The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feelings Towards Ember Prime

W4RM4CHIN3

I don't think anybody is upset, or expects to be able to change it. It's more of a question of why. There's been a lot of complaint about Ember's nerfs. She's a low armor, squishy frame who has to get close-ish range to fight effectively and who is most useful against the closest range enemies.

I don't dislike her, I've just never been compelled to use her, and most of the people I've met feel the same. She's the frame I see used least of all, which is especially surprising because she's so much easier to acquire than others.

chill the hell out bro.

dont think anyone is really "butthurt" about this.

its more a joke than anything else.

Then it's a terrible joke because this takes up forum space and takes the place over other discussions that could be more beneficial to warframe in general.  

Seriously, every time something gets announced some people just flip out or complain and whine about everything.  It's the reason the board as of late has been getting more irritating since attempts at discussion are buried under these pointless debates.  

Why a male? There's already two of them and only one female. Just because you like them doesn't mean that they are next.

Excal shouldn't count as a Prime. You can't farm him and most players don't have him. He's a novelty. So in fact it's 1:1, could have been any gender.

I really expected Loki, I have to say. He's the only starter left without one, and they already have Mag Prime as a caster, and Frost Prime as a tank/caster. We need some variety. There's already far too many normal caster/nuke frames.

I was expecting ash, Volt, or at least Nekros...

Here's a question for you.

Who cares?

Don't want her? Fine, don't get her.

Want someone else? That's fine too. You're not going to get someone else for a while, but hey, it's still fine.

Complaining about someone's -- or in this case, a group's -- decision(s) because they aren't what YOU wanted is childish.

Relax.

Be patient.

I'm personally not surprised. First, there's the idea of "balancing" between the number of male Primes and female Primes. Secondly, they said in a previous livestream that it was a choice between Mag Prime and Ember Prime for the next one, so to me, it was to be expected that the next one would be Ember, since she wasn't chosen first.

I am curious though. What would some other prime frame look like? Saryn, especially, looks quite organic in terms of how her design is made. Adding those golden trims over her current designs would seem very out of place. In fact, the only thing I think could use the gold trims is her Hemlock helmet, under the "flower" (it looks like a tiara already). Other than that, I'm not sure if Saryn would look good as a Prime to be honest.

By the way, Saryn's one of my favorite in terms of gameplay and design, so I have no negative bias against her.

Edited by Casardis