 2 seconds, 

The other things that are not the best should be able to do it in 3 shots or 3 seconds, 

While in reality, it will usually take me 6 to 60 shots at times for all the "mastery fodder" grade items to achieve similar results. 

I have a simple concept of my own (and it's only my own, as an opinion, you can have yours as well) 

If it takes me more than double the time and effort to achieve the same results, I will avoid that method.

With the recent melee changes though, that gap has changed significantly, almost all the melee weapons have become a lot more viable, the time to kill between once top tier weapons and acceptably good weapons is minor. 

I would like more changes like this. 

There is a difference, 

A MR5 weapon shouldnt be even close to a MR15 Weapon (do they even make those or is it only rivens)
Honestly, a MR5 Shouldnt even be allowed in the same mission as a MR28,
becuase that is where the power struggle comes, and that is exaclty why people are not sitting in some missions longer...

also

Some guns (ignis) should be good at taking out weaker crowds,
Other guns (opticor) should still have a place to take out higher level content, but less enemies..
(Which is what is happening)

But we are never, or atleast almost never getting to content that requires an opticor,
because even now the higher level we get the more AOE we need, 
so even for higher level missions, the opticor is still pretty useless (other than the index)

It does not work so well in Arbitration,
It does not work so well in ESO,
It does not work so well in Relic Missions

Start with 2000 level 5 enemies,
as I go further, take me to 500 level 50 enemies
and further to 250 level 100 enemies
and further to 100 level 150 enemies
and further to 25 level 200 enemies

These are just made up numbers,
but shows that as the level gets higher,
the enemies get less, which means AOE 
is less effective that having a decent hard hitting weapon...

That way you can use your ignis wraith for the begining,
Then use your Catchmoon or relative for the middle
and FInally land on the Melee for the hardest levels...

All while relying on teamwork to keep everyone alive
To handle the masses
To Handle the support
To handle the team buffs....

Meta thing about games is Community itself. People tend to build their gear like streamers, youtubers and other players. Its much more fun when you mod your gear how you want to, craft warframe that goes well with your playstyle. Players should learn that this kinda games are letting you to do what you want to do, not like pros do. Everyone has different charecteristics but has same gear. Why would i craft Kohm for arena just for the people doing this way ? Why would i mod Saryn like a youtuber do? I love more Ability Strength rather than Ability Range on my Saryn for more Miasma damage.

1 minute ago, Tetraneon said:

Wasn't planning on entering this thread until i saw this.......

I spend most of my cooperative time helping and teaching new players MR 5 and below. You think that's bad? You should just play solo if that's what you think. My endgame is teaching my clan mates. I out rank them all. Your logic is flawed. 

2 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

There is a difference, 

A MR5 weapon shouldnt be even close to a MR15 Weapon (do they even make those or is it only rivens)
becuase that is where the power struggle comes, and that is exaclty why people are not sitting in some missions longer...

Never said there shouldn't be a difference, also, 

MR is not a good indicator of power (poor aklex prime), I have clan mates that are perfectly happy at MR 16 (all weapons and rivens unlocked) and just as skilled as anyone with MR 28 (myself included) 

And as I said, there will be a difference but it cannot be so large that it makes the lesser weapons completely useless by comparison. 

7 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

also

Some guns (ignis) should be good at taking out weaker crowds,
Other guns (opticor) should still have a place to take out higher level content, but less enemies..
(Which is what is happening)

But we are never, or atleast almost never getting to content that requires an opticor,
because even now the higher level we get the more AOE we need, 
so even for higher level missions, the opticor is still pretty useless (other than the index)

Which is where the unfortunate instance of poorly applied mechanics comes in the play. 

Aoe weapons like the Ignis are just much easier to cheese, snipers are just inconvenient for the horde shooter that warframe is. 

9 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

It does not work so well in Arbitration,
It does not work so well in ESO,
It does not work so well in Relic Missions

Start with 2000 level 5 enemies,
as I go further, take me to 500 level 50 enemies
and further to 250 level 100 enemies
and further to 100 level 150 enemies
and further to 25 level 200 enemies

These are just made up numbers,
but shows that as the level gets higher,
the enemies get less, which means AOE 
is less effective that having a decent hard hitting weapon...

