Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Projectiles+Combo Counter

(PSN)BlueStrikerX

So, regarding exalted blade and the combo counter. You see, the combo counter is practically useless on the blade due to the fact that more often than not, the projectiles do most of the damage, if not outright kill your targets before you can actually hit them. This makes the combo counter increasingly hard to fill, thus making some mods and such kinda pointless. The exalted blade has a lot more potential considering an exalted weapon should be very powerful, right? Well I think it would be a nice little tweak if the blade's projectiles counted towards its combo counter. You know. Considering it's technically coming from a melee weapon anyway? Thoughts anyone?

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)BlueStrikerX:

So, regarding exalted blade and the combo counter. You see, the combo counter is practically useless on the blade due to the fact that more often than not, the projectiles do most of the damage, if not outright kill your targets before you can actually hit them. This makes the combo counter increasingly hard to fill, thus making some mods and such kinda pointless. The exalted blade has a lot more potential considering an exalted weapon should be very powerful, right? Well I think it would be a nice little tweak if the blade's projectiles counted towards its combo counter. You know. Considering it's technically coming from a melee weapon anyway? Thoughts anyone?

I have to disappoint you. Long time ago, the sword beams were able to increase the combo-multipler. But it was nerfed, because it was to strong.

But the nerf, was before the saryn and melee reworks, so who knows. Maybe one day

TBH... I feel like the projectiles make the whole 'swordsman' thing somewhat obsolete. The sword is basically a gun.

I'd honestly rather they get moved to just his heavy attack (with a big buff, making it a full on getsuga tenshou kidna thing). 

There are enough ways of building up combo with Exalted Blade that this hasn’t been an issue for me to be honest.

1. Surging Dash. This Slash Dash augment adds to the combo counter with every enemy hit, and works when Exalted Blade is active.
  2. Guardian Derision. Taunts enemies within 15 meters into attacking you while increasing the amount of combo gained from blocking. 
  3. Slam attacks. An AOE that can easily build combo off of clustered enemies. Just don’t accidentally heavy slam.
  4. Patience. Instead of mashing E at everything in view, hold your fire and close the gap first. Getting into the habit of attacking enemies directly makes it easier to maintain a combo, especially when combined with one or more of the above methods.

I certainly wouldn’t say no to any Exalted Blade buffs at this point though.

Edited by ExcaliburUmbra

No, not at all. 

There are no problems building combo counter unless you decide to just sit in a corner and spam the waves through walls. In which case, you're clearly not using it as a melee weapon in the first place, therefore combo count should not be deserved. (Regardless of there still being ways to build combo count that way) 

While EB does need a buff, this is definitely not the buff it needs.