Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any way to prevent my teammates from launching the Railjack post-mission?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

Look, I just did a Railjack mission and it was fun, but afterwards I'm flying around looting and searching for the nice loot that's hidden in the rocks and wreckage, and someone always goes and starts a new mission.  I don't want this, my Railjack told me it doesn't want this either.  If they want a new mission, it's easy enough for them to leave and do one without dragging me with them.

Is there any way to prevent this?  Can I child-lock the navigation?  How do I loot the space rocks in peace?  Is my only option to do every Railjack mission solo just so some impatient Tenno can't prevent me from getting loot in my loot-shooter game?

I'm a bit salty, but I also understand that of course, everyone wants to get on with whatever part of the game they want to get on with.  They want to do another fight, I get it, and that's cool.  I just wish it wasn't so trivial for them to take me away from what I want.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

Is my only option to do every Railjack mission solo just so some impatient Tenno can't prevent me from getting loot in my loot-shooter game?

Recruiting chat solves this. You’d be surprised how many people are up for a casual “loot everything” mission.

I don’t know if this feature is intentional or not. On PC release the host was the only one that could do this. Then everyone could for a while. I don’t know what stage it is now.

3 minutes ago, Srovy said:

They shouldn’t be able to change mission (outside of the dry dock) if you are the host

Hmmm...so maybe this is a bug?  I was definitely the host because it's my Railjack and they all loaded in mid-mission.  Then I got a notification in the middle of my screen that I needed to get back to the ship because it was leaving, and then when I didn't I was teleported back to it and it started warping through lightspeed. T^T

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

Hmmm...so maybe this is a bug?

Definitely. Only the host is supposed to be able to use the nav console, although after reading a couple of other posts it sounds like DE may have... updated... something.

Edited by Vejova
Yes

6 minutes ago, Vejova said:

Definitely. Only the host is supposed to be able to use the nav console, although after reading a couple of other posts it sounds like DE may have... updated... something.

There hasn't been any hotfix yet. 25.0.8 was the latest one in PC

I'm not experiencing this bug, but given that OP is a PS4 player, maybe this bug exists in the PS4 version?

41 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

I'm not experiencing this bug, but given that OP is a PS4 player, maybe this bug exists in the PS4 version?

I can confirm that this does happen sometimes on PS4. I had it happen the other day after my clan mate had launched my ship from the dry dock (I was host). At the end of the mission, one of the randoms was able to select the next mission, much to my surprise!

It's a bad situation either way. 

A) Only host gets to choose new mission
great, now host can keep everyone's rewards hostage until they finally decide to go to dry dock or start another mission.
Result: People will threaten host to waste resources

B) Everyone gets to choose mission
great, now people that want to actually get loot need to go solo or else they'll have 20 seconds to loot.
(see OP)

Bottom Line: Railjack Resource Economy wasn't thought of when they put 50 new resources in that need thousands to build stuff.

33 minutes ago, HowDenKing said:

great, now host can keep everyone's rewards hostage until they finally decide to go to dry dock or start another mission.

great, now people that want to actually get loot need to go solo or else they'll have 20 seconds to loot.
(see OP)

Bottom Line: Railjack Resource Economy wasn't thought of when they put 50 new resources in that need thousands to build stuff.

Why not implement individual leave squad like in open worlds and keep choice of mission to the host? It's his railjack.

3 hours ago, dreadgame said:

Why not implement individual leave squad like in open worlds and keep choice of mission to the host? It's his railjack.

Some of crew member might not have the RJ and the chosen mission might not have an open squad to join them. Probably, then this should send them to Orbiter with known message of "no people play this mission try later or choose something else".

9 hours ago, Vejova said:

What if host died completely and can't respawn? I had an issue when I was the only one live crew member of four, as a Client, and I wasn't able to use Navigation Console.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

If they want a new mission, it's easy enough for them to leave and do one without dragging me with them.

No, it isn’t.  Until you either start a new mission or head back to the Dry dock the only way anyone else can leave is by aborting the mission and losing their rewards.  If you want to farm, use recruiting or go solo.  Don’t expect everyone else to cater to you in what sounds like PUGs.

