Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs Crossbows!

ZaBr0m

I don't know if I am the only 1 who uses the Paris on hard missions like EXTA and cant kill anything so I think warframe really needs some new bows and crossbows because the ones we have now are useless at higher levels. Thoughts? 

I have good news for you. The Tenno research team took the design of prehistoric outdated impractical crossbow, implanted a magazine to avoid those pesky long reloads. Also made it fully automatic for the overwhelming +20 enemies Tenno is facing all the time.

They named it the Boltor!

And what part of the Chinese relates to the whole 'space ninja' theme DE claims it to be?

Chinese martial artists trained with crossbows just like any other weapon of that time period.

Uhh... Nope. It's got four strings linked to the chamber, in an X formation. I don't recall the Chinese every making a crossbow that positioned strings in an X formation.

Oh so sorry, the Chinese only had 3 bows with 2 linked to the center

Chuangzi_Nu1.jpg

But then again, I said "Modeled after" and not "directly copied from."

What the ****?

Chu-ko-nu, right?  Chinese repeating crossbow?

Chuangzi Nu, but I was just trying to prove a point really.

Conceptually, it comes from the the Chinese repeating crossbow (Chinese 諸葛弩; pinyin: zhūgě nǔ; Wade–Giles: chu-ke nu; literally "Zhuge crossbow") as well as the Chuangzi Nu.

Zhugenu-payne.jpg

Of course they added some futuristic style to it, though.

Chinese martial artists trained with crossbows just like any other weapon of that time period.

Anyone can be trained with crossbows, can they be called 'space ninjas'?

Are you not getting the point of my question? I was asking how the whole Chinese business has anything to do with with the theme of this game, which is a sci-fi fiction.

It takes a bit of time to wind up a crossbow, which makes it impractical in a game like this. I understand why DE has decided to add this in - for variation.

But I don't, for the love of God, understand why you would repeatedly use the Chinese as an argument against my statement. Which was:

This game was supposed to be based around the 'space ninjas' theme... But since they already released a western-styled revolver, I can no longer say anything...

No more. I'm tired of this.

(rant over)

Now onto a positive note: that crossbow looks awesome.

We already have the dual revolvers (Dual Vastos), what's wrong with adding a crossbow. Some will say the Akbolto and Boltor are like crossbows. Guess what...

No! :P

We do need crossbows. Perhaps one fully auto and another which requires pullback.

P.S: I love crossbows too! :D