Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove mastery tests.

AvgJoe626

i started playing warframe with my destiny clan, we wanted a new game to grind out, so after playing several weeks myself and my clan love the game, however we will never play again, the mastery tests are a complete turn off from the game, i mean come on, im already playing and grinding now you want me to take a ridiculous test. give me a break, we ran polls during livestreams and over 1000 people agreed they all stopped because of the stupid tests. im sure if kept the poll going we wouldve gotten alot more people to agree. i know im not the first to bring this up, i know the devs will never see this and im sure they dont care, but you could get thousands of players who love this kind of game but the tests will turn them away..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AvgJoe626 said:

but you could get thousands of players who love this kind of game but the tests will turn them away..

Where is your proof of this? You said you did a poll, but don't provide a link or any images to back up your claim.

10 minutes ago, AvgJoe626 said:

however we will never play again, the mastery tests are a complete turn off from the game, i mean come on, im already playing and grinding now you want me to take a ridiculous test

The tests are easy enough and tend to take less than 5 minutes. What is the problem?

• Like 2

While I agree the Mastery Rank tests are grindy and somewhat difficult, they don't indicate your skill or how long you've played. It only to shows how much of Warframe's content you've seen and experienced (from planets to how many Warframes, Weapons ect. you've fully ranked up to 30). That's all the Mastery Rank represents. I knew that from when I started playing which was a yr. and half ago. You're making a huge deal for nothing regarding the MR system.

Edited by QueenofYandxre
  • Like 4

So you ran a poll on your livestream that's full of people that watch you regularly and participate in your hivemind and a bunch of them probably agreed like sheep after being influenced by the fact you probably whined about it for 15 minutes before hastily throwing up a poll?

I see...

• Like 4

14 минут назад, AvgJoe626 сказал:

i started playing warframe with my destiny clan, we wanted a new game to grind out, so after playing several weeks myself and my clan love the game, however we will never play again, the mastery tests are a complete turn off from the game, i mean come on, im already playing and grinding now you want me to take a ridiculous test. give me a break, we ran polls during livestreams and over 1000 people agreed they all stopped because of the stupid tests. im sure if kept the poll going we wouldve gotten alot more people to agree. i know im not the first to bring this up, i know the devs will never see this and im sure they dont care, but you could get thousands of players who love this kind of game but the tests will turn them away..

Where the proof, Billy?

• Like 1

i'd rather that a pretty significant amount of the rest of the game was deleted instead, atleast Mastery Tests actually asks a tiny shred of something from the Player rather than just giving them stuff for free as the charity service that Warframe sets itself up as.

• Like 3

vor 20 Minuten schrieb AvgJoe626:

i started playing warframe with my destiny clan, we wanted a new game to grind out, so after playing several weeks myself and my clan love the game, 

You said you've been playing warframe for several weeks?
Well 16h of gameplay in several weeks isn't that much.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb AvgJoe626:

im already playing and grinding now you want me to take a ridiculous test. give me a break,

the test isn't the break
as i can see you're 7942 MasteryPoints away from your next mastery rank (MR5) 

I'm sorry I can't take you seriously

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Vanthenos:

as i can see you're 7942 MasteryPoints away from your next mastery rank (MR5) 

oh this isnt even about the MR9 test? well that's even weirder

to put this into perpective the MR tests OP has access to are:

the basic primary, secondary and melee test where you need to kill a certain amount of enemies in a time frame with the repective weapon

the mr 4 test that wants you to survive for one and a half minutes against lvl 12 infested, where you dont even need to kill anything

the mr 5 practice that has you hack 3 grineer consoles and 3 corpus consoles, IIRC you can even use ciphers for that so that test is even more of a joke 

• Like 1

The name "Mastery Rank" come from the fact you're mastering differents tools and weapons, so it make sense to have challenges that require your to actually master these tools in order to increase you Mastery Rank, right ?

To be honest, I would prefer a system where you get rid of the mastery points on each weapons and brings complexes challenges instead, that require you to own and use a large amount of gears to be completed easily, and once you do all of them, it unlock the mastery test.
This way, the mastery doesn't rely on grind, but more on your actual skills and comprehension of game mechanics and you don't need to craft hundreds of weapons you will never use.