7 hours ago, HowDenKing said:

(see OP)

thats not how railjack works, if u abort railjack after the resaults screen of a mission, u have allready had ur accout updated to save he new rewards to it, its the rewards afte the mission ur not keeping

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

thats not how railjack works, if u abort a mission after the resaults screen, u have allready had ur accout updated to save he new rewards to it, its the rewards afte the mission ur not keeping

I got only one thing to tell you: learn to read properly.  

10 minutes ago, HowDenKing said:

I got only one thing to tell you: learn to read properly.  

what did i read improperly?

if ur talking about the resources u gathered AFTER the mission...

also y r u responding to me responding to someone els if, what i was responding to, was on topic, and then telling me i was off topic by not sticking to the point of the op?

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

pretty much what i seen is the host is suppose to be the only one who is able to pick another mission or return to dry dock but sometimes i see the prompt show up an i check an it works for me till host enters the rj nav console an i still get prompt but doesnt work.

while squad members while in the dry dock are still able to pick missions an launch the time even if host is say trying to restock or just wanting to replace something on the ship

23 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

what did i read improperly?

if ur talking about the resources u gathered AFTER the mission...

also y r u responding to me responding to someone els if, what i was responding to, was on topic, and then telling me i was off topic by not sticking to the point of the op?

- What did you read improperly? everything.
- I'm not, OP is not, I don't think anyone is - this post is about who can start a new mission, and why it's S#&$ for either party in both cases (host/client) if anyone or only one can choose a new mission.
- why I'm responding to you? again, learn to read, you quoted me first, with complete nonsense & irrelevancy, to which I told to you to learn to read.

Lock down, can't use navigation while hosting player is idling, AFK, or the early PC days of host migration bugs.

Abort mission == lose nearly everything.
Empyrean Railjack is missing an option for clients to individually extract with all rewards. With no more enemies, it should be safe for other player's orbiters to fly in for individual extraction, right?

If individual solo extraction options for clients that joined, then I will be fine with locking down navigation to only the Railjack owner / host.

1 hour ago, HowDenKing said:

- What did you read improperly? everything.
- I'm not, OP is not, I don't think anyone is - this post is about who can start a new mission, and why it's S#&$ for either party in both cases (host/client) if anyone or only one can choose a new mission.
- why I'm responding to you? again, learn to read, you quoted me first, with complete nonsense & irrelevancy, to which I told to you to learn to read.

Because in every other mode every other player can pick the mission, if it's not intended then it's not intended, my response was that u don't lose rewards if u leave if the mission is over if some how it's started, it's on topic lol

"it's easy enough for them to leave and do one without dragging me with them. "

No it is not.

If you are the host then other players CANNOT leave until the mission is completed or they loose all the mission rewards.

You are complaining about being forced to do something you dont want to do while at the same time forcing other people to do what they dont want to do.

Hypocritical much?

If you want to run around and loot the small amounts of resources floating in space then set your party to solo and go do free roam.

You can then spend all the time you want roaming around with no people bugging you and you wont be bugging anyone else.

3 hours ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

No it is not.

If you are the host then other players CANNOT leave until the mission is completed or they loose all the mission rewards.

You are complaining about being forced to do something you dont want to do while at the same time forcing other people to do what they dont want to do.

Hypocritical much?

If you want to run around and loot the small amounts of resources floating in space then set your party to solo and go do free roam.

You can then spend all the time you want roaming around with no people bugging you and you wont be bugging anyone else.

you don't lose ur rewards.... Unless they were gathered after the mission was over

There is a result screen after the battle for a reason...

On 2019-12-27 at 1:54 PM, SteelOverseer666 said:

No it is not.

Hypocritical much?

It's not about the "small amounts of resources ". It's really annoying having impatient jerks like you ending the mission and cheating the whole squad out of mods and parts that are still floating after the fight. Really annoying having NO control over who can access my navigation and pilot seat. Not fair to potentially be losing rare drops because some unwashed backside decides for the whole squad to dock up or start the next mission without even asking everyone if they want to stop or keep going. 

• Like 1