Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Is Better Than Supra

Wolfstorm18

I think that DE should let us test Dojo weapons before making them, maybe in a new room in the Dojo for aiming practice. 

Forma drops are already extremely rare (around 5% at T3 missions, according to my experience), and then you spend one to make a weapon that is literally broken. Already had a bad experience with the Dera and had to sold it, losing a Forma.

Supra dont hit anything, even near the target. Most of its shots are spread and lost. With the same mod the Gorgon kill the same target much more fast than Supra. Supra have travel-time and its recoil is bigger than that of the Gorgon.

Against bullet-sponge ancients, you can spend an entire Gorgon clip and he will not die yet, but will be hurt. With the Supra is even worse, because he will still be with most of its health intact.

If we compare to the Soma then, Supra turns to dust.

Supra is the most overrated weapon in this game. The trophy of the elitists who want to nerf everything and turn the fun of the game into work.

So thats my feedback over this horrible weapon.

Forma drops are already extremely rare (around 5% at T3 missions, according to my experience)

My guess is that you haven't played much T3 lately, or you've been cursed by the RNG God. The droprate of Forma blueprint is 37.94% ever since U10, on ANY T3. I'm sitting with 20+ Forma BP and I'm still building them due to how long it takes. I haven't played that many T3 either, compared to some.

That doesn't mean I disagree with the suggestion of letting us test weapons before we make/purchase them, especially if you have a dojo (an armory for example, which is often suggested and highly appreciated/asked by the community).

As a little note, you may want to change your misleading title that sounds like a fanboy/girl comparison, instead of giving feedback on a way to test weapons before purchase/building.

Edited by Casardis

Forma drops are already extremely rare (around 5% at T3 missions, according to my experience), and then you spend one to make a weapon that is literally broken. Already had a bad experience with the Dera and had to sold it, losing a Forma.

This.. This is the workings of RNG god. I've gotten about 5-6 forma from about 10 runs since the fix.

Supra seems fine to me. And what's wrong with Dera? 

Dera its not hitscan, it have travel time. So if the target is moving to left or right you have to guess where he is going, and since most targets in Warframe have erratic movement, is not a big deal to use the Dera.

Also the Dera dont allow to fire from side cover, the shots just go to the wall. You have to expose the whole body to shoot with it. I have also noticed this with the Supra, but not so much as the Dera. You still can get some cover with the Supra while shooting, but not so much as with the Gorgon or the Soma.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

LOL.

Supra should be turned hitscan to compete with the Gorgon.

If Formas bps werent so rare I wasnt making this topic.

Formas bps should drop from red lockers (those opened with the Master Thief mod), to compensate the loss of Formas in broken weapons. 

No offense, but if you can't adjust to a small amount of travel time, you have no rights to complain that the weapon is bad.

I have the right to give feedback over any weapon I use.

Every player have this right, this forum sub-section was made for this.

No offense, but if you can't adjust to a small amount of travel time, you have no rights to complain that the weapon is bad.

To be fair, Supra's travel time is a bit extreme, but not to the point where I think Gorgon is better. Past a certain range shooting targets that aren't moving straight toward you or standing completely still with the Supra is pointless unless you use Electric Shield, but that just means you have to use the Supra in Flux-Spectra range rather than trying to snipe with it.

To be fair, Supra's travel time is a bit extreme, but not to the point where I think Gorgon is better. Past a certain range shooting targets that aren't moving straight toward you or standing completely still with the Supra is pointless unless you use Electric Shield, but that just means you have to use the Supra in Flux-Spectra range rather than trying to snipe with it.

Sure, I'll give him that. But using any of these at any range beyond mid-range just shows how little understanding you have for the weapons. Neither Gorgon or Supra excels at long range. Gorgon might be viable a bit further than Supra, but they're both meant to shred enemies at mid-close range.

That said, I think I found it more ridiculous that he was complaining about the Dera's travel time (as opposed to Supra's, which like you said, is actually somewhat slow). Dera barely has any travel time. If he is having trouble aiming that... well...

Thats also happens with the Lanka, the target needs to be moving straight at you, if he moves right or left you have to guess where he is going, since they are very erratic.

But the case with Supra seems to be worse, I cant imagine a fix for it other than turning it completely hitscan. Also I have Volt and dont saw any difference shooting with Supra through Electric Shield, it seemed just a small bit of less spread, but not enough for me.

Sniping with it is impossible. I can shot small bursts with the Gorgon by a distance and hurt some target, but not with the Supra.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

Sniping with it is impossible. I can shot small bursts with the Gorgon by a distance and hurt some target, but not with the Supra.

