Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch U.26 - U.27 Bug Report

Glaive-012

9 hours ago, (NSW)Glaive-012 said:

These graphical errors appear to be more prevalent in gameplay sections that demand higher performance from the console, especially Railjack missions and/or playing the game for an extended period of time.

Seeing it when I log on and when I come back to a mission sometimes odd things during them. Seeing it a lot in the navagation. 

On 2020-02-29 at 1:27 AM, (NSW)Glaive-012 said:

These graphical errors appear to be more prevalent in gameplay sections that demand higher performance from the console, especially Railjack missions and/or playing the game for an extended period of time.

I see the pink squares in skyboxes after doing a single mission. If that's an extended period, we're all in trouble.

Only on my Switch

Pink squares replacing planet nodes, replacing item locations on the mini map (covers enemy locations), pink squares covering part of the liset. Mini map flashing, squiggles and dancing on Mars extermination missions (literally unreadable), icons in the orbiter replaced with large "Z" shapes. Part of the map (doors, hallways, walls) completely disappearing, sometimes I see the other side of the door or wall, sometimes it's blank. Enemy sometimes look like they zig zag teleport (just one of them or a few at a time). Falling through the ground/map in the plains by the lake with a continuous loop.

This is what I am experiencing. Doesn't matter how long I play but is definitely worse the longer I play. Reloading the game helps but not all the time.

Weird bugs

Edited by (XB1)CrayCraySkipper
Switch

9 hours ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

I see the pink squares in skyboxes after doing a single mission. If that's an extended period, we're all in trouble.

8 hours ago, (XB1)CrayCraySkipper said:

Only on my Switch

Pink squares replacing planet nodes, replacing item locations on the mini map (covers enemy locations), pink squares covering part of the liset. Mini map flashing, squiggles and dancing on Mars extermination missions (literally unreadable), icons in the orbiter replaced with large "Z" shapes. Part of the map (doors, hallways, walls) completely disappearing, sometimes I see the other side of the door or wall, sometimes it's blank. Enemy sometimes look like they zig zag teleport (just one of them or a few at a time). Falling through the ground/map in the plains by the lake with a continuous loop.

This is what I am experiencing. Doesn't matter how long I play but is definitely worse the longer I play. Reloading the game helps but not all the time.

Weird bugs

The length depends, of course. Reloading helps indeed, though the issue might still persist in one way or another.

Vengeful series ephemera effects disappear within missions, especially noticeable with the trickster ephemera. Operator doesn't display ephemera effects properly at all in missions, frame ephemera effects stop seemingly at random partway through.

EDIT:
Further testing with the ephemera has given me the following effects that can be reproduced:
-Trickster ephemera on frame: Invisibility effects override the ephemera, it disappears for the rest of the mission. Switching to operator and back to frame also has the same result, though only after some time has passed in the mission.
-Trickster ephemera on operator: does not display at all in missions.

-Toxin ephemera on frame: Body glow effects remain, floating particles occasionally disappear when using the same methods as tested with trickster
-Toxin ephemera on operator: Body effects do not display at all in missions, particle effects remain as normal

Edited by (NSW)Gunz

- unable to invite people for trades

- under communication friendlists/clan lists show no one is on, even though I am sure this isn't true. I can see people in the clan chat

- will not be able to join open squads in nodes, goes from finding squad for several seconds to booting into my own session even though there are open squads on the node

A fresh reinstall appears to fix the invite issue but only for 1 play sessions, the install goes back up from 18.7GB as advertised to 19.2 , at which point all the issues return.  Something isn't right here as the install was 18.7GB when i booted up the gam e and that session worked flawlessly . I could see people on my clan list, see friendlist and even invite people.  

Edit:

I also note that ipv6 is always flagged under chat settings Even when I turn it off, exiting th game to save the settings and returning sets ipv6 to on again.

Doing the ipv6 test shows my modem doesn't support It, though my ISP does. I am wondering if this is the issue . 

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

U.27.1 Empyrean [3/11/20]

Spoiler
  • Lack of shading for trees in Earth's background (at the starting tileset below).
Spoiler

EGt3tDg.jpg

• Glitched mod card in place of an Arcane in the Inbox, after receiving the respective Twitch drop. Hovering over the Arcane/Mod softlocks the game controls, forcing a necessary reset.
Spoiler

nQXRm0J.jpg

lEwmxom.jpg

• Void/Derelict/Grineer Galleon Ships invisible within the opening mission cinematics.
Spoiler

BgrENvY.jpg

6Xuh39F.jpg

Edited by (NSW)Glaive-012

6 hours ago, (NSW)Glaive-012 said:

Your proposition wasn't permanent, but luckily a fix is coming for the issue.

