Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Difficulty

(PSN)Acme0_

So my brother and I have been playing Warframe now for approximately 7 years across two accounts. Our first account was a shared account between the both of us. Once we got our own PS4s we created new accounts and got the opportunity to play Warframe from the very beginning once again. We got the opportunity to farm back all our warframes, weapons and make better decisions with our platinum and such. We have each easily sunken in a total of 1400+ hours into Warframe.

Our suggestion is to improve all boss battles in the game by introducing a difficulty system to the boss nodes. In normal mode the boss battle would be the same as it is now. Players run in shoot the boss a couple times with the Tigris Prime and run to the extraction. As they extract they get a warframe part and any other possible rewards. In hard mode the boss will receive a 100% boost to health, armor, shields, damage and so on. The boss battle will also be introduced with a new mechanic of sorts. For example Captain Vor has his immunity phase as a basic mechanic. In hard mode he will go immune but also do tick damage to any players that are in the line of sight of him. Players must find cover so they don't die by this tick damage while also fighting of ads while waiting for his shield to go down. Killing a boss in hard mode will also grant the player a chance to get a second part for the corresponding warframe during the same mission and a increased chance at planet rare resource (orokin cells, neurodes etc.)

In hardcore/nightmare mode, which is the hardest mode available,  the boss will receive a 300% boost to everything. In this mode the boss won't necessarily receive new mechanic but instead the fights old mechanics will become more deadly or challenging. Doing the boss battle in this mode will confirm two warframe parts and grant a chance at a third from the same missions and in nightmare mode the player is confirmed a drop of the planets rare resource, but with a chance of the boss dropping more than just one of said resource. In the case of the rewards in both hard and nightmare mode there is a chance that all the parts you get can be the same just to make sure the grind is still there.

This isn't a very new concept to warframe, in-fact it already exists in warframe in the form of the tridolons. both the gantulyst and hydralyst are just re-skinned versions of the teralyst, but with extra mechanics that get increasingly challenging and more visually intimidating. Also killing the harder eidolons doesn't only yield more rewards but more importantly rarer rewards.

Visually I have to say I am loving the new boss health bars and I feel like bosses in Warframe could be more intimidating. This can be achieved by just making bosses bigger in size and explained as the queens infusing them with a lots of kuva or in the case or corpus units they are just big robots or such. The health bars too should be implied and/or improved for bosses such as Lephantis, Sargus Ruk, the Vor and Lech Kril tag team fight and the eidolons. This can also be done easily by dividing the health bar into segments and each segment represents a different part of the boss. For the Eidolon it would be the same except once the limbs go down the health bars becomes a normal health bar.

In the end I just want to say I really love this game and really want to see it improve. I know game developing is probably a lot harder than I can imagine and our suggestions might be harder to implement than I think. Thank you DE for your hard work and not giving up on this game.

The point of warframe part drops on planet bosses is for early game players to gain new warframes. Such players wouldn't have the capability of dealing with a 'hardcore' version of the boss fight due to not having enough dps/defense from essential mods. Thus, they'll farm the normal mode boss until they get all the parts then never touch the node again. Farming rare resources from bosses takes a backseat mid to late game when there are much more efficient options.

This 'hardcore' boss idea could be done for sortie assassinations, but by the time players are ready for sortie-level content no amount of stat inflating would make the boss 'difficult' in a meaningful way. Bullet sponges aren't difficult, they just take up more time.

• Like 2

And my 'reward' for fighting the bosses at a higher level is.... honestly outside of sorties I haven't fought any of the bosses once I have the weapon parts unless I wanted to help a clan mate get it done quicker (thinking things like jordas), hell if I don't enjoy a boss fight at sortie level (ambulas for example) I just don't bother doing the sortie.

As a higher level mr player there just isn't a reason for me to fight them and making them a higher level isn't going to change that. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

The new health bar is great! Also I love the Lich setup for the fact that we can usually one shot everything in the game even Eidolons means there should be a phase to figure out how to fight the next phase. When it comes to the Warframe community, without the proper rewards, no one will play it even if its great. Once the reward is collected, cross your fingers if anyone will ever play it again just because it was a great mission. For example, everyone loved the Umbra story but you wont see much going back to play the quest because they already have all the rewards from the quest. It will be the same with Raijack also.

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...