The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Campers Need To Go... _Now_

WeissKreuz

We need a kick option. Now. Day after day, I get pugs that run some where, and hide. Having the sentinal stop doing stuff after a minute is pointless. There are too many places to go where enemies never tread. It just makes my life harder. Please, for the love of god, let me kick these campers. It's ruining the experience.

Sounds cool the option that we can kick the afk players but i think that 5 min afk and an autokick would be better.

You can just have a macro program tap forward and backwards from time to time, its how people get around thee sentinal 'punishment' now. I'm tired of being rick rolled.

Edited by WeissKreuz

If someone camps AFKly I just expertly arrange a wormhole to teleport them into a mass of enemies.

Problem solved.

If you're Vauban, use bounce, Loki, switch teleport.

Alternatively if I see someone AFK camping I sometimes feel inclined to force the mission to fail, wait for them to come back and when they get angry I laugh at them and say "Maybe you should have helped, eh?"

I am not a subtle man.

Edited by Letter13

I wish I could make them die too, but, they are clever and I don't always run nova, or vauban, or a frame which I can move them with. More XP? The last thing I need is to try and run Outer Term Nightmare, and have some pug AFK.

Why run Outer Term with pugs? Cause I'm clearly a moron.

I wish I could make them die too, but, they are clever and I don't always run nova, or vauban, or a frame which I can move them with. More XP? The last thing I need is to try and run Outer Term Nightmare, and have some pug AFK.

Why run Outer Term with pugs? Cause I'm clearly a moron.

Why would u do outer term Nightmare? If yah want to farm nightmare mods to quicker mission then that, if you want to farm XP do mobile defense missions.

I'm usually quite active during runs, doing my share to get the team those precious XP points for their frames and gear.

Usually.

However, yesterday evening, I got into a MD with 3 other people on Cyath, two of them being Novas. Simply put, I didn't see the need to do anything as it was a veritable spam-fest from them both. Seriously, I didn't need to kill anything as even if I tried, it was already primed from one or the other Nova and one kill cleaned the map out.

So for the very first time, I hung back and crouched until the terminals and pods timers were cleared. It was disheartening and completely boring but hey, what else can you do when you're treated to a sci-fi lightshow?

Edited by Wiegraf

I don't see kicking being abused. The only way I see that happening, is when someone tells the host something they don't want to hear, then they throw a *@##$fit about it.

I've played dozens of games that feature a kick option (most notably, zOMG!, and everyone on Gaia Online I swear must be kids) but the kick option is rarely used. Again, only if the host hears something they don't want to hear is the only way I can see it being abused.

For example, say Bob is the host, and George is the one telling Bob things he doesn't want to hear.

George: Bob, quit camping. It's not fair to everyone else.

Bob: wut u say u cheeky C*** m8 i'll eff u up on me mum i swar -kick-

In a nutshell.

I would like to see it. I would recommend asking about it in the next livestream (which I hear is every Wednesday, but it doesn't seem to happen that often. Still, just show up at the next one and ask in the chat about one. Doesn't mean your question will get answered, but it's worth a shot. I think beyond that, you can only hope that someone who has the power to make this happen reads this thread, or if it's already in the works.

Vote kick can be abused.

After playing a lot of online games where Vote Kicking was "a thing", I gotta' say that the actual number of times I ever saw it being abused was minimal-to-none. It requires that everybody else except you is "in on it" when it's abused, as opposed to everybody just outright agreeing that you're AFK and useless to the team.

And even if it was abused, as long as the system is fair and still grants you all your resources, mods, ( and reward if you're kicked when the objective is finished ), then the few times it's ever abused won't really matter anyway.

Good outweighs the bad, I think.

I'm usually quite active during runs, doing my share to get the team those precious XP points for their frames and gear.

Usually.

However, yesterday evening, I got into a MD with 3 other people on Cyath, two of them being Novas. Simply put, I didn't see the need to do anything as it was a veritable spam-fest from them both. Seriously, I didn't need to kill anything as even if I tried, it was already primed from one or the other Nova and one kill cleaned the map out.

So for the very first time, I hung back and crouched until the terminals and pods timers were cleared. It was disheartening and completely boring but hey, what else can you do when you're treated to a sci-fi lightshow?

I know what you mean. I carry people in my nova all the time. But there is a difference. They don't even stand by the pod to revive me if I fall. They are half across the map, on top of a building, behind a crate, watching a movie.

After playing a lot of online games where Vote Kicking was "a thing", I gotta' say that the actual number of times I ever saw it being abused was minimal-to-none. It requires that everybody else except you is "in on it" when it's abused, as opposed to everybody just outright agreeing that you're AFK and useless to the team.

And even if it was abused, as long as the system is fair and still grants you all your resources, mods, ( and reward if you're kicked when the objective is finished ), then the few times it's ever abused won't really matter anyway.

Good outweighs the bad, I think.

In most games being vote kicked or otherwise booted it counts as a quit. If you quit in warframe you lose all progress.

So basically if I do a boss run and get a BP I could ask people to vote kick me or "force" the issue and then I get to keep everything I got for less effort than people who trek to the end.

1. Why would those people actually comply? Maybe if the entire group was your friends, but then why wouldn't they ask you to kick them instead?

2. How many times have you actually bit the dust on the way to extraction anyway?

3. Bosses generally don't require a very long trek after they're beaten anyway. It's literally like 10 seconds to extraction when you finish the assassination objective on Ilias, Phobos.

4. You'd get to keep your BP if you just suddenly went AFK and let the enemies kill you, anyway, which is something you can do in the game right now.

The sort of abuse you're hypothesizing is pretty pointless, and the only people it would hurt are the ones who control whether it happens in the first place. Sooooooooo..

Edited by TheResult

I don't think there is one. Vote kick can be abused. And if they implement AFK auto kicker from missions it better be based on something else than moving unlike sentinel AFK.

what if they implement a system that sees whether someone is typing or moving/clicking the mouse. like 15 minutes of inactivity equals kick and forced relog.

Who gives a S#&$, seriously. Play with people you know if it bothers you so much.

This is such a copout answer, though. Obviously the people complaining about AFK players give a S#&$. You already knew the answer to that question, it was really silly that you'd even ask it. And seriously, most people can't just play with people they know 24/7. I've got like 5 friends who I convinced to play this game, and they all have jobs and lives like I do-- they can't be on when I'm on and playing all the time. So when there's an Alert, or when I feel like farming resources, who am I playing with?

Most people have to play with randoms. Saying "play with people you know" is not a satisfying answer, because that's not how the majority of people play most of the time. And for those people, AFK players can be a problem.

Just because it doesn't happen to you all the time doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people. Come on, you play Warframe. You should realize by now that some people are just plain unlucky, and some people- like yourself- are just lucky. Just because you got RNG'd 3 Hammershots or Blazes in a row when you played Nightmare doesn't suddenly mean that everybody else must have those mods now, too.