Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zetki Photo mk 3 + 28% damage cant kill a light grineer fighter, im i missing something?

rockscl

So i built this 15k titanium gun.

Its equipped numbers says it does:

• Plasma 165.1
  • Incendiary 318.9

Yet, this poor little boy needs to fill its entire heating meters 4 times just in order to kill 1 of the weakest grineer Fighters in the Veil, nevermind the amount of titanium that i just wasted, or the platinum used to rush it, is this gun supossed to become reliable under certain specific condition?

We dont have the options to make any Zetki armament reliable or really useful atm. A well rolled Vidar will pull ahead since it will have equal or higher damage due to the house bonus and have no heat whatseover to worry about.

I dont think Zetki guns got any proper attention during the dev process because they really didnt balance heat build up vs damage on them. I think they somehow got neglected and stuck with fluff reasons around the "balance" of of them i.e being power hungry items. It works on the other equipment pieces and avionics because they give a far larger benefit to their cost or are balanced well around the flavor text on the specific item. The guns however are just a pita to use.

The only weapon I've found that's reliable at killing things in the veil is the Cryophon.With hyperstrike and a basic section density crits 1 shot anything while some fighters get 1-2 shot.  I've heard good things about the Carcinnox but haven't bothered making one until I get a god roll.

I made a zetki pulsar MKII and hated it because of the low damage and insane heat.