Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave challenges reset after recent update!

BethTheBean

20 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Good evening.

There was a hotfix for the Chimera Prologue , that probably happened about 20 mins ago. When I logged back into warframe, I noticed the weekly Nightwave challenges were reset (I had 2 to go), but I did keep my Nightwave rank.

Was this intentional, or a screw up? 

Thank you for your time and consideration. :suda::hexis:

This was fixed serverside at 8 p.m last night or so after players alerted us to the issue's existence. It was a cosmetic only issue - you couldn't redo challenges, nor did their progress actually go away.

We are looking into any residual issues now.

• Like 3

I was in regional, seeing if after the most recent hotfix, anyone still had the problem, as I did. KekBot told me it was only cosmetic. I explained that before the glitch, I had done 1/3 exterminates. It was reset to 0/3. I did another, so I had done 2/3 this week, and it displayed 1/3. If this was merely a cosmetic glitch, I should have done one more and gotten my Nightwave credit. However, I did another and did not receive credit. Therefore, I did lose progress on the challenges. I have not tested this on my syndicate mission progress or sanctuary onslaught progress, but seeing that other people reported their progress being lost on these, I'm guessing the same would happen. Hope my test helps figure out what's up.

Good to hear residual issues are being investigated, and that this seems fixed for some players.

Edit to add: Most certainly impacted my Sanctuary Researcher task as well. Was at 3/5, reset, and just did 4 today with no Nightwave reward.

Edited by Dinyx
Additional testing

The cosmetic bit was fixed for me, but I 100% lost progress on some nightwave quests. Ditto to what Dinyx said. I needed a couple more scans for Simaris and had to do all 5 of them to get it to work. Technically I am uncertain if I actually lost progress on syndicate missions as I still would have needed several more..but now I'm wary to do them in case it gets lost again.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This was fixed serverside at 8 p.m last night or so after players alerted us to the issue's existence. It was a cosmetic only issue - you couldn't redo challenges, nor did their progress actually go away.

@[DE]Rebecca sadly its not correct that this is only cosmetic. i have done all nightwave missions but supporter (was 6/10) and sanctuary researcher (was 3/5. i finished the daily cephalion mission) yesterday. both where resetted to 0 yesterday (yesterday means before the daily login reward reset) . today i have done the warning shot mission, which was correctly displayed and the 1000 points where correctly  added. right now i have done 2/3 scans for my daily cephalon scans. with the scans from yesterday this would make 5/5 but i haven't got the points and also the ui shows 2/5. so i lost my time for 3 cephalon missions. will do the supporter missions after the scans but i think it will behave the same was. so its redoing all syndicate missions again. this is not only cosmetic -.-

please fix!

50 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Monday night is when it started for me 😕

Yesterday (before daily reset) I did challenges with polarization, 3/3 extermination, and 1/5 for Simaris. Today (after daily reset) I see they are not completed (standing don't disapear). I made 3/3 extermination again and nothing was changed. Do I need use forma again? Do I need to make for Simaris 4/5 (if it's only UI bug) or 5/5 (if it's reset)?

Of course in my case it will not take much time to repeat, but other people spent much more time and have same questions.

vor einer Stunde schrieb scorpion2xs:

@[DE]Rebecca sadly its not correct that this is only cosmetic. i have done all nightwave missions but supporter (was 6/10) and sanctuary researcher (was 3/5. i finished the daily cephalion mission) yesterday. both where resetted to 0 yesterday (yesterday means before the daily login reward reset) . today i have done the warning shot mission, which was correctly displayed and the 1000 points where correctly  added. right now i have done 2/3 scans for my daily cephalon scans. with the scans from yesterday this would make 5/5 but i haven't got the points and also the ui shows 2/5. so i lost my time for 3 cephalon missions. will do the supporter missions after the scans but i think it will behave the same was. so its redoing all syndicate missions again. this is not only cosmetic -.-

please fix!

same here, hit half of my clanmates too, only the ones who weren't online didn't get this problem

On 2019-11-26 at 3:04 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry, but you're incorrect.

Though, you don't gain rep from the ones you had completed -- you're now not gaining rep from those challenges that were not finished before the hotfix. 

My rank before the hotfix was untouched, and the dailies work as normal.

:meridian:

Edited by GrazeZeroLow
Updated info.

Well, this bug happened to my son, but not to me, so it seems to be random or related to something obscure to us.

Here is my situation:

Spoiler

And here is my son situation after doing the forma task, 2 of 3 exterminations, 2 syndicates and one scan for Simaris. 

Spoiler

Nightwave-kitibodea.jpg

Indeed, the points he earned remained, but what should he do now? Do the forma again? Well, if he will earn those points again, it may be nice, but wrong. I think most people will be fine with a double creed week. But, then, why not reset me too? I feel neglejected... 😉 

Funny, the hotfix that announced that something was fixed live just bugged that thing for those that didnt had the issue. Neither me or he had troubles with Nightwave on Monday, so nothing was fixed on our side, why then it broke for him after this hotfix? It reverted the fix for some peoples? Or the fix broke those that did had the issue monday, but then why not for me too? I was online when the hotfix was deployed, he was not, if this counts somehow. 

Edited by Cicattrix