But as you can see, people have different opinions about it and the current situation could be a great balance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AvgJoe626 said:

i started playing warframe with my destiny clan, (...)

200.gif

23 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

to put this into perpective the MR tests OP has access to are:

the basic primary, secondary and melee test where you need to kill a certain amount of enemies in a time frame with the repective weapon

the mr 4 test that wants you to survive for one and a half minutes against lvl 12 infested, where you dont even need to kill anything

the mr 5 practice that has you hack 3 grineer consoles and 3 corpus consoles, IIRC you can even use ciphers for that so that test is even more of a joke 

... Yep, those are indeed the tests for those MRs...

53 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Is this a joke ?

Probably! giphy.gif

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 2

In other words... You aren't skilled enough to practice, research and pass these simple tests. That it? 

Then well... I think the best approach for players such as yourself and your thousands-strong army of like-minded fellows to just drop Warframe. Be glad you found out early on, as not everyone is cut out for the Warframe grind.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

because you people are the sheep. the tests are terrible. they wouldve been better off doing mission style level ups. the tests are not hard, they are stupid and annoying, give me actual game play not this crap... and yes several weeks. its called i have other more interesting games to play, so yeah its playing 1 game a couple hrs at a time.

On 2020-01-11 at 10:28 PM, AvgJoe626 said:

-snip-

Could say the same with you and your twitch followers, claiming the tests should be removed yet not trying to understand why they're there. One of the reasons is that it bars us from gunning to the best thing, ignoring the other weapons that can be just as good. Using a "mission style level ups" with what we have currently would mean we could hit high levels in a day if not in a week, DE doesn't like it when we go through content in that speed.

• Like 1

I absolutely dare OP to show us his army of totally real people... just Begging to play this game,
who all collectively agree that Mastery Tests are crossing a fundamental line in the sand.

Whew. What a tangled little web you're weavin' there bub.

I'm sure they're totally super real people, OP. Super real, and all your friend personally, and you control all of them..
A flick of your noble wrist and you'd save our poor little sheepie lives.

For the sake of decorum, suffice to say I'm keeping the majority of my thoughts to myself.

Real talk: we ain't buyin' it.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

On 2020-01-11 at 10:28 PM, AvgJoe626 said:

because you people are the sheep. the tests are terrible

We have standards on Warframe, and the forums.

While we may not always succeed, we are tasked with respecting our fellow players.
And buddy, you're making it mighty hard to ingratiate ourselves to one another, right out of the gate.

If your crew acts just like you do, you can keep em.

• Like 1

Well kind of figured. Only people who want to figure things out will play Warframe. 99% of other games out there you just play as the story goes or its all the same, your level increase and you get stronger.

Not in Warframe!

You can be an MR28 and still don't know the mechanics of effective modding or builds to complete a task. This requires lots of research and testing on ones own behalf. If not, you wont get far in Warframe. Im telling you this from my person experience. I failed and left for a few year but finally decided to find out why Warframe was on the top 10 list of Steam for the longest time. Now I know why, It requires study and thinking to learn everything you can. This is why it only caters to those who want to be integrate themselves in a long study session on their days off work and school.

If anything I wish the test were harder. To say that one can accomplish this MR because you have the skills not just using weapons and frames.

Edited by kwlingo

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new player. I have not had any problems solving puzzles in game reaching jupiter yet I failed the last corpus one in MR5 and I was not prepared for that. the part that makes me unhappy most is the 24hr wait. Some may think, in the grand scheme of things when you are playing a game for hundreds of hours, 24hr wait does not matter, but "it is a turn off", so I agree with the OP in that aspect.

A word to people who are attacking OP.. If you like the system, more power to you. You passed, succeeded, congratulations. There is no reason for you to attack people who did not and got frustrated with it although this, unfortunately, happens almost in every gaming community. When you see a message like this, maybe you can think that 'well, that message is for devs, not for me to answer' and leave it there. Don't call the person liar, ask for proof, etc. etc. That's not how a great community is built, but that's how it is destroyed.

