Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Implement a new mission featuring the Lotus having a duaghter being kidnapped

(PSN)Guardian_of_One

I think Warframe has done well over the years, I really do... But I think implementing missions that give rewards like warframes designed after the personas of real life actors based on movies like "Taken" with Liam Neeson and "Blade" with Wesley Snipes would be a very nice twist to the game... I think everyone has a movie and an actor they would like to see implemented into warframe wouldn't you all agree? As for me, I'd like a questline based after the movie "Taken," where we find out that the Lotus has a daughter who is kidnapped and she sends the tenno after the kidnappers and as a reward, a warframe after Liam Neeson where one of his abilities has his famous phonecall quote... granted royalties will need to be payed and stuff...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

I think Warframe has done well over the years, I really do... But I think implementing missions that give rewards like warframes designed after the personas of real life actors based on movies like "Taken" with Liam Neeson and "Blade" with Wesley Snipes would be a very nice twist to the game... I think everyone has a movie and an actor they would like to see implemented into warframe wouldn't you all agree? As for me, I'd like a questline based after the movie "Taken," where we find out that the Lotus has a daughter who is kidnapped and she sends the tenno after the kidnappers and as a reward, a warframe after Liam Neeson where one of his abilities has his famous phonecall quote... granted royalties will need to be payed and stuff...

"I have a particular set of skills..." -- Liam Neeson from the movie "Taken"

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

I am MR11, and I have Excalibur Umbra and the Paracesis... I am as far as the story allows me to fo for now...

And why would we help a potential daughter of Lotus? May I remind you Lotus, as of right now, is our enemy. As of right now, we should kill any daughter of Lotus. So did you follow the story when playing the quests, or did you skip all the dialogue?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

Unless I am missing something...?

Well, Lotus (Natah) is a part of Sentient faction. Sentients are somewhat close to Reapers from Mass Effect (they are machines with AI evolved to the point it finds exterminating humans the best way to save the world). We are getting very close to full-scale war with Sentients. Do you still find your suggestion fitting?

Oh, and also Lotus has actually become sterile quite some time ago.

Edited by Xaero

Ok, ask yourself this... Why would the lotus willingly help us, an enemy, to become stronger? And don't tell me that she brainwashed herself so it explains why she doesn't remember us as an enemy... she had to have her memory blanked because she wanted us to survive, what's the point in keeping us hidden if we if are an enemy? Plus, not to mention the operator clearly states that she doesn't think the lotus is acting of her own free will...

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

Ok, ask yourself this... Why would the lotus willingly help us, an enemy, to become stronger?

First Natah was sent to infiltrate the Origin system and turn the Tenno against the Orokin.

Then she, as the Lotus, was supposed to kill off the Tenno as the last obstacle to the Sentients, but her Lotus personality rebelled and she hid us on Lua to protect us (see: Second Dream quest).

Then, ostensibly due to the intervention of Ballas, she reverted to her Natah personality, abandoned the Tenno, and flew off into space to join her Sentient family to prepare to invade the Origin system as she was originally meant to (see: The Sacrifice).

For various reasons Natah/Lotus has switched sides numerous times. Currently she is our enemy. You cannot simply treat her as a previous iteration of herself in the present time - don't expect any new content involving her to come around until after The New War is concluded. You can already tell this is the case because things like Disruption missions are built to work without any Lotus VO - because at the time everybody's playing them, Lotus wouldn't be our mission control. Hence, any mission where we do anything for the Lotus (like the mission you suggest) isn't going to be added to the game for a long time.

Also, Warframe is definitely not the type of game to do any kind of licensed crossover with other IPs. Nora Night is the most explicit kind of homage we're going to get. Making frames out of modern day actors is... dramatically off-brand.

Edited by FrackingBiscuit
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

And the lotus isn't really the topic of this chat really anyways... it's the point of adding new missions and warframes based on movie characters...

Yeah, with movie quotes. Though I don't remember any of existing warframes saying anything besides "wraaaaagh", "aaaaargh" and "buuuurp".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

So having Wukong based off of the Monkey King from the movie "The Forbidden Kingdom isn't paying homage, or Vauban as a joke from the star wars joke quote "It's a trap?" I highly doubt it that it was merely coincidence that these frames exist purely by devs creations...

You should've at least googled Wukong and Vauban before posting this.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

So having Wukong based off of the Monkey King from the movie "The Forbidden Kingdom isn't paying homage, or Vauban as a joke from the star wars joke quote "It's a trap?" I highly doubt it that it was merely coincidence that these frames exist purely by devs creations...

You can't be serious.

Right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

Yes I will save lotus daughter because she is the daughter of me tenno & lotus lol

The adult tenno in Duvuri Paradox is played by Liam Neeson (after the trend of live actor played in games recently)

I thought adult Tenno was played by Keanu Reeves.

a4QvBP6_460s.jpg

Edited by Xaero
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genitive said:

You can't be serious.

Right?

I'm dead serious... regardless of their "pasts" or "stories" the fact that Wukong, the one warframe that has a staff that makes him overpowered and also seeing as how he is almost impenetrable as a warframe just like how the monkey king is immortal in the movie, I say its bullcrap... the "coincidences" are too identical, also his celestial twin ability is also showed in the movie... not to mention that he is never without his staff...

Edited by (PS4)Guardian_of_One

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

I'm dead serious... regardless of their "pasts" or "stories" the fact that Wukong, the one warframe that has a staff that makes him overpowered and also seeing as how he is almost impenetrable as a warframe just like how the monkey king is immortal in the movie, I say its bullcrap...

Wukong and any media surrounding him is based off chinese mythology... As for vauban maybe do a little bit of research.

That aside, no. I'd rather not see a bunch of blatant pop culture and movie themed content turn WFs plot and universe into a cringe fest and become as bland as the media hamfisted into it. ESPECIALLY not media as goofy and generic as taken. Tenno diologue at times is cringy enough, lets keep it to a minimum. I'm more in favor of WF lore going in its own direction that is as unique and in universe as possible. Homage and inspiration is one thing, blatantly forcing things in is another entirely

In the nicest way possible: just... no no no no no

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 3

vor 36 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Guardian_of_One:

uhm.. Wukong - the Monkey King - is a chinese hero out of a legend told lastly in the "journey to the west" story wrote a few hundert years ago. Beside that Nezha was his former student in this legend and is also adapted into the game. That was to give the chinese marked more attention as far as i know....

Zitat

I'm dead serious... regardless of their "pasts" or "stories" the fact that Wukong, the one warframe that has a staff that makes him overpowered 

the staff isn't overpowerd - since the last update - and the new melee system - the staff is pretty useless in compartion with other weapons.. 

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
typo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Guardian_of_One said:

Anyways, you guys and girls have the rights to your opinion, but it's not up for you to decide. If the Devs see this post and like the idea, there's nothing anyone can do about it... so get use to that understanding...

If you make a post, you have to also be up for criticism of said post. Didn't help that you went into this being misinformed about certain things from the get go. Don't take it personally.

That being said, I can absolutely guarantee you the devs aren't going to make a liam neeson frame or anything along those lines. That would be so out of universe and so contradictory to everything in game. it would stand out like a sore thumb and thats without even considering the licensing issues

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 1