Not really, the higher level enemies sprayed with armor stripping Ignis against grineer or a gas one against corpus still performs better than the competition. 

13 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

That way you can use your ignis wraith for the begining,
Then use your Catchmoon or relative for the middle
and FInally land on the Melee for the hardest levels...

All while relying on teamwork to keep everyone alive
To handle the masses
To Handle the support
To handle the team buffs....

Melee isn't what it used to be, 

But I am OK with needing some co operation than simply Aoe death dealing. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Wasn't planning on entering this thread until i saw this.......

I spend most of my cooperative time helping and teaching new players MR 5 and below. You think that's bad? You should just play solo if that's what you think. My endgame is teaching my clan mates. I out rank them all. Your logic is flawed. 

Yes but that should be your choice...

But at the end of the day that MR5 is not going to make it in a 2 Hour long arbitration.
You are playing the game as if youre a "god" and in my opinion ruin the game for such players,
unless if they have asked for the help.

I have been MR5 earlier this year where MR25s were running around with saryn, leaving nothing for me to do...
Had it been a freind/ direct invite sure that wouldve been fine...

But I have never seen the fun in letting everyone do the mission for me
and I have never seen the fun in doing the mission for everyone...

The best missions I have ever been in, and the most fun I ever had,
was when each of us were  doing our part to achieve awesomeness...

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Never said there shouldn't be a difference, also, 

MR is not a good indicator of power (poor aklex prime), I have clan mates that are perfectly happy at MR 16 (all weapons and rivens unlocked) and just as skilled as anyone with MR 28 (myself included) 

And as I said, there will be a difference but it cannot be so large that it makes the lesser weapons completely useless by comparison. 

Which is where the unfortunate instance of poorly applied mechanics comes in the play. 

Aoe weapons like the Ignis are just much easier to cheese, snipers are just inconvenient for the horde shooter that warframe is. 

Not really, the higher level enemies sprayed with armor stripping Ignis against grineer or a gas one against corpus still performs better than the competition. 

Melee isn't what it used to be, 

But I am OK with needing some co operation than simply Aoe death dealing. 

We are agreeing on this,
there is no reason for us to use anything other than an ignis...
That's the problem 🤣

But if there was a level 150 enemy,
I promise you a decent opticor build woukd take it out faster than a decent ignis build...

but the problem is, there is not only one enemy,
and therefor not having AOE becomes a problem.

Warframe is one of the only games I have ever played,
where the further you get in the game the easier it gets..

I've made suggestions on the forums aimed at improving both of these things myself.

36 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

I want to need a trinity to keep my alive while i take them out,
I want to need saryn for armor reduction,
I want to need to still use my gun,
I want to need to slice and dice them,

+1

Having a single (frame/weapon/archwing, etc) that can excel at almost any content is flawed. And I don't just mean that they are self sufficient. All gear should be somewhat effective for all content in general, but when something like AoE is the clear superior option for 98% of the game there is something wrong. 

I have suggested that various enemy types have different weaknesses to encourage more diverse loadouts and more diverse teams. 

• Common, abundant enemies should be susceptible to AoE damage (from either frames and weapons) since that is the purpose of AoE in a hoard killing game. But other enemies should resist AoE damage.
  • There can be enemy types that put debuffs on players that have a long duration but can be removed by Warframe heals (and health orbs created from Warframe abilities).
  • Tanky frames are almost exclusively self serving these days since most don't have any threat manipulation. There could be some sort of enemy that bypasses a portion of player defenses, but are naturally taunted more towards the tanky frames while their defensive abilities are active (the defensive ability would ignore the enemy's ability to bypass defenses).
  • There should be more enemies like Nox that are heavily damage resistant except when certain conditions are met (like how Nox has to have his helmet shot off first before he's squishy). This could be used to encourage all sorts of play styles:
    • Enemies resistant to all damage, except while under effect of cc.
    • Enemies only vulnerable to single target damage (from weapons or abilities)
    • Enemies only vulnerable to headshots.
    • Enemies only vulernable to melee.

