Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avionics Drop Chance

.LeiA._

Question

11 answers to this question

8 hours ago, --Brandt-- said:

I'm hoping so, but I have seen people claiming it does. Hopefully I can get void hole to drop before they change the mod. I want to experience the fun of it haha.

Given the main reason and location I've only ever seen Void Hole used, I highly doubt they'd be stupid enough to change it, though given how they handled the issue of people abandoning their massive ships for a tiny archwing, I could be entirely wrong. Only place I've seen it consistently used is in The Veil when people are speed farming to try to get a Vidar reactor. Use Void Hole to clump enemies, use some dumbfire missiles to clear them out quickly and efficiently, rinse and repeat. They don't need to fix void hole; they need to address the reason that people use it as much as they do. The combination of stat rng, the abysmal (and borderline laughable) drop rate, and the clogged drop tables makes Void Hole damn near a part of the meta for farming the Veil. They have essentially created an environment / situation where Void Hole excels above damn near everything else in terms of utility, which again, is why people use it as much as they do.

It's a similar situation to why Saryn is one of  the most used frames in the game; they've created a system where she's the most effective frame at dealing with armor, and massive amounts of enemies in general. She's extremely powerful in ESO because she's extremely effective at wiping the entire map in a couple of button presses, and people farm ESO for the rewards as well as leveling weapons. ESO also has entire levels that are nothing but Grineer enemies, and Saryn also excels at deleting armor, which scales infinitely.They introduuced Rivens into the game, which require Kuva to roll. Kuva can be farmed on the Kuva Fortress, Taveuni survival. Hordes of enemies, and damn near every single one of them are Grineer that have armor. They have created several environments where she absolutely shines above most other frames because of how effective her kit is, which is why she is one of the most played frames in the game, and the same is true for Void Hole in Railjack.

Jesus that was a wild tangent, but it does absolutely work, though a 0.1% drop chance only becomes a 0.2% drop chance for the rare avionics...like Void Hole. Personally I'm waiting to see how they handle this and just laugh as the price of this plummets on warframe market.

Edited by MrBolodenka

1 hour ago, (PS4)captainlag51 said:

speaking of void hole is it universal drop on any railjack mission or there one that stays to one in general for it to drop

It's dropped only from Exo outriders which are only on the Veil.

I cannot forget the moment when we got Void Hole and the whole team lost their mind, keeping saying "don't f*** this up" like a mantra :v

well yeah, Empyrean is still buggy as fook, anything could happen.

According to the official drop tables, avionics are classified under Mods and should be affected by Mod Drop Boosters.

Enemy Name Mod Drop Chance Chance
Exo Outrider 10.00% Ultra Rare (1.01%)

Meanwhile, Components like Reactors and Weapons are Items.

Elite Exo Outrider Blueprint/Item Drop Chance: 100.00%
  Zetki Apoc Mk Iii Uncommon (12.50%)

This assumes no crazy wacky unique coding on DE's part, and until we have direct confirmation from DE, it's really anyone's guess...but this is the most sound logic I've seen to support the claim that it does, as it lists Endo under the Mods category (which we all know IS affected by Mod Drop Chance Boosters).

Also, it does seem like the 10% rate is doubled to 20% in my ~12 hours since Baro showed up with the booster in the Veil missions I've run, but I have no hard data to back up that speculation.

Edited by Vaeldious

3 hours ago, MrBolodenka said:

The mod drop chance goes up to 20%, and the drop chance of Void Hole itself goes up to 2%

20% chance to drop mod and 1% chance the mod is "turned into" Void Hole. It is 2-instance probability. The booster only boosts the 1st instance though.