Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove mastery tests.

AvgJoe626

8 hours ago, Shalath said:

If it wasn't there you would just instantly retry and probably just do exactly the same thing over and over until you ragequit out of frustration or pass out of blind luck.

I think you are assuming too much there and have a self-defeating argument. What if the person tries again the next day and fail, try a day later and fail and gets really frustrated and quit? You dont think that's a risk? Wait is not making it any better, but just worse, why are you worried about your hypothetical frustration scenario but not the one I am telling I had?

I did not suggest them to be removed, just the time-delay to be removed,  but reading @AyinDygra's message, who clearly has tons of more experience, OP's point is valid, and all those who are trying to justify the status quo are ignoring that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xscori said:

I think you are assuming too much there and have a self-defeating argument. What if the person tries again the next day and fail, try a day later and fail and gets really frustrated and quit? You dont think that's a risk? Wait is not making it any better, but just worse, why are you worried about your hypothetical frustration scenario but not the one I am telling I had?

He is in fact correct. You'll find that out in the later MR tests. In many of them nuance, strategy, and skill are big parts to them. Many of them yes you could try to just brute force your way through and possibly succeed, but much of them will outright push you into the dirt for not knowing what you're doing.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-23 at 7:34 AM, Cortanis said:

He is in fact correct. You'll find that out in the later MR tests. In many of them nuance, strategy, and skill are big parts to them. Many of them yes you could try to just brute force your way through and possibly succeed, but much of them will outright push you into the dirt for not knowing what you're doing.

It sounds really weird to me that people feel it is OK to ignore voiced concerns and real frustration people are facing early in the game in favor of a future scenario that may or may not play out.

So, is that your rationale for 24hr wait. Why not 2 days, 1 week, 1 month? You know, the more you have to wait, it is more likely that you will practice and learn?

It's arbitrary and bad! People should be able to take the test whenever they feel they can pass, not based on some arbitrary cooldown. 

Edited by xscori
  • Like 1

On 2020-01-11 at 2:48 PM, AvgJoe626 said:

i started playing warframe with my destiny clan, we wanted a new game to grind out, so after playing several weeks myself and my clan love the game, however we will never play again, the mastery tests are a complete turn off from the game, i mean come on, im already playing and grinding now you want me to take a ridiculous test. give me a break, we ran polls during livestreams and over 1000 people agreed they all stopped because of the stupid tests. im sure if kept the poll going we wouldve gotten alot more people to agree. i know im not the first to bring this up, i know the devs will never see this and im sure they dont care, but you could get thousands of players who love this kind of game but the tests will turn them away..

The mastery tests are there to keep players from skipping ahead instead of actively playing the game.

On 2020-01-12 at 9:28 AM, AvgJoe626 said:

because you people are the sheep. the tests are retarded. they wouldve been better off doing mission style level ups. the tests are not hard, they are stupid and annoying, give me actual game play not this crap... and yes several weeks. its called i have other more interesting games to play, so yeah its playing 1 game a couple hrs at a time.

You're calling us sheep, but you're the person complaining that the movie is horrible when you never actually started watching it, you just disliked the colour of the cinema lobby's carpet.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-24 at 7:52 AM, xscori said:

So, is that your rationale for 24hr wait. Why not 2 days, 1 week, 1 month? You know, the more you have to wait, it is more likely that you will practice and learn?

It's arbitrary and bad! People should be able to take the test whenever they feel they can pass, not based on some arbitrary cooldown. 

First off, you can practice the test as has already been stated. Many of the tests are still buggy and in fact pretty much require practice if only to try and think your way around the bugs. I myself have submitted a bug report and had to take the MR28 test 3 times just to try and deal with the bugs. The wait is literally there to try and force you to rethink your strategy as well as gate players from burning their way through all the ranks within a week or two thanks to just speed grinding through all the gear. It's literally part of the reason why we've repeatedly had nodes and pay styles destroyed by DE so that players can't pull far worse grinding antics off.

Edited by Cortanis
  • Like 1

So, besides MR9 and MR19 just need to be replaced or reworked I have issues with the practice round, it's not really practice. It's just a no consequence/no reward version of the test. It should be more like the Simulacrum, where the layout of the level is replicated with all the enemies in challenges, but you also have controls to reset the enemies and that you can choose to repeat the practice or a single aspect of the practice. It's highly inconvenient.

1 hour ago, Grave.Knight said:

So, besides MR9 and MR19 just need to be replaced or reworked I have issues with the practice round, it's not really practice. It's just a no consequence/no reward version of the test. It should be more like the Simulacrum, where the layout of the level is replicated with all the enemies in challenges, but you also have controls to reset the enemies and that you can choose to repeat the practice or a single aspect of the practice. It's highly inconvenient.

That's the thing... Not all the tests are about killing. Take the MR23 and MR26 tests for instance. They're about capturing moving points while dealing with enemies and especially the ones that have that god awful ripline. In no way shape or form do you actually need to kill even one target to do those tests. They're entirely irreverent. You just have to think your way around them.

The more ridiculous one at current would have to be the MR28 test. It's had bugs since it went live and currently it's got a particularly nasty bug in that the canisters you have to toss just poof out of existence when you throw them. It's not their timers or anything and it's a known bug since launch of it. The killing is almost entirely irreverent in the mission itself. They're all easily dealt with trash mobs that fold like a house of cards. The real problem and trick is the canisters. Their are a number of frames that can make the test easier in that respect, but it's basically 50% luck and you'll want to practice in the setting to try and get an idea on the fail rate of the bug so you can adjust your strategy accordingly.

• 3 years later...