These are all just examples, but they would certainly encourage more than just bringing an AoE frame, a tank frame with Spin-to-Win. This would also naturally provide a little more balance, as in not needing to nerf as much (since that is often a concern of players -I'm fully pro-nerf in general lol).Nuke frames could all be god-tier in their nuke capabilities, for example, since they would only be good against the hoards of trash enemies...so let them do it well so the other Frames can focus on their "class-specific" priority targets.

36 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

Keep rotations AABC for example,

But after the rotation ends,
make the drop double, then tripple,
then quadripple...

I've mentioned improving endless rotations to reward longer runs but I'm often met with opposition. Players seem to think that providing the option of less overall farm time by staying longer and having more challenge means it prevents them from still doing what they are doing now. They're wrong though.

I like the idea of certain rewards like Cryotic being scaled to the starting level though. That's a nice touch that I never thought about. At the moment there's no real reason for me to get Cryotic from anywhere but Earth since you get far more reward for your effort.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I've made suggestions on the forums aimed at improving both of these things myself.

+1

Having a single (frame/weapon/archwing, etc) that can excel at almost any content is flawed. And I don't just mean that they are self sufficient. All gear should be somewhat effective for all content in general, but when something like AoE is the clear superior option for 98% of the game there is something wrong. 

I have suggested that various enemy types have different weaknesses to encourage more diverse loadouts and more diverse teams. 

• Common, abundant enemies should be susceptible to AoE damage (from either frames and weapons) since that is the purpose of AoE in a hoard killing game. But other enemies should resist AoE damage.
  • There can be enemy types that put debuffs on players that have a long duration but can be removed by Warframe heals (and health orbs created from Warframe abilities).
  • Tanky frames are almost exclusively self serving these days since most don't have any threat manipulation. There could be some sort of enemy that bypasses a portion of player defenses, but are naturally taunted more towards the tanky frames while their defensive abilities are active (the defensive ability would ignore the enemy's ability to bypass defenses).
  • There should be more enemies like Nox that are heavily damage resistant except when certain conditions are met (like how Nox has to have his helmet shot off first before he's squishy). This could be used to encourage all sorts of play styles:

These are all just examples, but they would certainly encourage more than just bringing an AoE frame, a tank frame with Spin-to-Win. This would also naturally provide a little more balance, as in not needing to nerf as much (since that is often a concern of players -I'm fully pro-nerf in general lol).Nuke frames could all be god-tier in their nuke capabilities, for example, since they would only be good against the hoards of trash enemies...so let them do it well so the other Frames can focus on their "class-specific" priority targets.

I've mentioned improving endless rotations to reward longer runs but I'm often met with opposition. Players seem to think that providing the option of less overall farm time by staying longer and having more challenge means it prevents them from still doing what they are doing now. They're wrong though.

I like the idea of certain rewards like Cryotic being scaled to the starting level though. That's a nice touch that I never thought about. At the moment there's no real reason for me to get Cryotic from anywhere but Earth since you get far more reward for your effort.

I honestly wish warframe would read posts like these,
where people are asking for things that make a bit more sense...

This would make it so much nicer to use the other frames in the game...
"

"
    Every player needs a purpose
Edited by Tetraneon
  • Like 1

Sincerely agree.

The game has become so mindnumbingly easy that its falling apart. Teamwork is useless as there is barely enough to do for one person unless you do long ednurance runs or are in missions where you simpyl can't be everywhere at once which doesn't really help the issue because its still boring just more annoying solo.

There is also not only a lack of incentive but also a huge opportunity cost to getting to content past 150, since you have to stay in missions for 1 hour or longer to get there and it can be ahrd to not fall asleep until getting there.

A lot of supposedly difficult content also jsut consists of downright disabling options rather than capitalizing on enemies being really a threat, which is quite frankly just bad game design. We don't need ability disabling, buff purging, status immunities and infinite armor.

Remove armor scaling, settle on a specific armor value, maybe have "elites" which have a set amount of additional armor past a certain level and jsut giv the mobs what they lost in eHP as flat health back so enemies can take hits and not just turn into oneshot squishies argain once people run CP or have armor stripping abilities/weapons which are quite accessible.

