The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave "recover" have a weekly cap?

Bregastor

I am asking this question because me and a friend started to do Nightwave this Monday, since we took a break from the game. 

We rushed till rank 16 but my friend told me that no more quest are being recovered, I really doubt we did 8 weeks worth of nightwave in such a few time. 

Just now, Butterfly85 said:

Could be the the daily quests as they time out after a couple of days. 1000 standing a day will mount up if you've not been doing it for a while

there would still be enough nightwave xp in 8 weeks to get rank 24+ without dalies.. so there is some stuff missing imo, each week without dalies gives at least enough to do 3 ranks.

this being said, i have been on the catchup before and when it appeared i had caught up the day after when i logged in again i had another recovered mission. So it may have something to do with the progress in the week, or it is forcing u to space it out a bit more i forget exactly how it works, but check again tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Could be the the daily quests as they time out after a couple of days. 1000 standing a day will mount up if you've not been doing it for a while

I considered that but counting 7k only  acts we did  only 5/6 or them, so we miss at least other 8 or something like that. 

Of course 50+ days of 1k quest are worth 5ranks alone but apart from those Imo we are missing a lot of other act.

Will check later if they appear again. 

Edited by Bregastor
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bregastor said:

I considered that but counting 7k only  acts we did  only 5/6 or them, so we miss at least other 8 or something like that. 

Of course 50+ days of 1k quest are worth 5ranks alone but apart from those Imo we are missing a lot of other act.

Will check later if they appear again. 

Update 25.7

• In order to avoid spoilers, Nightwave Acts that require completing content tied to Quests will now be locked unless you have completed the related Quest. Locked Acts will point you to the Quest required to complete in order to unlock it.

this could also explain it if more don't show up later this week

this is the only other thing i can find related in patch notes that might affect you, however i don't think this is the case based on what u have said so far

"Catch-up Acts will now appear once you have less than 3 current-weekly Acts left to complete, as opposed to only appearing once you’ve completed the whole current week."

5 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

"Catch-up Acts will now appear once you have less than 3 current-weekly Acts left to complete, as opposed to only appearing once you’ve completed the whole current week."

There we go, this is what I was going to say. Thanks hehe

They changed this part of the system not long ago. This might be what's holding you up.

8 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

Update 25.7

• In order to avoid spoilers, Nightwave Acts that require completing content tied to Quests will now be locked unless you have completed the related Quest. Locked Acts will point you to the Quest required to complete in order to unlock it.

this could also explain it if more don't show up later this week

this is the only other thing i can find related in patch notes that might affect you, however i don't think this is the case based on what u have said so far

My friend never bothered with silver Grove, and we had to do it to unlock his act. You get the act anyway and you see it locked, until you complete the quest. 

And also no, act stopped refresh at a rate of 3 today. Instead we were left with only 1 quest to complete, after 2/3 single quest recovering, it stopped completely recovering them. 

(we completed every single act of this week) 

Edited by Bregastor

You can't recover acts that are the same as the current week. So if the recovered act is something like unlock 10 relics, it will not actually get recovered because it is technically complete for this week.

At reset for next week, after you complete those current acts, you should start getting more acts recovered.

My understanding is the issue is that there was a bug where recovered duplicate acts were auto completing but not granting standing. They got rid of that bug, but now they take up a recovered slot, but are not actually recovered and able to be done, so you get to the point where no recovered acts show. Once reset happens and the acts change you can then recover them, and get past them to the previous weeks.

Edited by (PS4)CaseFace8
typo

6 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

You can't recover acts that are the same as the current week. So if the recovered act is something like unlock 10 relics, it will not actually get recovered because it is technically complete for this week.

At reset for next week, after you complete those current acts, you should start getting more acts recovered.

My understanding is the issue is that there was a bug where recovered duplicate acts were auto completing but not granting standing. They got rid of that bug, but now they take up a recovered slot, but are not actually recovered and able to be done, so you get to the point where no recovered acts show. Once reset happens and the acts change you can then recover them, and get past them to the previous weeks.

This explain why 2 acts stopped recovering but 1 kept going for 2/3 more. 

This is actually bad to hear, but I guess there is nothing much I can do about it. 

Thanks 

Edited by Bregastor