Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just let us buy Ephemera already.

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

39 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I never asked for RJ to be added, I don't know anyone that was asking for RJ to be added... that was on DE Steve.... hell if I had my way it wouldn't have been added....

Me neither, but here it is, so all we can do is to embrace it as another part of the game that "should" get constant development and ignore it if we don't like it but always respecting the players who do, no matter how small that playerbase is. Same applies for other stuff such as Infested Salvage, Defection, and  even for the "temporarily" removed trials and armistice for solar rail conflicts back when these were live.

45 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'd put RNG and shallow content as two different issues, we still have rng even with the best content in game.

Even the best content in the game is shallow enough to be completed semi afk after figuring out a decent setup for it.

49 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

But that's exactly what you're doing....

You're doing that based on a single event and a single player, i'm doing it based on what i've seen from many different players across reddit, the facebook group, here on the forums and on twitter during the last 5 years of the game's development. Can you see the difference now?

53 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You mean the universal medallions that DE explicitly said WOULD work on conclave prior to releasing them and then changing that after a conclave player having a hissy fit over it....

It was just a statement, it was not the first time DE goes back on one and you can be sure it won't be the last either. You can take "ephemeras will be obtained through some sort of achievement" as another example of DE going back on a statement.

57 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'll be completely open in saying I think DE does not have the resources to manage both a high quality pve (debatable at the moment) and high quality pvp so imo should focus on the more popular aspect of the game which is pve. 

I think they just need better management and hacve never said that DE should focus on Conclave. Pvp requires a lot less development than pve so that would be a fool move, the issue comes when it simply stops getting any development despite needing a really small amount of developer investment.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Hell DE brought out, temporarily, a game (the amazing eternals or whatever it was called) that was at it's core conclave with all the same fundamental issues unfixed and they stopped developing, bringing the staff back into the main group so they could focus on warframe

I've never seen any gameplay of that, but based on its description (hero shooter with cards) i wouldn't be surprised of it having an entirely different gameplay to wf. Still if those were fixed and the assets recycled into wf, why couldn't they also use that pvp and somehow merge it with warframe's?

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

No, shooting at others is fine (to be fair guns were pretty useless in those events).

Useless? In Snowday Showdown the snowballs could 2 hit kill an enemy and instakill on headshot; the bow used in Hearts & Arrows would instantly kill any enemy on hit; Quick Steel featured a modified nikana that would instantly kill an enemy on hit at the expense of getting the user locked in place for a brief moment and a hikou that would kill enemies on up to 4 hits with an alt fire that was a fan of 5 shurikens dealing slightly less damage each but enough to kill a target if all 5 hit it at once.

The modes were thought so that anyone willing to play could get kills in there regardless of skill or experience since it was possible to win through pure luck, but the average warframe player isn't used to rely on gunplay: "aiming is useless when i can mash 4 and nuke entire armies even without line of sight, so the weapons must be at fault if i can't score kills and the dude who flops around randomly like a lemur on crack is also killing others must be a troll who forgot my the definition of fun".

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

but there were some that were just there to troll players and make it as unenjoyable as possible. 

Still not sure about your definition of trolling then. Was it because some wanted to play the event as intended but somehow the RNG nature of matchmaking made us fall into those "peaceful lobbies" where players were win trading to exploit a flaw in the score system?

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

And there shouldn't be any grineer in a balanced pvp game mode....

You can balance gear all you want but you can't balance skill. At most DE could keep skilled players apart from newbies and even tough it would be the right thing to do, there should also be some encouragement for players to reach the top tiers or the system is just an exploitable mess. If a player felt lije grineer in the events and still does in a conclave match, you can be sure it's not because of the balance issues.

• Like 3

vor 4 Stunden schrieb LSG501:

And there shouldn't be any grineer in a balanced pvp game mode....

But if someone doesn't know how to move he is basically a grineer for the others. Not even DE can do something against stupidity. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb LSG501:

No, shooting at others is fine (to be fair guns were pretty useless in those events), but there were some that were just there to troll players and make it as unenjoyable as possible.

Explain please how someone can troll in conclave.

Edited by ES-Flinter
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Me neither, but here it is, so all we can do is to embrace it as another part of the game that "should" get constant development and ignore it if we don't like it but always respecting the players who do, no matter how small that playerbase is. Same applies for other stuff such as Infested Salvage, Defection, and  even for the "temporarily" removed trials and armistice for solar rail conflicts back when these were live.

You can kind of understand things like defection being added, at it's core it's still us playing the same maps with the our warframes and just some minimal extra code for the defecting units...  same with disruption and even arbitrations and eso.  

I think they just need better management and hacve never said that DE should focus on Conclave. Pvp requires a lot less development than pve so that would be a fool move, the issue comes when it simply stops getting any development despite needing a really small amount of developer investment.

That's my point, DE is struggling to manage what they have now and part of that is trying to manage too many components to the game rather than focusing their development on the core game that brought everyone in originally.   I've said it for ages but I still feel that DE would have better served adding in more planets and nodes rather than open worlds which you basically abandon when finished. 

I've never seen any gameplay of that, but based on its description (hero shooter with cards) i wouldn't be surprised of it having an entirely different gameplay to wf. Still if those were fixed and the assets recycled into wf, why couldn't they also use that pvp and somehow merge it with warframe's?

I did actually get to play it and honestly my first thoughts of the actual gameplay after playing it was... this literally feels like they've just reskinned conclave and stopped the jumping players (it basically removed the warframe mobility).  It had major balance issues between characters, which seems to be a common theme with DE, that they never really got on top of imo.  It did have some nice character designs etc though....

Useless? In Snowday Showdown the snowballs could 2 hit kill an enemy and instakill on headshot; the bow used in Hearts & Arrows would instantly kill any enemy on hit; Quick Steel featured a modified nikana that would instantly kill an enemy on hit at the expense of getting the user locked in place for a brief moment and a hikou that would kill enemies on up to 4 hits with an alt fire that was a fan of 5 shurikens dealing slightly less damage each but enough to kill a target if all 5 hit it at once.

The modes were thought so that anyone willing to play could get kills in there regardless of skill or experience since it was possible to win through pure luck, but the average warframe player isn't used to rely on gunplay: "aiming is useless when i can mash 4 and nuke entire armies even without line of sight, so the weapons must be at fault if i can't score kills and the dude who flops around randomly like a lemur on crack is also killing others must be a troll who forgot my the definition of fun".

I obviously had a differing experience then.... because that's not what I remember but I'm not going to worry about it either way because at the end of the day the events didn't sit well with the majority or there would be more playing conclave....

Still not sure about your definition of trolling then. Was it because some wanted to play the event as intended but somehow the RNG nature of matchmaking made us fall into those "peaceful lobbies" where players were win trading to exploit a flaw in the score system?

You can balance gear all you want but you can't balance skill. At most DE could keep skilled players apart from newbies and even tough it would be the right thing to do, there should also be some encouragement for players to reach the top tiers or the system is just an exploitable mess. If a player felt lije grineer in the events and still does in a conclave match, you can be sure it's not because of the balance issues.

Yeah but DE aren't doing anything they need to do to make it inviting to 'new' conclave players.... no one starting out in conclave should feel like a grineer, they should at least feel like they stand a chance.