The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did they make executions harder?

(XBOX)MemeulesRift

Ok I don't know if this is a problem to ps4 or PC or anything else, but on Xbox before the latest melee update to executions where B the same as the base melee attack. This made things much easier and smooth, however, they changed it to the action button. This makes executions harder because you may not even notice that you could stealth or Mercy kill enemy's...this seems kinda dumb to me...and I don't know why DE would make it a Hassel, but I just wanted to get my opinion out...i mean who knows, they may fix it.

P.s 

I put this in A.A.U because I don't really know whare else to put this, if it goes somewhere else just let me know and I'll move it, thanks!

All finishers ( sleep / blind / stealth / mercy ) are tied to Action / Interact button on PC. I like the change because it was really disturbing that finishers interfered with melee combat.

I wouldn't mind a toggle option to switch finishers to melee or action buttons.

i prefer having Melee and Finisher prompt be separated, i can't accidentally do a Finisher anymore (well, Ground Finishers i still can but shrug)or accidentally Melee.

i would hope Keybinds are granular enough regardless of input device to make things work however one wants them to, but - i don't think Warframe is capable of that since it doesn't let Players double bind buttons even though that's something it should let you do. (which would let one put Melee&Finisher/interact back on one button if they actually wanted that, for example)

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

i prefer having Melee and Finisher prompt be separated, i can't accidentally do a Finisher anymore (well, Ground Finishers i still can but shrug)or accidentally Melee.
i would hope Keybinds are granular enough regardless of input device to make things work however one wants them to, but - i don't think Warframe is capable of that since it doesn't let Players double bind buttons even though that's something it should let you do.

Yeah, it would be nice to dubble bind it to B so I can actually get stealth kills...it's just harder for me now at least your ok with it lol

4 minutes ago, Jokie155 said:

I'm so very glad they made the change. Got utterly fed up with going in for a stealth finisher, only for the frame to smack the weapon against their back and ruin the stealth bonus for no reason.

I mean sure, I had that problem once or twice, but now say your using melee and a Mercy opportunity pops up....and because you didn't react with X in time and pressed B he dies and you don't get that extra energy!.....I just don't want to use the action button in combat really, it's just clunky to me....

17 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

All finishers ( sleep / blind / stealth / mercy ) are tied to Action / Interact button on PC. I like the change because it was really disturbing that finishers interfered with melee combat.

I wouldn't mind a toggle option to switch finishers to melee or action buttons.

Yeah, I personally liked it, it made combat more what's the word, "cinimatic?" To me... And it was just easier to me honestly. So at least being able to toggle it would be nice....

18 minutes ago, (XB1)johnnyawesom06 said:

I mean sure, I had that problem once or twice, but now say your using melee and a Mercy opportunity pops up....and because you didn't react with X in time and pressed B he dies and you don't get that extra energy!.....I just don't want to use the action button in combat really, it's just clunky to me....

As someone who uses an Xbox One controller to play Warframe on PC, I can say that it's not clunky at all.  Only a movement of my thumb from the B button one inch to the left to the X button.  

No more clunky than doing anything else using multiple buttons on a controller.  

I like the change for the exact reasons that @taiiat said.  I love being able to melee multiple sleeping enemies as Ivara without having to stealth kill each one separately.  

Xbox One Elite Controller on PC user for 4 years and counting.  😝 

7 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

As someone who uses an Xbox One controller to play Warframe on PC, I can say that it's not clunky at all.  Only a movement of my thumb from the B button one inch to the left to the X button.  

No more clunky than doing anything else using multiple buttons on a controller.  

I like the change for the exact reasons that @taiiat said.  I love being able to melee multiple sleeping enemies as Ivara without having to stealth kill each one separately.  

Xbox One Elite Controller on PC user for 4 years and counting.  😝 

Eh, If you like it that's nice and all...the big thing I would like it to at least be able to toggle it...I just don't like how I have to stop what I'm doing to get a execution it just seems clunky to me.

Edited by (XB1)johnnyawesom06

19 hours ago, Thural said:

Oh no, you have to press a different button to do a different action.  They changed it because people wanted a way to NOT perform a finisher, which can only hit one person, and instead swing their weapon normally.

I liked finishers...I mean its a cool animation and thanks to Mercy kills, have benefits...is spending a fraction of a second that big of a deal to the meta? I mean really though, you kill one guy for 0.3secs then up to of 5-9 guys before even the second passes...I just don't see it as a problem...

To be fair before Mercy kills, they were abit pointless

Edited by (XB1)johnnyawesom06