Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MK3 Sigma Engines seem to do... nothing.

Gravemind93

I researched and fabricated the MK3 engines and they seem to do literally nothing more than the vanilla engines do, either in-mission or even in the stat screen.

Vanilla engines previewing engines I salvaged,

9S9eRbt.jpg

As you can see, the speed goes up.

Vanilla engine previewing the MK3's,

huQnFaC.jpg

And here we see the boost going up, but nothing else. I thought maybe it was just a UI bug but even in a mission I can tell I'm going incredibly slow compared to my—supposedly worse—salvaged engines.

Please tell me somebody else has this bug.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WreckitRaf said:

Oh yeah. just checked it. It's half refund for me. But I'll just hold on to it just incase they actually do fix this (assuming this is an error/bug).

yea gotta wait... but so salty why no one tested if they even give the stats -.-

10 minutes ago, ssxtriki said:

yea gotta wait... but so salty why no one tested if they even give the stats -.-

"Today" was the first day a player could've even gotten 'em so I'm expecting a huge torrent of people in the next day or two saying the same thing.

But seriously, DE should've checked if "hey does even the basic Research stuff work?" Like I defend DE a lot but this is just ridiculous. Minimum of 9 days of waiting for MK3's and they literally do nothing for actual speed. At least the shields and reactors work, can confirm.

11 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

"Today" was the first day a player could've even gotten 'em so I'm expecting a huge torrent of people in the next day or two saying the same thing.

But seriously, DE should've checked if "hey does even the basic Research stuff work?" Like I defend DE a lot but this is just ridiculous. Minimum of 9 days of waiting for MK3's and they literally do nothing for actual speed. At least the shields and reactors work, can confirm.

Maybe they had to wait nine days to test them properly (or: maybe the way they tested them bypassed the 9 day wait, and also bypassed this bug...)?

19 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

Please tell me somebody else has this bug.

beside the first screen not showing the vanilla engine but the mk1 vidar withthe rng-value for speed, the bug you have is only a visual one. to get the correct values of your mk3 sigma engine (also this goes for about everything in the railjack, weapons and avionics included) install it, then exit the config-console and re-enter it. voila!

DE wil likely fix that in the next main hotfix (next year ^^) since it was reported in the main-bug-thread for railjack several times already (really, very often, no kidding) - which btw is where you should have posted this too (or not if you had read ALL 66 pages by now ^^)

just joking - ofc no sane person is reading all this... well, except for the devs, i hope...

24 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

to get the correct values of your mk3 sigma engine (also this goes for about everything in the railjack, weapons and avionics included) install it, then exit the config-console and re-enter it. voila!

Already tried. Even logged out and back in. Nothing.

11 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

Already tried. Even logged out and back in. Nothing.

hmm... i did not tried out the sigma mk3 myself since i found a better one long before i had the research for it even started, but might as well build it to see if this is indeed a mistake by DE (likely they copy/pasted values between those base components that aren't susceptible for random values like the ones from the 3 houses).

did you tested any other sigma equipment and also maybe a none sigma engine?

8 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

hmm... i did not tried out the sigma mk3 myself since i found a better one long before i had the research for it even started, but might as well build it to see if this is indeed a mistake by DE (likely they copy/pasted values between those base components that aren't susceptible for random values like the ones from the 3 houses).

did you tested any other sigma equipment and also maybe a none sigma engine?

Salvaged engines seem fine across the board. The salvaged ones in my screenshot above are what I still use. People are saying the MK2's are also broken but I never made them cause my salvaged engines were still better.

On 2019-12-22 at 3:58 PM, Fleuria said:

Maybe they had to wait nine days to test them properly (or: maybe the way they tested them bypassed the 9 day wait, and also bypassed this bug...)?

Yeah but you gotta think that at least 1 of 'em went "bippity boppity boop" and unlocked them early on a dev build to make sure they do the 1 thing they're designed for.

2 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

Yeah but you gotta think that at least 1 of 'em went "bippity boppity boop" and unlocked them early on a dev build to make sure they do the 1 thing they're designed for.

They probably did.

And they probably work when unlocked that way.