That's good to hear. Is that fix going to be in the patch currently in cert

I read through the notes and it only vaguely mentions fixing net issues .  

@(NSW)Glaive-012 sorry to ping you again.  Can you confirm the  bug I described is what is being fixed?

The cert description talks about the sleep mode Matchmaking bug being fixed then goes on to vaguely talk about other "net issues". Sleep mode matchmaking is important but for  me, it's the general inability to send invites and appearing offline to others. I asked for clarification in the cert thread  if that was fixed but never got a reply. 

Will players like me being unable to see friends or clan mates online or invite them get a fix? 

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

Regarding the vague "net issues" fix, is actually a pretty broad thing. There was an awful bug that cached the error state, so that once something went wrong (in netcode) you were stuck in a broken state. The best example is waking from sleep mode and having a brief moment where you fail to reconnect to your wifi, which leads to an error state, which then means you're permanently unable to do any matchmaking / seeing friends / etc.

This should fix that, but since we've never been able to repro a netcode error outside of waking from sleep mode, we're not 100% certain this will fix all cases. So at this point its just "fixed net issues" until we see what everyone on public says 🙂 I'm crossing my fingers though

2 hours ago, [DE]JoshB said:

Regarding the vague "net issues" fix, is actually a pretty broad thing. There was an awful bug that cached the error state, so that once something went wrong (in netcode) you were stuck in a broken state. The best example is waking from sleep mode and having a brief moment where you fail to reconnect to your wifi, which leads to an error state, which then means you're permanently unable to do any matchmaking / seeing friends / etc.

This should fix that, but since we've never been able to repro a netcode error outside of waking from sleep mode, we're not 100% certain this will fix all cases. So at this point its just "fixed net issues" until we see what everyone on public says 🙂 I'm crossing my fingers though

Thanks Josh. 

I've been playing since March 2019 with no issues. Stopped briefly in Novembrr to February this year to face the friendlist matchmaking issue on exactly the same hardware. So I was very sad about it. 

I've been limping along hostnig my own squads on busy nodes and trading in Maroos.  My help ticket just gets copypaste reply from support to try solutions that others  matchmaking bug forums day don't work.  Some I've tried myself.    On that note matchmaking forum see full of posts with my issue. 

I am heading home to test to see if I'm fine , hope this fixes it

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

@[DE]JoshB  Not looking good,  no change in status. Tried the most basic thing which was to delete save data.  I'm about to do hail many hour long redownload of the whole game. That fixed the issue for me for 1 session last time i tried before breaking agian. After that I am out of ideas.  

Update - full reinstall did not fix the issue. I am feeling like I lucked into a good session last time i did a full reinstall just because i had to reconnect to the game (see my notes below)

Some notes on my end.  That may help you troubleshoot

- although friendlist and matchmaking is mostly broken, I can still host games and see people in maroos.

-I tried using hotspot with my phone for my Internet and was able to see the friendlist  and matchmake normally (this idea came from the Xbox matchmaking bug forums)

- My phone mobile  internet supports ipv6, my home cable moden does not though my ISP does.  Does that change things in any way?

-Last week, (Tuesday/Wednesday) I was randomly able to get sessions where friendlist worked and I was able to matchmake fine.  Tuesday/Wednesday being worknights may explain why I able able to get on if the below theory from Rick Saissore is correct.

-Update - today, after multiple failed sessions being broken, I tried one last time and on my 8th try, I lucked into a good session.  (but never had this kind of luck on the weekends)

This feels like a network issue@(NSW)Rick_Saissore mentioned in the matchmaking bugs thread something about apartments and DE servers perhaps not realizing multiple connections could come from the same source. I do live in an apartment.  The 'last thing' Rick is referring to in the quote before is the same fix DE support is asking me to do, which is to play around with my modem.  This poster doesn't recommend it and I'm not technical enough to want to try. And to him, it did not fix the issue.  

Direct link to his post 

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

2 hours ago, (NSW)Dekusuta said:

-I tried using hotspot with my phone for my Internet and was able to see the friendlist  and matchmake normally (this idea came from the Xbox matchmaking bug forums)

- My phone mobile  internet supports ipv6, my home cable moden does not though my ISP does.  Does that change things in any way?

This definitely tells me it's an issue with your router, not a fault on the game's end.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

This definitely tells me it's an issue with your router, not a fault on the game's end.

