Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manually blocking with Exalted Blade?

-Pudge

Question

I swear I cannot get it to work, the closest I’ve done is getting it to auto block. I can manually block perfectly fine with my paracesis and other melee weapons but not with EB.

Please help, does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

ps. I know you have to use the melee weapon by holding F to block manually, I did that with EB and he does nothing.

8 answers to this question

I’ve been encountering this issue as well.

Interestingly enough, I have gotten blocking to work maybe half the time, other times I pull out my EB and the aim button does nothing at all. From my runs over the past few weeks, this issue crops up the most while I am a client in a squad mission. For solo play, manual blocking with EB usually ends up working for me.

I’d chalk it down to a bug, since I’m certain you are supposed to have manual blocking capability in melee-only mode.

5 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

You need to equip exalted blade just like any melee weapon. Because of the quick melee, you'll have to use whatever you have it binded as, to switch to holding melee. If you can still shoot your rifle, you will not be able to block.

This is exactly why I wrote that ps. part.

7 hours ago, -Pudge said:

This is exactly why I wrote that ps. part.

As I said, you have to press and hold F to make sure you have it equipped. Now additionally, you should try to use a gun just to make sure you're using the blade as your equipped weapon.

Otherwise I have noticed it doesn't work until having checked.
Before my previous post, I had checked it myself and it had a hang up before he blocked. I have used manual blocking just the other day before this update and never noticed, but maybe I checked to make sure it was equipped. I do use him daily hence my forum badge.

Pressing F (or whatever you have it bound) to go into full melee mode as a workaround to get EB to block does not seem to work if you only have a melee weapon equipped and no primaries/secondaries. Effectively, the game has already put you by default into full melee mode, but it seems EB does not recognize the state.