Why are you sniping with what is essentially a "plasma chaingun"? o_O

That's totally not the way Supra is played. Of course you're going to have trouble hitting or killing anything if you want to snipe with a mid-close range weapon.

Dera its not hitscan, it have travel time. So if the target is moving to left or right you have to guess where he is going, and since most targets in Warframe have erratic movement, is not a big deal to use the Dera.

Also the Dera dont allow to fire from side cover, the shots just go to the wall. You have to expose the whole body to shoot with it. I have also noticed this with the Supra, but not so much as the Dera. You still can get some cover with the Supra while shooting, but not so much as with the Gorgon or the Soma.

You want hit scan? Play Volt -> press 3 -> shoot. Otherwise, learn to adjust or go back to Counter Strike.

Volt's Electric Shields limit all weapons range by double the range of Flux rifle. You cant shoot at anything after it. 

Yea...no. It's infinite range. Don't look at the spread or anything. Just point and shoot and it'll hit.

Yea...no. It's infinite range. Don't look at the spread or anything. Just point and shoot and it'll hit.

Its not. I tested it with Lanka, Vulkar, Braton, even tested with the Lex today. It dont hit even static containers. Past double the range of Flux laser it wont connect.

But I like Volt even with that, and have found a nice combo for him with Flux, Ignis and Strun. Unfortunatelly his ultimate is broken.

Its not. I tested it with Lanka, Vulkar, Braton, even tested with the Lex today. It dont hit even static containers. Past double the range of Flux laser it wont connect.

But I like Volt even with that, and have found a nice combo for him with Flux, Ignis and Strun. Unfortunatelly his ultimate is broken.

I've tested it as well and my results differ. And yes, it was more than double Flux rifle range 'cause I shot across an entire map tile. And I ain't talking about them small, tiny ones.

I've tested it as well and my results differ. And yes, it was more than double Flux rifle range 'cause I shot across an entire map tile. And I ain't talking about them small, tiny ones.

I used Lex at the dam today, shot behind the shield. Not a single target was affected at the other side of the dam.

Without the shield I was able to kill some there, but with it, its like the bullet have disintegrated in the middle of the way.

Other players have also noticed this.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

Tested it again. Turns out It does not have infinite range, however, it's a bit further than double the range of Flux rifle, therefore deceptively seeming "infinite" to me. Max range with the shield seems to be ~70m, which is more than double the range of Flux rifle (25m default). With that being said, ~70m hit scan is more than enough in any reasonable situation in this game. This ain't no Sniper Elite game.

Now back to Gorgon being "better than Supra. When it comes to hitting something afar, sure, since it's hit scan after all. But in terms of damage, nope. Not to mention, they're both machine guns. Who in their right mind would snipe with a machine gun? Frankly, if you're attempting to use either gun for long range, you're doing it wrong. If you're really THAT upset about travel time projectiles, just stick to hit scan weapons, or deal with it. I just wish you good luck in the event of a zombie apocalypse (or any apocalypse) 'cause ain't no such thing as hit scan IRL. Probably better off swinging a bat.

If only you had experienced what the Gorgon was like back in the day. Thing was a beast. Soma's basically a replica of that Gorgon, minus the high crit chance/crit damage/low base damage.

Also, Forma Blueprints = 37.94% drop chance in every T3 Void.

Now, the Forma fully crafted = 2.01% drop chance in every T3 Void.

So yea, Forma's rare, but not its blueprint.

Edited by Earz

Supra dont hit anything, even near the target. Most of its shots are spread and lost. With the same mod the Gorgon kill the same target much more fast than Supra. Supra have travel-time and its recoil is bigger than that of the Gorgon.

Against bullet-sponge ancients, you can spend an entire Gorgon clip and he will not die yet, but will be hurt. With the Supra is even worse, because he will still be with most of its health intact.

If we compare to the Soma then, Supra turns to dust.

Supra is the most overrated weapon in this game. The trophy of the elitists who want to nerf everything and turn the fun of the game into work.

So thats my feedback over this horrible weapon.

I've found about 25 forma's bps and 4 full formas during my farming of new stuff aka every third run has brought me a forma/forma's bp. Rare? 

Dera is actially laser based braton, so you haven't to wait something special from the 4th rank weapon. But it's still okay due to laser base damage.

Supra... well, if you're unable to shoot with projectiles - do not use them. Try flux or synapse. However, shooting with short bursts is easiest and most effective way to hit the target beyond the mid range. Tried it, works fine.

So reading your opinion about target, who's able to survive the full supra's magazine... well, seems like you've got some aiming issues. Try to use recoil compensator mod and some deflection to hit your target. And forget about long bursts, supra just doesn't work that way.