I considered that, but why are so many people having the same issue? At exactly the same timeframe? I played fine until October.

From what I can tell old blood update started this issue, which occured after i took a break.

A quick search shows that my isp only has some models rolled out with ipv6 support.

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

Just now, (NSW)Dekusuta said:

I considered that, but why are so many people having the same issue?  A quick search shows that my isp only has some models rolled out with ipv6 support.

It might not even be an issue with the ipv6 itself, it could be something else causing incompatibility. The fact that you can connect fine via another network tells me the issue is limited to your home network in some way. Either your ISP is restricting traffic, or your router isn't compatible. It's also possible since you're in an apartment that there just isn't enough bandwidth.

56 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

It might not even be an issue with the ipv6 itself, it could be something else causing incompatibility. The fact that you can connect fine via another network tells me the issue is limited to your home network in some way. Either your ISP is restricting traffic, or your router isn't compatible. It's also possible since you're in an apartment that there just isn't enough bandwidth.

I have a 300mpbs down / 15mpbs up connection, i should have enough bandwidth   Also router is or was fine with the game up unti I last played in October before I took a break.  Issue only started when i came back, at which point searches, showed a lot of people has the same issue. 

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Dekusuta said:

I have a 300mpbs down / 15mpbs up connection, i should have enough bandwidth 

I'm the only person on my network, and I don't have enough bandwidth to upload a 2 minute video to youtube without demolishing my ability to use the internet. I'd definitely get in touch with your ISP and demonstrate your issue to one of their techs.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

I'm the only person on my network, and I don't have enough bandwidth to upload a 2 minute video to youtube without demolishing my ability to use the internet. I'd definitely get in touch with your ISP and demonstrate your issue to one of their techs.

I'll see what i can do, still very strange it worked fine for months and a cluster of problems similar to mine popped up  after an update and has persisted since.

• Like 1

U.27.2.2 Warframe Revised [3/17/20]

• Character facial models becoming radically deformed during their speaking dialogue via transmissions, typically when their heads perform rapid movement while they speak.
Spoiler

s5H5Bj7.jpg

3jgykTo.jpg

xWQLLF0.jpg

oIvln82.jpg

• Playing a transmission included within an inbox message will only play the last transmission that was played before,
Spoiler

2cBNjru.jpg

You can see that the transmission is meant to be playing Cephalon Cy's message, but by playing one of Amaryn's messages before that, the inbox is playing the same prior transmission in place of Cy's.

• Modded stats of the equipped warframe still displayed in the warframe select menu from the Arsenal, instead of its un-modded base stats. This makes it harder to compare the stats of other warframes that may be present in the player's inventory, when using Y to preview them.
Edited by (NSW)Glaive-012

@[DE]JoshB  Like last week when I got in (Tuesday/Wednesday)  was able to get another set of 'working' sessions on Monday, Wednesday night and this (thursday) morning (i didn't play this morning as I am supported to be working from home but just wanted to see if it worked) . In both cases, logging out of the game and back in and I'm back into a broken state.   So it's very much a hit or miss thing If i log into a broken state or not.  I suspect (agian) that due to my login hours yesterday and today, low network traffic to Warframe may have helped me get a working sessions.  As I've tried multiple reconnects on weekends and never drops me into a good session.  

I also noted there's 2 types of broken states.  in one case, checking the clan list, everyone appears offline including myself (it will say last online 2m on initial check).  In another case, checking the clan list, it will show 1 person online (me), outside of that the broken states are the same.  Cannot see people online, can only host but not join open squads, cannot invite or be invited

I  also got off support with my ISP and they confirmed my current modem does not support ipv6, and never did. Only their newest modem does.  So when I was playing Warframe most of last year with no issues, I was on the same ipv4 connection. I haven't changed modems, or Switch consoles or ISPs.  Still on my cable 300mbps down 15mbps up connection.  I'm with Shaw internet which is one of the big providers out west in Canada.

My game is also saved to a Nintendo branded SanDisk 128GB sd card. I recall some older patch notes referencing a performance fix to SD cards in relation to matchmaking. Again not sure if that may have caused the issue. 

Hope this helps you. I will continue to limp along for now.  i am out of ideas.

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

The pink texture bug is continuing to get worse.

Spoiler

This is an arctic eximus bubble. Health, energy, and affinity orbs all display with similarly obnoxious pink shading. Closing and restarting fixes it for a while, but it invariably comes back.

• Like 1