Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to combine identical mods?

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

I saw an older youtube video showing the presenter combining mods to end up with a single mod of that type at a higher level.   It was 2017, i think, and his screens were different from the current ones.  i tried it and didn't see a way to do it anymore.  Is there a way?

Also what's the downside of using a flawed mod if you don't have a non-flawed one?  Any lasting negative effects?

Northen_Rebal

3 answers to this question

You don't combine mods anymore.  Endo is used to level up mods now.  The same basic effect can be achieved by turning duplicates into endo, and leveling up the mod with endo.

Flawed mods are generally weaker both per rank and typically have a lower max rank.  For exampled, a flawed serration has 3 ranks, and is +10% damage per rank for a max of +40%.  Regular serration has 10 ranks at +15% damage per rank, for a max of +165% damage.  You will want to switch to a non-flawed version as soon as possible.  The low max ranks means you won't invest much endo into a flawed mod anyway, but they cap out really quickly.

For more information on anything else in the game, the wiki is the manual: https://warframe.fandom.com/

Are you refering to "mod transmutation" ( combining 4 mods into new one ) or "mod infusion" ( using existing mods as source of fussion energy / endo to upgrade existing mod ) ?

As for "flawed mods" they should be get rid of emidiatly as they are broken mods , no one should use those and they are new player trap .