Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken War vs Nikana Prime

oreom

Question

Following the latest nelee overhaul, what do you think about Broken War vs Nikana Prime?

I used NP a lot when I started out (used to have MR0 requirement), then got BW from War Within, but at that stage I wasn't using swords anymore so I just shelved it.

Does anyone has any experience and recommendations with both? I'm toying around a bit with BW, just wanted some opinions and mayne save myself from an unnecessary forma rabbit hole.

Cheers!

6 answers to this question

Before Broken War was comparable to the Dragon Nikana statwise, so the Nikana Prime is was superior. It's now closer to the Nikana Prime but still slightly inferior to the Nikana Prime due to lower base damage and crit damage multiplier. But it reaches red crit teritory easier than the Nikana due to the higher crit chance, so you could say it's more comfy to use.

TLDR; It's a game, pick what you like and have fun. Both are good, Nikana has higher potential but also higher requirements.

Honestly, I have more issue with some of the reworked stances ruining the feel of weapons (I don't expect any changes though) over damage on the starmap so I'd personally look at how much you like the weapon stance before adding in loads of forma. 

3 hours ago, oreom said:

Does anyone has any experience and recommendations with both

Yep, tested them both in sumulacrum and in real missions with multiple builds and they are neck in neck close now as long as you have blood rush/condition overload.
The nikana p is a little stronger imo, but it's not something that you would notice much.The both do the job, quickly and effectively. 
Broken war received a huge buff and I say this as a good thing because early in the game is hard to find decent weapons. 

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

Yep, tested them both in sumulacrum and in real missions with multiple builds and they are neck in neck close now as long as you have blood rush/condition overload.
The nikana p is a little stronger imo, but it's not something that you would notice much.The both do the job, quickly and effectively. 
Broken war received a huge buff and I say this as a good thing because early in the game is hard to find decent weapons. 

Would you recommend a critical build, or a hybrid? BW seems like it could handle a hybrid one