Nice joke........ it was seirous? ok then.... first of all we may need those mastery rank tests because as someone said earlier, there are people that are standing of the top of mastery but don't know a thing about the game mechanics so if there were no tests everybody will be rank 20-max and have >200 hrs played wich is..... alright? but that is not the case and the mastery rank is a visual guide that tells you that a player knows at least the basics and took his time to get there instead of just farm xp all the day to say ''oh another high number in my profile''.

hace 1 hora, xscori dijo:

A word to people who are attacking OP.. If you like the system, more power to you. You passed, succeeded, congratulations. There is no reason for you to attack people who did not and got frustrated with it although this, unfortunately, happens almost in every gaming community. When you see a message like this, maybe you can think that 'well, that message is for devs, not for me to answer' and leave it there. Don't call the person liar, ask for proof, etc. etc. That's not how a great community is built, but that's how it is destroyed.

Well.... I don't see any attack and this is how we create a great community by discussing and discarding things that aren't necessary, devs are no gods so they cannot awnser everything to everybody and worse than that, they cannot implement everything and remove after, then is where this kind of discussions enters, players have more or less an idea of the perfect game but since nothing can satisfy everybody they start to decide wich ideas will remain and then the devs will look at that and implement the best things for everybody (that is how it's supposed to be).

Warframe is a game that needs time and by that I mean a LOT of time, the mastery rank test are fine but yes, I agree that the time gate of 24hrs could be of 12hrs or less.

Aaaaand the op said he has more important games to play sooo, well, go play them, why waste time saying it? play the game you want.

First, I appreciate you taking time to put your thoughts forward. There were 2 main I was trying to make and you agree with one of them.

Again, I am not saying there should not be test, I am totally OK with them, and agree that it provides some clue to you when you are grouped with strangers. What I do not like is the 24hr wait. That's arbitrary. Let people retry until they master it and pass. I am coming from Destiny 2, where I had close to probably 800hrs or so. Would you rather turn the people off just b/c of these tests or have them play the game?

------

> Warframe is a game that needs time and by that I mean a LOT of time, the mastery rank test are fine but yes, I agree that the time gate of 24hrs could be of 12hrs or less.

> Aaaaand the op said he has more important games to play sooo, well, go play them, why waste time saying it? play the game you want.

-----

This second part, we disagree. I am not defending the wording, which seems to have offended some, but it's clearly the frustration talking there and I understand it b/c of the experience I had last night.  

6 hours ago, xscori said:

What I do not like is the 24hr wait. That's arbitrary.

The 24h wait is to force you to reconsider your strategy/equipment and think about doing some practice runs. If it wasn't there you would just instantly retry and probably just do exactly the same thing over and over until you ragequit out of frustration or pass out of blind luck.

Other than the fact you can practice the tests the other thing that the game doesn't tell you is that when you are ready to take the test any MR you gain is not actually lost and will be added to your rank after passing. You could easily fail the tests for months, then pass and immediately be eligible for the next test.

Edited by Shalath

Removing the 24hr wait between them is the least I'd do to change the Mastery Rank nonsense.

I'm MR23, and I don't think the Mastery Rank tests really tested anything relevant about the game. In the REAL game, you use SPY frames for stealthy missions, just for 1 instance. Tests with disappearing floors, or timed parkour gauntlets where you also have to shoot targets to maintain the timer... really? That's not mastering anything remotely like the real game's content. They might be considered personal challenges that one can impose upon themselves, but that's about as far as it goes. It's not Mastering the game of Warframe as I've seen in all my time playing.

At least without a wait, one could get into a "groove" "in the zone", or whathaveyou, that eventually, you'll just flow through a challenge. The way the tests are broken up when practicing with all the load in times and repeating "cinematic" intros just add to the tedium of retrying until you get it.

At no point do I feel any of the tests added to my Warframe experience or gave me an essential skill to take forward into the rest of the game. There's no "getting good" at Warframe involved with the mastery tests... it's "getting good" at ... mastery tests... and I fail to see how that's good for the game in general.

It reminds me a LOT of another game's idea of a "test" for advancing in their class system... I'm sure people on these forums would be familiar with it ... and it drove me out of that game. Happily, they're removing it from their 2nd campaign... so I'll give it another chance then. Not that that helps Warframe any, with its insistence on having these tests.

• Like 1