Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Kosma Elite Lancer Unit Health is far greater than it should be

OrangeKing64

The I Kinda agree here; the idea behind the large health is sound, and in paper it sounds great, other wise people invading your ship would mean about as much to us as a flea does to a dog; it’s a problem but eh. But the  problem with it is; at the level we currently fight them at, not putting them down in one shot is a major issue. With regular enemies at that level, we don’t put them down in one shot because we want to, it’s because we *have* to, they do so much damage that if you get caught in a bad place for more than 0,000001 seconds you are gone instantly. Kosma enemies are no different, and it leads to a lot of encounters that just aren’t fun because in some cases when you try to do anything other than wish you were somewhere else, you find yourself on the floor before you can get any real damage in. If I get caught out with a weapon that isn’t 100% up to the task it’s game over the moment a ramsled hits you; I just can’t kill them before i use all my revives. I think they either need to tweak their damage or reduce the level we face them at to make things more fun.

Edited by lavalamp3002
Spelling

Am 19.12.2019 um 00:47 schrieb OrangeKing64:

When boarding ships in Railjack, I noticed that the Elite Lancer Units were eating a lot more damage than they should. After scanning I compared them to normal Elite Lancers.

Normal has 200 Alloy Armor and 150 Cloned Flesh
Kosma has 200 Ferrite Armor and 2500 Flesh

The Ferrite Armor is a nerf to it, but the 2500 Flesh is more than 16x better than before and is more resistant to damage. 

And then there is Gyros with 2000 Health, Exo being ~1000.

I tried to kill them at Level 140.. No fun at all. This forces players to use a small subset of specific weapons, which turn out to be "overused" in the long run and their Riven stats nerfed.

Foolmin already has 0.65 for example.

On 2020-02-17 at 8:41 AM, NoSpax said:

And then there is Gyros with 2000 Health, Exo being ~1000.

I tried to kill them at Level 140.. No fun at all. This forces players to use a small subset of specific weapons, which turn out to be "overused" in the long run and their Riven stats nerfed.

The reason why people use things like the Arca-Plasmor, Ignis, or Fulmin aren't because they're great weapons, it's because of their area effect and can be modded up to slaughter everything else in the other game mode. You wouldn't use a Bramma against an Eidolon, would you?

What if I told you I'm oneshotting things with a Sepfahn zaw in the veil because I'm leveling it up as MR fodder?

Don't be afraid to look at other weapons.

• Like 1

Am 17.2.2020 um 17:41 schrieb NoSpax:

And for that tge riven disposition of your favourite weapon gets higher. So your riven will become stronger and stronger until your weapon can kill the enemies. 

And if the riven can't make the weapon usable. Don't use it for the "endgame" content. Did you expect that you could use your starter 7 Forma Lato against the highest enemies ingame, or what??? (Except endless missions)

Am 15.2.2020 um 19:13 schrieb lavalamp3002:

But the  problem with it is; at the level we currently fight them at, not putting them down in one shot is a major issue. With regular enemies at that level, we don’t put them down in one shot because we want to, it’s because we *have* to, they do so much damage that if you get caught in a bad place for more than 0,000001 seconds you are gone instantly. Kosma enemies are no different, and it leads to a lot of encounters that just aren’t fun because in some cases when you try to do anything other than wish you were somewhere else, you find yourself on the floor before you can get any real damage in. 

(Kinda strange to hear it from someone, who use a Rhino as profile picture.)

I never had a problem with the damage. Whether my Rhino, Oberon or my Ash. Oberon and Rhino can easy tank the damage (Iron skin/ Regeneration + their middle tier CC abilities) and Ash is just invisible. When I die, than because of a mistake, or I was glitched.^^

On 2020-02-19 at 4:40 PM, SpringRocker said:

You wouldn't use a Bramma against an Eidolon, would you?

Actually Kuva Bramma can deal reasonable damage to Eidolons with some damage buffs, be it Roar, Vex Armor, Smite Infusion, etc. If you can handle the self damage.

16 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

And for that tge riven disposition of your favourite weapon gets higher. So your riven will become stronger and stronger until your weapon can kill the enemies. 

You don't even need rivens. I use an Orthos Prime. Rivens are utterly worthless on it (same for the Lesion, my other favourite) - the disposition is so low that an ordinary dual stat mod gives more benefits.

It massacres the crap out of every single boarding party, no matter whether I'm invisible, buffed or just wandering around as plain old Nekros.

Of course, that still doesn't excuse their tankiness being way out of scale for their level (same applies for the Fortuna mobs). The level of a mob should be the sole indicator of how difficult it is to fight that mob. If they need to be made ultratanky for some reason, then their level should be increased for the sake of internal consistency. Something called an Elite Lancer from the Grineer faction should be pretty much the same for all its subtypes. Perhaps with different weapons for different environments (eg. hind vs. harpak vs. grinlok), but the health, armour, speed and special abilities should not differ by much.

On 2020-02-21 at 9:36 PM, DoomFruit said:

You don't even need rivens. I use an Orthos Prime. Rivens are utterly worthless on it (same for the Lesion, my other favourite) - the disposition is so low that an ordinary dual stat mod gives more benefits.

It massacres the crap out of every single boarding party, no matter whether I'm invisible, buffed or just wandering around as plain old Nekros.

Of course, that still doesn't excuse their tankiness being way out of scale for their level (same applies for the Fortuna mobs). The level of a mob should be the sole indicator of how difficult it is to fight that mob. If they need to be made ultratanky for some reason, then their level should be increased for the sake of internal consistency. Something called an Elite Lancer from the Grineer faction should be pretty much the same for all its subtypes. Perhaps with different weapons for different environments (eg. hind vs. harpak vs. grinlok), but the health, armour, speed and special abilities should not differ by much.

I mean you say that but Melee's been the only way I've been able to consistently fight boarding parties with any kind of speed and such because melee is frankly goddamn ridiculous right now damagewise compared to guns.

Also, for people claiming 'you're not fighting hordes', that's correct. You're not. But you're also not backed up by three extra dorks, because they're probably off doing other crap because that's what Empyrean is about.