Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Orbiter design -Opinionated Feedback

Ryim_Drykeon

As the title says, this is my Opinion. Others are free to chime in with theirs, but remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Don't degrade others for theirs.

I love the new Skylight. Think the lighting filters need work on angles and glare, but otherwise a nice addition.

As for the rest ... I'd rather have the old models back. Especially the Incubator. The new one looks like something someone doodled while in a meeting. The new Foundry looks too much like a 3D printer. The mobile arm on the old style looked so much more high-tech. While the design of the new Mod section isn't bad, the old looked so much cleaner. Not talking about the "wear and tear", but the design.

Going on to "wear and tear": Seriously? When we can pump out weapons and warframes and archwings, we can't pump out paint? Apparently having a Domestik doesn't do much? (no, I didn't expect that bot to actually clean, but the idea is there). This may have been a nice touch when we first started playing: To have the orbiter look "old" while we added each module. Putting it in now makes this option just look trashy (not pun intended). I don't need a slider, I need an option to turn this bad idea off.

TL:DR

The old orbiter Art was far superior to the new design.

7 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Going on to "wear and tear": Seriously? When we can pump out weapons and warframes and archwings, we can't pump out paint? Apparently having a Domestik doesn't do much? (no, I didn't expect that bot to actually clean, but the idea is there). This may have been a nice touch when we first started playing: To have the orbiter look "old" while we added each module. Putting it in now makes this option just look trashy (not pun intended). I don't need a slider, I need an option to turn this bad idea off.

TL:DR

The old orbiter Art was far superior to the new design.

Amen in all regards, the old worn out look just doesn't make any sense with the level of tech in the game.  Plus if I am changing the interior colors am I leaving the worn out spots on purpose? o.O  This isn't Fallout76 is it?

Edited by Vindicta_Necis

The new incubator also has the huge problem of looking the same no matter what it is doing. If you are breeding a new pet or taking an imprint the only way you can tell when it's done is by walking up and interacting with it.

8 hours ago, IIAc3sII said:

Spoiler

g6zGDvA.png

What is going on with those things sticking out of all the machines including arsenal anyway? They were hidden before the latest patch. And I still don't know what the hell they're supposed to be. They serve no purpose other than clipping into my decorations.

On 2019-11-30 at 6:45 PM, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Putting it in now makes this option just look trashy (not pun intended). I don't need a slider, I need an option to turn this bad idea off.

Turning it all the way back turns the function off.

however, the floor wear and tear does not seem to be affected by it. its not affected by anything other than color

57 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Turning it all the way back turns the function off.

however, the floor wear and tear does not seem to be affected by it. its not affected by anything other than color

I had to change my colour scheme just to get rid of it 😞