Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Paralyze needs to be Fixed

Dragonofdarkness13

Valkyr is my main frame, I've been running her since I got her in 2014... I'm saying this as a lead in because I know I'll get comments like "oh you don't know how to use her".

So Valkyr's Paralyze is Supposed to work by casting it , the wave hitting an enemy and stunning them in a wobble, opening them to finishers.
How it is currently working... spam the move and hope it stuns the enemy. It has Zero Priority, Heavy Unit slams ignore it and they seem to be able to use it to cancel the stun while they are in it if you get in range to use the finisher. If an enemy is under the effect of Any other CC Paralyze does nothing ... like Mesa's Shooting Gallery.
The augment for paralyze doesn't seem to properly open enemies to finishers, standing or ground.
I don't know why Excal's Blind, Inaro's Sand, Ash's Fatal Teleport , they all work fine yet Valkyr's similar ability is broken...
Paralyze doesn't need 'improvement' or rework but it does need to be fixed so it's not a dice roll on if it'll work or not when you need it to.

2 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Valkyr is my main frame, I've been running her since I got her in 2014... I'm saying this as a lead in because I know I'll get comments like "oh you don't know how to use her".

So Valkyr's Paralyze is Supposed to work by casting it , the wave hitting an enemy and stunning them in a wobble, opening them to finishers.
How it is currently working... spam the move and hope it stuns the enemy.

Its animation does need to be fixed to better rep the aoe, but you dont need to spam it.

It has Zero Priority, Heavy Unit slams ignore it and they seem to be able to use it to cancel the stun while they are in it if you get in range to use the finisher.

All abilities that dont pause enemy animations or apply ragdoll are overwritten by enemy ability and recovery animations.

If an enemy is under the effect of Any other CC Paralyze does nothing ... like Mesa's Shooting Gallery.

Because stuns dont stack and sadly the finisher opening is locked to the stun.

The augment for paralyze doesn't seem to properly open enemies to finishers, standing or ground.

Melee 3.0 issue for ground finishers, attack speed helps but that is a general bug.

I don't know why Excal's Blind, Inaro's Sand, Ash's Fatal Teleport , they all work fine yet Valkyr's similar ability is broken...

They all suffer the same issues except for the ground finisher problem.

Paralyze doesn't need 'improvement' or rework but it does need to be fixed so it's not a dice roll on if it'll work or not when you need it to.

ALL abilities need to have the fix that the last strongest effect gets applied/overwrites weaker ones (and overwite enemy ability casts and recovery animations from things like ragdolled state).

Just now, Andele3025 said:

Melee 3.0 issue for ground finishers, attack speed helps but that is a general bug.

Oh, that's interesting.  That explains a lot.   You know of any bug report threads or other info on it?

On 2019-12-30 at 6:07 AM, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Valkyr

You are 100% correct. This was brought up a number of times, I remember making a post myself more than a year ago.

It will never change. The broken things just keep piling up. The broken melee got tossed onto the pile, then the broken Railjack on top of that.