Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Railjack] archgun/wing behavior in railjack space

Pro3Display

before i go into feedback section can someone confirm a few things for me? :

-phaedra is projectile instead of hitscan in railjack space

-fighters fly faster than said projectiles

-crewship barrage ignores odonata shield

-archwing is way slower than anything else in railjack space

-unable to cast abilities while blink is on cooldown in railjack space - is it the same for for other archwing missions?

maybe other weird stuff you encountered?

All Archguns are projectile in railjack space. 

Odonata shield has never blocked explosives well. It blocks the projectile but not the splash damage. 

I've heard people complaining about projectiles being outran by fighters, but since I use amesha like most people, I've not noticed it. 

Archwing tends to be faster than a jack, until the pilot has drifting unlocked then they're faster. 

5 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

1-phaedra is projectile instead of hitscan in railjack space

2-fighters fly faster than said projectiles

3-crewship barrage ignores odonata shield

4-archwing is way slower than anything else in railjack space

5-unable to cast abilities while blink is on cooldown in railjack space - is it the same for for other archwing missions?

1 - All of them are projectiles now.

2 - They fly faster in a straight line, but you're not limited to straight line engagements

3 - Unaware, I'm using Amesha and its NOT because of Railjack. Itzal was rendered useless outside of Railjack, and had the Amesha ready almost since its release.

4 - Archwing is slower, period. There are no 3-speed layers now.

5 - This never happened before, and it isn't happening now.

2 hours ago, Pro3Display said:

-phaedra is projectile instead of hitscan in railjack space

-fighters fly faster than said projectiles

-crewship barrage ignores odonata shield

-archwing is way slower than anything else in railjack space

-unable to cast abilities while blink is on cooldown in railjack space - is it the same for for other archwing missions?

All Archwing weapons are projectiles in Railjack (bit of an issue with Grattler and the Lich weapon as they are slower than essentially everything)

Fighters are only faster than Grattler and the Lich weapon, everything else is slightly faster (barely)

Crewship rounds have AOE and that is what kills you just like a Frost bubble and a Bombard, it'll kill even a Amesha

Archwing can keep up and catch even the fighters if you are quick at blinking (specially with the later boosts you can get from Intrinsic)

Never had an issue with casting skills while blink is on cooldown.

22 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The devs claimed that the current Archwing sprint is the same speed as old Archwing afterburner. Did they lie about that?

Not really, no. They, however, removed the 3rd (fastest) speed layer which was the Afterburner.

Players now have... Maneuvering thrusters, Main thrusters... And that's it.... Well, now its more like Maneuvering thrusters and Afterburner.  But yeah, the 3rd speed layer's gone, that's why they're slower.

39 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Not really, no. They, however, removed the 3rd (fastest) speed layer which was the Afterburner.

Players now have... Maneuvering thrusters, Main thrusters... And that's it.... Well, now its more like Maneuvering thrusters and Afterburner.  But yeah, the 3rd speed layer's gone, that's why they're slower.

You didn't read my question. I was told that they DID leave the afterburner speed in. I was told that "new mode, W + shift" was the same speed as "old mode, W + shift + spacebar"

Did the developers lie about that?

OH!... Well, when you put it like that...

What I think they meant is that the current mode "W + Shift" is the same, in speed, as the Archwing initial release speed mode "W + Shift". The one made with "W + Shift + Spacebar" is effectively removed, and the definition of "Afterburner" was applied to the current mode...

... So, it was essentially a full reversion to the initial Archwing speed layers, where you only had 2 speeds. So, if you compare the initial Archwing "W + Shift" speed layer to the current "W + Shift" one, its exactly the same.

Now, did they lie? depends on the interpretation. I don't think that they lied, because I ran Archwing missions a lot before the Experimental Flight and the other amalgam flight model  were implemented. Now, for those that didn't witness Archwings when they were initially released, they'll assume that they were lied to.

The question you should ask yourself is: Do you remember the Archwing movement on its initial released well enough to compare with the current movement?

If you do remember how it was, then you weren't lied to.

Edited by Uhkretor