Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any way to prevent my teammates from launching the Railjack post-mission?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

Look, I just did a Railjack mission and it was fun, but afterwards I'm flying around looting and searching for the nice loot that's hidden in the rocks and wreckage, and someone always goes and starts a new mission.  I don't want this, my Railjack told me it doesn't want this either.  If they want a new mission, it's easy enough for them to leave and do one without dragging me with them.

Is there any way to prevent this?  Can I child-lock the navigation?  How do I loot the space rocks in peace?  Is my only option to do every Railjack mission solo just so some impatient Tenno can't prevent me from getting loot in my loot-shooter game?

I'm a bit salty, but I also understand that of course, everyone wants to get on with whatever part of the game they want to get on with.  They want to do another fight, I get it, and that's cool.  I just wish it wasn't so trivial for them to take me away from what I want.

• Like 6

On 2020-02-05 at 12:38 PM, RougeMagma said:

It's a bug, but it's random (doesn't always happen). You can always do railjack solo. Just board railjack from the menu, set it to solo, and choose a node from navigation. 

Not a bug. DE frelled us console players. As for flying solo, sure. Easily done. But it sucks being FORCED to play rj solo because trolls won't respect the squad's wishes. 

On 2019-12-26 at 7:56 AM, Gabranth2 said:

Some of crew member might not have the RJ and the chosen mission might not have an open squad to join them. Probably, then this should send them to Orbiter with known message of "no people play this mission try later or choose something else".

IMO, players without a railjack should not be allowed to be in railjack missions.  We had to work hard to earn our ships but these newbies who don't have a clue about railjack, much less warframe, have NO BUSINESS PLAYING CONTENT THEY ARE NOT READY FOR.  I'm honestly tired of DE allowing characters to be taxied to places they cannot access on their own.  We didn't have people handing us anything on a silver platter so why should they get for free what we worked for?

Navigation should be HOST ONLY.

Forge Refining should be HOST ONLY.  

Pilot seat should be optional to be HOST ONLY.  (YES PLEASE!!!!!!)   (As a pilot/gunner I do a pretty damn good job of taking out crewships but it requires I leave my pilot seat alot and some people will take over while im gone which usually is ok but there is always that one troll...)

Points of Interest should have DEATH LASERS that kill and boot anyone who trys to enter before all the fighters and crewships are dead lol.  (Yes loot is shared and Im all for time saving,  BUT these jerk off POI rushers drag enemies with them and screw up crewship spawns.)

• Like 1

On 2019-12-26 at 2:49 PM, (PS4)Unstar said:

Look, I just did a Railjack mission and it was fun, but afterwards I'm flying around looting and searching for the nice loot that's hidden in the rocks and wreckage, and someone always goes and starts a new mission.  I don't want this, my Railjack told me it doesn't want this either.  If they want a new mission, it's easy enough for them to leave and do one without dragging me with them.

Is there any way to prevent this?  Can I child-lock the navigation?  How do I loot the space rocks in peace?  Is my only option to do every Railjack mission solo just so some impatient Tenno can't prevent me from getting loot in my loot-shooter game?

I'm a bit salty, but I also understand that of course, everyone wants to get on with whatever part of the game they want to get on with.  They want to do another fight, I get it, and that's cool.  I just wish it wasn't so trivial for them to take me away from what I want.

After the console update I read a reply to a forum post where someone from DE confirmed that it is intentional for all players to be able to use the navigation menu after the mission is completed.

This stopped players feeling they were held captive after the mission completed as they would still not keep any loot and resources collected after the mission complete screen.

I personally find that the quick use of the navigation menu is more annoying when you are wanting to reload your payload for the next mission and then refine the remaining resources. Many, many times I have been in the middle of doing this process and another player takes us to the dojo. This is even more annoying when you have time to do a second anomaly run and have to wait until you get to the dojo, to then immediately select the anomaly mission again.

If you want to stay and collect more resources then I suggest you use recruit chat and advise other players of your intention to do this in your recruit chat post.

The only real answer to this "leaving" or "looting" debate is for railjack to have an individual leave squad button that allows the player to keep all loot collected up to the moment the leave squad button is selected.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

The thing most of the players don't realize is that if they abort mission AFTER mission completion, they don't lose anything gained during the missions! It's only the left behind floating loot that they would lose. For the love of Pete, give us the end-of-mission vote where each individual has the option to stay or go to drydock. I and many other like-minded people want control over our ships.

• Like 1

Was happend to me yestetday too and some one took off with my railjack as I was out there in the archwing farming. Then he selected another mission...

No one, except me as pilot and owner of the railjack should be able to fly my own railjack, or dials in another mission.

Edited by Nevaee

I don't get why there isn't the same voting system as there is throughout Warframe. If a rando wants to initiate a new mission, they should put up a vote. If the other players in the squad want to play, they can vote yey! 

Railjack feels a little disconnected to me as it doesn't keep the familiar systems yet has similar ones in place... The little diamond things - they're just mods but look different, why not just have mods?!

• Like 1

I was trying to get the Quest update the way it was intended before they changed it to be Easier for noobs(New Players), and while I was exploring the sentient ship, some random who joined after the grineer were gone and the sentients were half dead hit nav on me and another guy as soon as the mission ended before I could find and break the red crystal...

Randos should not be able to start Nav without a vote. The mission ends, they should just leave the squad.

The Nav console should only be instant for the Host.
Other players should only be able to vote for the next mission or dry dock.
Host should have the option to force other players out of the pilot seat
Impatient players should leave squad and take only the rewards they got and leave those who want to farm alone.
Host should be able to set certain things to Friends/Clan Only such as the Refine Resources, Forward Artillery, Flux Abilities, Seeker Shot or tactical manoeuvres.

We Shouldn't be forced to play Solo or have to Recruit others, players who don't want to stay can just leave and not force everyone to go with them.