Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profanity on Region Chat

(PSN)Tommy-MF-Badass

So I said the word "A******" in region chat. Not to someone or about someone in the chat but just what I was talking about. And all of a sudden no more chat. Seriously? What's the point of having a profanity filter turned off or on if you're just going to boot people for saying it no matter what? And COME, ON!!! who are u catering too here, if someone has a problem with swear words shouldn't they leave profanity filter on? Which it is be default. So if you go into your settings and turn it off, wouldn't that mean you dont care. So y'all lost me on this one. Trash 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Tommy-MF-Badass said:

If they have their "shat" filter on they wouldn't smell or see it. If they went and manually turned it off that means they dont mind the smell of "shat"

Sure, the people would smell it. But the owner of th table would still want you out.

The same happened here. The profanity filter is there for the users. If they want to see it or not. Remember there are things like private messages and clan chats. DE can't do anything about these chats. The filter is basically for these chats. The region chat and any other chat is different. DE has an eye on those chats. If they see something they don't like, they will punish you.

If people have there filter activated, they won't smell the poop. This doesn't change the fact that the poop is still there. If you couldn't smell it, would you eat it? Surely not.