Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I extract from a railjack mission?

DigiTm

Question

The mission summary is incorrect when you abort.

I'm not actually sure about unrefined resources, but the rest of the stuff you keep even though the mission summary screen says otherwise. I took some before and after screenshots when aborting after the extraction timer but before nav is used. Intrinsics kept. Weapons kept. Avionics kept. Resources kept. It's all saved when the extraction countdown finishes.

17 hours ago, IamLoco said:

Yeah no one understands this mechanic. It´s dumb. Period.

Fact is - if you do not refine your looted resources, they will NOT go to your or your squads´ inventory.

You need to refine before going back to your dojo or all the gathered random resources are lost. Except very few exceptions. And you can see this clearly - if you go back without refining, you will have 2 or 3 items in your mission summary. If you DO refine, you got a long list of random stuff.

No one likes the refining mechanic and no one actually knows why they made it this way - and I am pretty sure they will scrap it soon. But as of today - you need to manually refine.

PS: The "purpose" of refining is, that you, as a squad member, can decide any time, that you now want your share of the loot. And that you don´t want your share of the loot to be used for crafted ship materials, like repair juice, ammo etc.

You CAN refine any time during a mission, but you will at this very moment empty the resource cache of the ship and contribute all gathered resources to the team. Often rendering the ship with not resources to continue. Which is - obviously - a totally dumb idea in the first place.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

I checked again today after playing a few missions solo (only played solo so far).  After completing the mission (but not returning to dry dock yet), when I pull up the menu and 'View current progress', I can see that I have the resources I picked up.  When I use the Forge and hit Refine, I get new resource notifications on the bottom left as if you had just picked it up.  Then checking my 'View current progress', I see that I now have more of those resources.

Is it possible that when you pick up resources during a mission, a fraction of it goes into the Forge?  This would allow crew members to build revolite, etc during the actual mission.  When you click 'refine', you can claim all back (for solo or for the squad).  If the latter is true, shouldn't the 'Refine" button be renamed as 'Claim' or 'Claim from ship' or 'Return resources to squad'?

Any time after a mission is finished and someone starts a second or third that I didn't want to stay for, I would just select abort to leave. Doing so let me keep my rewards from the previous missions since they were already completed and collected.