Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)coma-edge

Hildryn component grind sanity check

Question

I've been quite unlucky with Hildryn systems which never seems to drop. Is there any known issue after the recent updates which has skewed the exploiter drop rates? Anyone else who's going for Hildryn and experiencing something similar? Please let me know so I can decide on whether to keep repeating this nether sphincter of a fight.

10 answers to this question

On 2020-01-14 at 3:49 AM, (PS4)coma-edge said:

boss encounter is just unbearable

It's one of the good boss fights imo.Easy mechanics, not so much time for a run and great cinematics.I still do it from time to time and I've got all the things from it a months ago.

When Exploiter first dropped no one knew if it was going to be an event like Plague star or a timely rotating thing like it is now. (Since you need the Diluted Thermia to fight her and that's on a timely rotation of coming back and disappearing)

And I cannot tell you how many times in the span of that last week I farmed Hildryn and somehow got all parts, I'm telling you, just go at it slow since if I had this luck with more than 10 runs per day you can certainly get it.

I just hope you have more luck with normal Trinity if you haven't gotten her already, I have probably done over 50 Ambulas runs for that darn Chassis blueprint.

Hope this helped!

Plain old RNG.

4761781a59878d44d1f1926495570001.png

Attempts % chance getting 1
(or more)
1 22,56
10 92,24
20 99,39
30 99,95
40 99,99

Likely just plain old rng.  I got mine relatively quickly (think it was 6 complete runs, but that's ignoring when the doors didn't open) but some of my clan mates weren't so lucky.

Thank you guys for the replies. I'm at double the expected number of runs right now. Thinking of taking it slow from now on.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

Thank you guys for the replies. I'm at double the expected number of runs right now. Thinking of taking it slow from now on.

Always important to not burn yourself out (but sometimes much easier said than done). Do some other things you enjoy more, then maybe give Hildryn farming another go in a day or two.

Took me 8 I think. Went back a few months later for Toroids and got both ephemera in 3 runs. RNG is strange.

So I managed to get it on my 19th run. Never felt the need to vent about a blueprint grind, but this boss encounter is just unbearable. Anyway, I'm posting the following images for posterity. Never got the articula, but I doubt anyone would try farming it.

ll9YE9u.jpg

WnRqGFm.jpg

LlJceHJ.jpg

yosKGlA.jpg

19 runs both emphmera looks kinda lucky to me, despite what you want are only the parts.

Take your time and don't burn yourself out, eventually it's bound to drop. Just remember, for nekros it took me like 30 runs of lephantis to get the last part, much easier fight of course but the luck man.

Also maybe you'll get lucky and get an ephemera!