Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Syndicates

DrakeWurrum

So... could we just get rid of the whole "allies" and "enemies" feature of the old Syndicates? Just let us be friends with all of them, and revamp who has what Augments so there aren't repeats.

It's more annoying than interesting. And hell, I helped out the New Loka with the Silver Grove, why are they trying to kill me?!

For that matter, after Chains of Harrow, it's shown that Palladino knows damn well the truth of what the Tenno are, so shouldn't Red Veil simply know better than to bother?

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

Red Veil is at least somewhat understandable in that CoH gave me the impression that a lot the group them had simply gone insane.  Generally, though, yeah.  It's just this weird disconnect where you can be utterly hated by some faction and still doing quests for them, buying Arbitration rewards from them, or hanging out in their secret base giving Riven Slivers to Palladino.

Edited by zuraja

Lorewise it's bizarre. I get the gameplay intent, which is to funnel people into the trade chat for archgun parts and augment mods, and I even like the idea that these factions are competing over what the future of the Origin System is going to be. Completing Titania's quest with New Loka to be immediately invaded by them on the next mission though - Amaryn, I really thought we'd come to understand each other, I was feeling a bond....

Edited by CopperBezel

On 2019-12-27 at 6:36 AM, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

The whole point is to facilitate trading between players, and that's a good thing. It gives everybody a way to make slow and steady plat. 

On 2019-12-27 at 4:13 AM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Being forced to trade for archweapons parts is what make it terribad to me, they are not even prime/vandal/wraith/prisma, just "normal" ones...

Yeah, the whole "trading" aspect of it? Makes no sense.

If you want to make slow and steady plat, there's the Prime market. But even then, you're better off playing the Riven market.

I ended up saying "screw it" and went through the hard work of actually switching factions months ago so that I could get all the weapon variants and Archguns from every faction. I haven't worked very hard at it, because I've been ignoring Syndicate missions week after week, but it all finally paid off. I got the last weapon. All I have left is New Perrin's Syandana and Captura scenes, and I haven't decided yet if I should go for 'em or not...

So far my thinking is "why not?" Afterwards, I'll switch back to my preferred factions.

On 2019-12-27 at 3:14 AM, zuraja said:

Red Veil is at least somewhat understandable in that CoH gave me the impression that a lot the group them had simply gone insane.  Generally, though, yeah.  It's just this weird disconnect where you can be utterly hated by some faction and still doing quests for them, buying Arbitration rewards from them, or hanging out in their secret base giving Riven Slivers to Palladino.

Right?! If the Arbiters want to kill me so bad, why am I allowed to enter their enclave and purchase stuff with the Vitus Essence they allowed me to have during one of their Arbitration tests?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

21 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I ended up saying "screw it" and went through the hard work of actually switching factions months ago so that I could get all the weapon variants and Archguns from every faction. I haven't worked very hard at it, because I've been ignoring Syndicate missions week after week, but it all finally paid off.

You could have simply traded away some Archwing weapon parts and augment mods, and then bought the parts you needed. You chose to take the hard way, so you can't really complain. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

You could have simply traded away some Archwing weapon parts and augment mods, and then bought the parts you needed. You chose to take the hard way, so you can't really complain. 

I know the choice I made. I'm just not sure why we even have to deal with the trade-off of one Syndicate over another. Lore-wise, it makes no sense. Game-wise, there's... no real benefit to it.

The "trading" aspect of it doesn't really add anything to the game that matters. You find someone who has the part you want, you have a part they want, trade and... done. 'Kay. That's it. Never talk again. Maybe you're in a big clan and it went smoother. Where's the gameplay again?

It's worth noting, as well, that lot's of players are done with Syndicates already and don't need parts like that, so finding someone to trade like that isn't necessarily easy. Either you give them a little plat, or they just give it to you out of pity because "oh, I remember working on the Syndicates."

If anything, they could have incentivized us to work on all 6 factions ourselves, which pushes us to play the game more instead of less. (which is partially the route I took. If I'd been doing my Syndicate missions I'd have been done with my method long ago, but I didn't care enough to actually work at it when there were other things I could collect)

Edited by DrakeWurrum

People do realise you arent forced to trade right?. For many doing syndicate missions and collecting medallions/marks/datum etc is actually fun and makes you explore the map. Just rank up syndicates which has the augments/parts you need. Oh thats right, some are impatient 😕 (probably why many do collecting in solo )

Edited by NigglesAU
Yes

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Lore-wise, it makes no sense.

None of Warframe's mechanics reflect the lore. 

Game-wise, there's... no real benefit to it.

Maybe if you hate easy plat. 

It's worth noting, as well, that lot's of players are done with Syndicates already and don't need parts like that

There's always just as many newer players who are nowhere close to being done with Syndicates.

2 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

People do realise you arent forced to trade right?. For many doing syndicate missions and collecting medallions/marks/datum etc is actually fun and makes you explore the map. Just rank up syndicates which has the augments/parts you need. Oh thats right, some are impatient 😕 (probably why many do collecting in solo )

Well that's what I'm saying. I did it without trading.

And I feel like dealing with the whole... "these syndicates hate me now" thing just adds nothing serious to the game.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Maybe if you hate easy plat. 

Meanwhile, it's still fully possible to trade other players for parts from other Syndicates without the idea of having negative reputation, if you happen to want to skip the extra work to level up multiple Syndicates.

Having Syndicates "hate" you because you're helping a different faction who they somehow are opposed to isn't a requirement for players trading Syndicate rewards. Even though they ALL have enclaves in the relay, and can thus clearly share a space station, apparently they can't stand the existence of each other.

So, again, having a trade-off system where one syndicate likes and another doesn't adds nothing to the game.

Edited by DrakeWurrum