Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

Justo ahora, peterc3 dijo:

Then why isn't the overall revenue and user count relevant?

They are not relevant because present statistics live from the past. My thread speaks of a tendency towards the future and a present state of things, which in general tends to get worse.

8 minutes ago, HyperDiver said:

1500+ hours of Warframe, maybe more. Didn't even read your post lol, I was not reacting to your specific argument but to these "game is dying" threads which are absolute nonsense. If you don't like the game anymore then, as I posted above, leave.

Really a brick wall ,experiencing first hand what they call a white knight ! Defend the fortress till the last man.

If you are not reacting , why are you even here , you are thoroughly enjoying this !

If WF was as you wrote all dandy and fine , why does this discussion even exist ?

10 minutes ago, HyperDiver said:

There is a clear difference from useful feedback and obnoxious doom-and-gloom posts,

I am clearly stating that there are elements in the game which are bad , for objective reasons. People agree. It`s not like inventing the wheel or hot water lol.

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Then why isn't the overall revenue and user count relevant?

This is subjective. Feelings.

Again, not fact. This is speculation. DE's HQ could be hit by a meteor.

The OP said the numbers were irrelevant to "the product".

Player count is very relevant at least imo. Because a player count may not be a definite way of showing how healthy a game is but constant drops in a player count or a steady decline is something to look at and at least question why players are leaving so frequently. I can't say warframe is dying but in my personal op the state of the game isn't getting better (it's not really getting that much worse either) again I feel like DE should take way more time and actually release content as a whole when it's 100% complete instead of giving us segments 

2 minutes ago, Awazx said:

They are not relevant because present statistics live from the past. My thread speaks of a tendency towards the future and a present state of things, which in general tends to get worse.

The past is also a basis for what the devs will do in the future. If the past is meaningless, you have literally nothing to base the future predictions on. This is a Warframe is dying post in way more words than usual and equally as relevant to the discourse around the game.

Just now, peterc3 said:

The past is also a basis for what the devs will do in the future. If the past is meaningless, you have literally nothing to base the future predictions on. This is a Warframe is dying post in way more words than usual and equally as relevant to the discourse around the game.

I don't think it's a wf is dying post rather then him voicing why warframe is ina had state right now

hace 3 minutos, peterc3 dijo:

This is subjective. Feelings.

Then I guess for you:

• Lunaro = unnecessary and obsolete.
  • Conclave = unnecessary and obsolete.
  • PoE (Open world) = It is not real open world, in disuse.
  • Vallis (Open world) = It is not real open world, in disuse.
  • Approach = abandoned system, to improve.
  • Sindycates = abandoned system, to improve.
  • Mods = 90% of useless mods, system abandoned.
  • Weapons = 90% of unnecessary weapons, abandoned system.
  • Maps and missions = 90% of maps and missions are irrelevant.
  • Lich (comments left over)
  • Warframes = the state of many Waframes arable.
  • Bugs = inefficient error management, some that remain for years.
  • RNG = tendency to increase RNG + RNG systems.
  • Warframe as a system = Warframe is currently a system composed of multiple isolated and disconnected sub-systems (content islands).

I guess all this for you is just "my feelings."

1 minute ago, Awazx said:

It is.

Mods = 90% of useless mods, system abandoned.

Mods have been abandoned? Really?

Bugs = inefficient error management, some that remain for years.

This speaks more about you than of the game, just FYI.

Just now, Awazx said:

Then I guess for you:

• Lunaro = unnecessary and obsolete.
  • Conclave = unnecessary and obsolete.
  • PoE (Open world) = It is not real open world, in disuse.
  • Vallis (Open world) = It is not real open world, in disuse.
  • Approach = abandoned system, to improve.
  • Sindycates = abandoned system, to improve.
  • Mods = 90% of useless mods, system abandoned.
  • Weapons = 90% of unnecessary weapons, abandoned system.
  • Maps and missions = 90% of maps and missions are irrelevant.
  • Lich (comments left over)
  • Warframes = the state of many Waframes arable.
  • Bugs = inefficient error management, some that remain for years.
  • RNG = tendency to increase RNG + RNG systems.
  • Warframe as a system = Warframe is currently a system composed of multiple isolated and disconnected sub-systems (content islands).

This list is very subjective I must say. You as a player can't deem something obsolete. Well you can hut that's your opinion vs another player and that holds no true weight in a subjective argument. I'm not saying I disagree that alot of the game is disconnected but saying a system is abaonded like weapons or mods is a very opoinanted statement 

hace 19 minutos, (PS4)sweatshawp dijo:

This list is very subjective I must say. You as a player can't deem something obsolete. Well you can hut that's your opinion vs another player and that holds no true weight in a subjective argument. I'm not saying I disagree that alot of the game is disconnected but saying a system is abaonded like weapons or mods is a very opoinanted statement 

Everything I say is subjective, and everything that says here (and anywhere else) another person, is subjective. Objectivity is an illusion or privilege given to special minds.

Making that clear and accepting that I am subjective:

• The open world we have is not an open world, based on formal definitions that what is expected of an open world in a game.
  • When I say that 90% of the mods are unnecessary, I refer to the fact that 90% of all compilations (for all weapons) use practically the same mods. I don't think that can be objected.
  • When I say that Lunaro and Conclave are unnecessary, it is because currently nobody (or almost nobody plays them).
  • Weapons (speaking of primary and secondary): there are a few META weapons, which are used by everyone and others are left taking dust in the inventory.
  • (...)

Of course I am subjective, but at least I have arguments that defend my subjective position.

Edited by Awazx

7 minutes ago, HyperDiver said:

eYof7y2.jpg

Getting more fun and fun with every copy paste you make , and since deleting the post to which i replied , nooo you do a meme 🙂

Oh my , how ingenious indeed. Cheers to you and happy festive season.

P.S watch out for that wall , it might hit you eventually :XD

Thread seems to have run its course, so I'm going to go ahead and lock it with a note:

People said the game was declining/dying in 2014. 

People said the game was declining/dying in 2015.

People said the game was declining/dying in 2016.

People said the game was declining/dying in 2017.

People said the game was declining/dying in 2018.

And now we have people saying the game is declining/dying here in 2019.

But the game is still here.

Sure, the game has changed. Radically, even. It's not the same game it was way back in 2013 or 2014 or 2015. It's possible the game won't be the same next year. It's possible that the game may change in ways you don't like, or in ways you don't expect, or in ways you don't think would help the game succeed. Yeah, DE can make mistakes, they're human too. But they're not idiots; they have resources and statistics and data that we don't--they can poll data on how many users are playing, what they're playing as, what gear they're using, player retention, etc. DE knows how players are playing the game and they know how to adjust things accordingly. And you may not agree with how they adjust things, but DE knows their game, they know the direction they want to take it, and they are capable of determining what works and what doesn't.

Now, I'm not discounting or saying negative feedback is invalid--negative feedback is actually very valuable in improving the game--but making claims about how the game is dying, that DE is somehow sabotaging or poisoning their colloquial baby is needlessly sensationalist. There's also a very real possibility that users who have played the game to the extent where any change--regardless of how minor or major--makes them angry may be suffering from burnout and need a change of pace in the form of a hiatus. There's nothing wrong with taking a break, and taking a break may be a good thing if all you've played for the last 1500+ hours is Warframe.

tl;dr - The game isn't dying, DE likes to change the game as their vision for it evolves, negative feedback is good, needlessly sensationalist claims are bad, and burnout is real. Locking.

• Like 5