The point is also not to remove existing content for those who want to play whatever they want, it is to expand for those who want more, who want to optimize and who want a place to use their power.
Anti-Elitist or Anti-Meta behavior tends to be often elitist itself when condems the meta and everyone who plays it and is equally as toxic as elitist behavior.

The game should provide for both and currently it entirely fails to cover those who want to face endgame challenges. Emphasis on endgame because the Grendel missions are a "challenge" but they are not even remotely endgame as it ltierally strips you of all you have. People want to play Warframe, the Frames, the Powers, the Weapons, not cheap and gimmicky challenges that basically just taunt "hey this is easy but can you also do it with both of your arms tied behind your back while standing on one broken leg?"

Its just trying to make challenges accessible to everyone when they shouldn't. Newer players have more than enough to do, its those who have everything that lack stuff to do because they can't even go to a place where their power is needed, much elss speaking of the rewards of doing so.

I have seen enough people talk about how the game is msot diverse being trivially easy like it is. But thats jsut fake diversity. If everything regardless of actual powerlevel is unconditionally viable then we have a state of absolute irrelevance. If what you do is irrelevant it is fundamentally meaningless. The game will eventually jsut rot away from its stagnation if it stays like this.
Hell, if we actually had content showing the crass powerlevel gaps we mgiht jsut get the weaker frames buffed/reworked into a state where they cna function well in high level. Right now it can be easily shoved under the rug because it is irrelevant for the primary cotnent of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tetraneon said:

Yes but that should be your choice...

But at the end of the day that MR5 is not going to make it in a 2 Hour long arbitration.
You are playing the game as if youre a "god" and in my opinion ruin the game for such players,
unless if they have asked for the help.

I have been MR5 earlier this year where MR25s were running around with saryn, leaving nothing for me to do...
Had it been a freind/ direct invite sure that wouldve been fine...

But I have never seen the fun in letting everyone do the mission for me
and I have never seen the fun in doing the mission for everyone...

The best missions I have ever been in, and the most fun I ever had,
was when each of us were  doing our part to achieve awesomeness...

It doesn't matter how I play with my team mates. If they don't like something they are encouraged to say something about it. However, in public play all bets are off. To presume you can push your play style on public sessions is first class jerkery. Public is the land of compromise. Don't like it, there are recruitment and solo options.

You love to assume the worst behavior in players. Especially, higher MR players. It's not nice to assume we're all the same. Yes, I'm sure some readers will laugh, because I don't care about crybabies and they think I'm satan. 

I tend to nerf myself and play heavy support and show the student(s) every nook and crany in a tile set. It is a looter shooter after all. I do that thing that helps players get better by working it out. Coaching..... Contrary to what some think I don't treat new players like trash. I save that for the deserving.

You don't need a team to get to lv200 enemies by the way. 

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

You don't need a team to get to lv200 enemies by the way. 

You're just proving my point that the game requires no teamwork and it makes the game boring...

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

You love to assume the worst behavior in players.

I do not, but I have also been low ranking and often got bored of missions,
because i got put in with some Over Powered Frame that destroyed everything,
Sure It got me XP or whatever and helped me rank faster, but it also
removed all the fun... 

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

I tend to nerf myself

Needing to nerf your self to enjoy the game sounds kind of redundant, why spend all the energy/time/effort making your self good if you just going to nerf your self.

I am honestly not in the mood to argue though, if you enjoy helping the noobs and do so in a manner that actually teaches them, and helps the progress
in a sustainable way, then good on you, but that should not be the point of the end game...

The end game should be a place where you show off your skills,
In terms of needing accuracy (headshots),
needing sustainability,
needing understanding of mechanics,
needing maneuverability,
needing versatility
not just running around with some boring to use
AOE weapon with a held trigger.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

It doesn't matter how I play with my team mates. If they don't like something they are encouraged to say something about it. However, in public play all bets are off. To presume you can push your play style on public sessions is first class jerkery. Public is the land of compromise. Don't like it, there are recruitment and solo options.

Yes the problem is, it doesnt matter how you play with your teammates, because everyone is doing their own thing..
When you ask people nicely to stop spamming abilities you get met with insults and rude behavior.

