The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone know how to access the tactical map on console

(XBOX)theferrells

Question

Iv checked my bindings and button mashed and nothings happened anyone know how to access it iv already upgraded my tactical a good bit  (EDIT after extensive research its been found you need to hover over your specific frames tactical power example chroma hovers over his 2 then you press r2 then left on d pad you must be standing still)

Edited by (XB1)theferrells
  • Like 1

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Sadly, as UnderRevision said, haven't found a way to bind it on PC. Why they didn't just replace the map with the tactical map when inside the RJ I do not know.

The baffling thing is that I've got buttons with nothing bound to them at all.  There's plenty of space to map things, especially if they'd fix that weird melee binding restriction on the left bumper that prevents it from being rebound.  It's such a strange omission.

This is exactly what I was coming here to post myself.

Yesterday I got like 13 points so I started playing around with things and the primary one I was focusing on was Tactical and could not figure out how to do it. Every mission I kept trying out different combinations and buttons and locations and looking for consoles but nada.

Half my buttons when piloting don't do anything so there's no excuse of a lack of controller space. Are we seriously unable to use that skill line?

8 hours ago, UnderRevision said:

If you have a keyboard, it's mapped to "L" by default on PC, I believe.

I have a keyboard plugged into my PS4. I'm going to try L when I get home to see if that keybinding works for it. Lol

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

I use a controller on PC for accessibility reasons, and I've just been hitting L on my keyboard, which is both awkward, and not an option for console players.  It's silly, the tactical map is very important, and I'm surprised they allowed the patch to go live without you guys having access to it.  I don't understand why we can't hold our regular map bind down for it, the same way we switch map modes in PoE/Fortuna.

Half my buttons when piloting don't do anything so there's no excuse of a lack of controller space. Are we seriously unable to use that skill line

We don't just use it when piloting/using stations, though. It's how we teleport around the ship, most of the time when we're doing that we're not at a station, but in our Warframes, so the binds can't conflict there.  Which is a lot of why I'm so confused that they didn't make it work like map switching in PoE/Fortuna, which has no conflict with any mode we're in during railjack.

Edited by Andvarja
Quoted the wrong post becase apparently forums are hard, sorry

9 hours ago, UnderRevision said:

Simply put: you can't.  I use a controller on PC and, to the best of my knowledge, you cannot open the tactical display with a controller because there is no way to bind that action to a button.  If you have a keyboard, it's mapped to "L" by default on PC, I believe.

You would think using the map button would work, either clicking or holding it to open the menu up. I have the map button bound to the select button on controller. in the open world areas you can tap the map button to get a generic map that rotates with you, like in regular missions, or hold it to get a map you can move and place a marker on.

3 hours ago, DarthTygg said:

Has anyone posted this under the bug report section?

I saw a post in there about it, yes.  Didn't look like it got much in the way of attention.  Most PC players play with mouse and keyboard, after all.  I personally made mention of it in the main feedback thread as well, just to make sure someone did.

And I fully agree with everyone else here that holding the map button would be a great way to integrate it.  Here's hoping all the controller issues get patched soon.

EDIT:  Well, that was fast.  Hotfix just went out and it's point three on the patch notes.

Edited by UnderRevision
Hotfix made post incorrect almost immediately.

I am an idiot.  The tactical menu binding is under GENERAL, not RAILJACK.  Because of course it is.  You have to be able to open the tactical menu while walking around the ship, not just while on the guns or pilot seat, which is incredibly, painfully obvious in hindsight.  That does leave us with the problem of where on earth to put it though, since the general controller mappings are pretty crowded as it is.  I made a suggestion in the hotfix thread that it could be put under the ABILITY MENU bindings since there's a ton of open slots there.