Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora: Venari rework

AreeSoothsayer

I've played Khora as my main as soon as I got her. something that has bugged me is how Venari's skills are entirely based on the Warframes power. Not Venari's own power.

So lets change things up a bit.

Chain Bind: Instead of Power Str, it would take it's damage from Venari's damage. Base and Elemental. It would also be affected by Crit chance and Crit multiplier. Each strike rolling the chance to crit.

Disarm: There isn't much to do here since it is a basic disarm, or having no weapon a knockdown. However. If protect mode made it so half the damage Khora took was redirected to Venari some squishy builds could make use of that.

Healing Aura: Base this on Venari's health. She would heal 5% of her Max health to herself and those near her. If she had 1000 health then everyone would be healed 50 per second.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I've played Khora as my main as soon as I got her. something that has bugged me is how Venari's skills are entirely based on the Warframes power. Not Venari's own power.

So lets change things up a bit.

Chain Bind: Instead of Power Str, it would take it's damage from Venari's damage. Base and Elemental. It would also be affected by Crit chance and Crit multiplier. Each strike rolling the chance to crit.

Disarm: There isn't much to do here since it is a basic disarm, or having no weapon a knockdown. However. If protect mode made it so half the damage Khora took was redirected to Venari some squishy builds could make use of that.

Healing Aura: Base this on Venari's health. She would heal 5% of her Max health to herself and those near her. If she had 1000 health then everyone would be healed 50 per second.

before they fix skills they should fix that dreadful AI.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raqiya said:

The best way to fix Khora/Venari is honestly just to remove Venari and play fully into her spider theme instead of this psuedo beast-master hybrid thing she has going. But sadly I know DE will never remove Venari *sigh*.

*stabbs eyes out with a spork* Stay away from Venari!

12 hours ago, Raqiya said:

The best way to fix Khora/Venari is honestly just to remove Venari and play fully into her spider theme instead of this psuedo beast-master hybrid thing she has going. But sadly I know DE will never remove Venari *sigh*.

Unfortunately this is no longer a reasonable request. As soon as venari made into the game it means it is here to stay because most players already make good use of Venari and Venari is cited on her lore ( I not really sure about this one it has been years since I looked it up )

1 minute ago, keikogi said:

Unfortunately this is no longer a reasonable request. As soon as venari made into the game it means it is here to stay because most players already make good use of Venari and Venari is cited on her lore ( I not really sure about this one it has been years since I looked it up )

Yeah, she's a part of Khora's Lore. Its a shame we didn't get a mission impossible quest starring Venari and her Scientist friend to make her at least make her feel more integral to Khora. At the moment she just feels tacked on.

Anyways perhaps they should just remove Khora's forms and have Venari use all her skills on a rotation or at random like [Charm] but have the Heal always be on. Or we could have her skills be mods. With this change we could replace Khora's 3 with something like "Call of the Wild", Venari Summons her pack to attack the enemies (creates Duplicates of Venari on a duration). Using WhipClaw on a Clone increases its damage for synergy.

26 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Anyways perhaps they should just remove Khora's forms and have Venari use all her skills on a rotation or at random like [Charm] but have the Heal always be on. Or we could have her skills be mods. With this change we could replace Khora's 3 with something like "Call of the Wild", Venari Summons her pack to attack the enemies (creates Duplicates of Venari on a duration). Using WhipClaw on a Clone increases its damage for synergy.

I just feel like they should have droped the forms stick as soon as they learned they only slash is truly worthy it. Keep the forms as just a Arsenal thing for the sake of fashion frame. But I dont think venari should have precepts , I think he ahould just use his skill as soon as khora uses one of her own. She uses whip claw , venaris attacks the whipclaw targets ( of they are already dead venari atttacks the closest target ) and so on.

13 hours ago, Raqiya said:

but have the Heal always be on

Attack mode is the better heal by far assuming it's meant for Khora

Venari Summons her pack

(creates Duplicates of Venari

How would you canonically explain this, almost everything about what Venari does and why she exists is explained. Such a change would not sit well with Khora mains like myself who prefer that kitty works as advertised by Sigor Sava.

13 hours ago, keikogi said:

I think he ahould just use his skill as soon as khora uses one of her own

Venari would have to decide what to do out of four possible actions (ensnare, attack, disarm or heal) which isn't something Ai in Warframe doesn't like doing very much

9 hours ago, (PS4)RazorPhoenix970 said:

Attack mode is the better heal by far assuming it's meant for Khora

I said it should always be on, so it'll work in conjunction with [Hunters Recovery].

9 hours ago, (PS4)RazorPhoenix970 said:

How would you canonically explain this, almost everything about what Venari does and why she exists is explained. Such a change would not sit well with Khora mains like myself who prefer that kitty works as advertised by Sigor Sava.

Hydroid can summon a mini Kraken from a puddle... I think we can just say its "Space Magic" or you could say Venari can use void power with Khora acting as a conduit.

Lets be honest [DE] doesn't shy away from retcons and most players (even Khora mains) have little emotional attachment to Venari's lore/story. The lore has no relevance to her kit, no quest line and is buried in the codex under the Ghouls section despite Venari's story being based around the Corpus with Khora herself being acquired from Simaris... Its a mess that only serves to confuse players. 

I suggested that Venari uses her "Disarm" and "Attack" on cooldown/rotation because they're not worth the player going out the way to use himself/herself. Damaging a single enemy is useless in a Horde Shooter and so is Disarming a single enemy. At least by having multiple "Copies" of Venari in theory it'll target a larger range of enemies and play more into the idea that Khora is the "BeastMaster".

Edited by Raqiya

8 hours ago, (PS4)RazorPhoenix970 said:

Venari would have to decide what to do out of four possible actions (ensnare, attack, disarm or heal) which isn't something Ai in Warframe doesn't like doing very much

Never meant to give the AI a chance to duck up. Each skill would be tied to a venari skill , the only thing left to the AI would be target.

Edited by keikogi

7 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

They could make an augment. Replacing the 3 rotation skills with one skill that summons Mirror venari's for a set amount of time with a % of venari's stats dependent on how many ranks the mod is.

why waste a mod slot on that when you can just remove the mechanic. The swapping mechanic was just a leftover from the IPS change and should've been binned with it.

• 2 weeks later...