Most games have level matching and that's not a lot to ask for...
And it doesn't make it "jerkery", it means you want to play with people 
who can actually keep up with you, or compensate for whatever your frame is bad at.

However I feel your message is more about enticing me than actually making any useful contribution,
this thread is about ideas on ways warframe can make the game better at higher levels,
its not here so that you can boost your ego by telling the world how youre such a kind "god"
for helping other players... Its not here so you can tell us how you heavily nerf your self to keep the game fun,
because those 2 things is not warframe making the game better,
those 2 things are you trying to compensate for a game that has not catered for you.

21 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

Yes the problem is, it doesnt matter how you play with your teammates, because everyone is doing their own thing..
When you ask people nicely to stop spamming abilities you get met with insults and rude behavior.

Something tells me you don't ask nicely. My guess is, you're mad and frustrated when you send a message "asking nicely"
 and those on the receiving end of your wrath, reply in kind.

22 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

Most games have level matching and that's not a lot to ask for...
And it doesn't make it "jerkery", it means you want to play with people 
who can actually keep up with you, or compensate for whatever your frame is bad at.

Then communicate that to your squad or recruit one.... Oh wait, you say that doesn't work........ Unrealistic expectations, combined with arrogance (my way or else.) seems like jerkery to me.

As for other games that match based on skill, those games are primarily PvP focused this is PvE. Different beast. Competitive vs cooperative. High skill is meant to play with low skill to encourage cooperation. 

I'm not opposed to adding a match making option, but I think DE want's us to communicate via recruiting chat. Match make ourselves, ensuring we get the team mates we want. With a match maker you still run the risk of getting placed in a squad you have no synergy with. How mad will you be then, getting teamed up with all Syrans, Limbos or Mirage? Or worse yet, trolls looking to grief. Hey, they all match your MR. It's exactly what you're asking for.

But, that's not what I took issue with.

25 minutes ago, Tetraneon said:

However I feel your message is more about enticing me than actually making any useful contribution,
this thread is about ideas on ways warframe can make the game better at higher levels,
its not here so that you can boost your ego by telling the world how youre such a kind "god"
for helping other players... Its not here so you can tell us how you heavily nerf your self to keep the game fun,
because those 2 things is not warframe making the game better,
those 2 things are you trying to compensate for a game that has not catered for you.

What the f? So, I can't use myself as an example, as it's me bragging about being, in your words a "kind god". You assume a lot about me. You really shouldn't judge. Don't presume to know my intentions or what constitutes fun for me. I don't nerf myself to feel sorry for my clan mates, I enjoy the challenge.  Oh crap, there I go being an egotistical kind god..... Facepalm.

The only ego I see is you beating your chest, "It's my way, my thread, now get in line. If you disagree you're boasting and we're not here to cater your ego". 

However, you did say this after all, which is what I took issue with:

2 hours ago, Tetraneon said:

This implies low MR and high MR should never be allowed to play together. Ever. Because of what ever you mean by, "power struggle". I'll venture a guess, you mean high MR has all the power and the struggle is that it's not fair for the low MR. This is utter bs. It's not a competition, it's cooperative.

You're effectively telling players like myself that we should never help any low MR player ingame, else we're cheating the player and hurting them... Tell that to the players I've helped. They'll tell you where to stick it. Their laughter and excitement playing the game using the skills they've learned, scream horror and suffering. Their hurt is unimaginable you vile high MRs....  .... ....

Yes, high MR has more power. Astute observation capt obvious. File that under duh. However, many high MR players teach, make videos and coach low MR players. And brace yourself.... They like doing it. It's not a power trip, it's a rewarding experience to those players. 

Also public is just that, you nor I have any right to demand anything from public players. Thems the breaks. Like I said,

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Public is the land of compromise. 

If you can't play nice, don't play public with unrealistic expectations. Public doesn't care. Nor should they. Communication is key, but doesn't always work out if attitudes suck. If this is upsetting you, then it must be hitting home for you. 

We're now in the territory of giants and titans...

In my opinion you either Thanos snap the entire star chart and start over,  start with a new Star System or we green-light Warframe 2...or they start adding new monsters like eidolons, thumpers, orbs and keep expanding on them meant to challenge differing builds and specific team compositions not the meta...

• Like 1