Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking and Connectivity Issues (Jan 15)

[DE]Rebecca

My ticket is still opened. 

I backed up the game files and reinstalled which was hell to do as it kept deleting the files that i copied over. Eventually got it running and its doing the same thing again. its stuck at "CHECKING FOR NEW CONTENT".

PS4 player here.  A buddy and I play on the same network.  No problems previously.  Occasional errors about strict NAT, but it never caused issues. Since Jan15 we have been unable to join each other’s squads.  The error also stopped coming up.  Randomly it worked, but it only seems to work when the error is actually detected (and ignored). NAT has always and continues to be NAT type 2.  We have tried:

Changing ps4 to dedicated IP, changing our ports in game options to different ports, then forwarding ports in the router to those ports (as instructed by Warframe support notification).  Countless restarts, router checks, etc.  the internet is plenty fast to load us both, lag is usually not an issue.  The error doesn’t come up now, I can usually see his name in friends, and visa-versa.  But the error “cannot connect” or player is not online happens.

currently we work around this by loading simultaneously into a public (uncrowded) match.  We both load in, complete the mission, then hope the game doesn’t boot one of us, otherwise we have to start over.  As anyone that plays knows, this is painful bc of the inability to boot other players, afkers, people who try to force missions, etc.  inevitably we have to leave squad and start over.

I think I have tried everything in my power.  I will not switch to DMZ as that is unsecured.  Any help is appreciated.

thanks! Enjoy the game immensely!

Just a little update.. we FIXED the issue he was having, by adding a port forward to the router.
It was something I forgot to try in the original trouble shooting list.. but now that we have, the clan member is able to reliably login and invite/be invited and can be seen in the list of online players once again.

I don't know if you can do that for PS4, but it might be worth a shot, especially if you are encountering strict NAT errors. (We are on PC).

Port forwarding is exceedingly easy to do, and there is a site which is dedicated to helping on all kinds of routers and I used that to guide me through the clan mates one as the interface is unfamiliar to me.

I suspect that whatever DE changed to fix the match making issue, also prompted the need for port forwarding for certain users, when previously it wasn't necessary.

day 5 of South African PS4 players not being able to even start the game. already missed Baro because of this, so I'm hoping this issue (which seemingly has been ignored) gets resolved before Plague Star is over. at least I didn't buy any boosters before the connectivity problems started. RIP anyone who did

tried again just now, like 10hrs later at 1:15am, and I was finally able to get on. thanks a bunch DE. now I can farm them formas

Still having this issue after port forwarding my respective ports. Using the same network to play Warframe for over a year on my Switch, and the issue has persisted for almost two weeks now. Been using my phone's hotspot to work around the issue, but it is very much still a problem. "Analyze Network" reads "All systems nominal" and I work in IT, so I can verify that all ports are indeed forwarding info correctly and I can connect to every other aspect of the game

Is this still happening? I see reports in the PS4 section. All platforms? (https://forums.warframe.com/search/?&q=offline&type=forums_topic&nodes=26,194,1215,1221&search_and_or=and&start_after=1579199400&start_before=NaN&sortby=newest)

It might have affected me the day after as well. But I mostly solo, so when you ask for an invite on recruiting chat, the person just get a message saying your offline and they never respond - while you think that the squad is full and just move on.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)coma-edge said:

Is this still happening? I see reports in the PS4 section. All platforms? (https://forums.warframe.com/search/?&q=offline&type=forums_topic&nodes=26,194,1215,1221&search_and_or=and&start_after=1579199400&start_before=NaN&sortby=newest)

It might have affected me the day after as well. But I mostly solo, so when you ask for an invite on recruiting chat, the person just get a message saying your offline and they never respond - while you think that the squad is full and just move on.

There were some problems on PC EU servers like a hour or two ago (not sure about now),I've noticed that some things in dojo were not loading at all,scrapping had an delay and I got "Network not responding" error a few times,squad members got a host migration and it felt kinda laggy (it was RJ tho,so you never know in that gamemode 🙂 ).

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-01-30 at 4:09 PM, -FrutyX- said:

There were some problems on PC EU servers like a hour or two ago (not sure about now),I've noticed that some things in dojo were not loading at all,scrapping had an delay and I got "Network not responding" error a few times,squad members got a host migration and it felt kinda laggy (it was RJ tho,so you never know in that gamemode 🙂 ).

Is there any new status for this issue? I'm still having issues and have tried all above. My ticket has been open for 10 days and no suggestions have worked. Has anyone got any good advice from DE, or any updates. Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2020-01-16 at 3:41 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi Tenno!

We are detecting instances of Matchmaking and general Connectivity issues among Warframe players right now. We are working with our Network partners to diagnose and fix the issue. We will keep you posted!

Thanks for your patience.

EDIT: Our network partner identified a service impact that is causing outages for numerous clients, including us. We will keep you posted!

EDIT 2: Our network partner believes they have resolved the issue and we will monitor to confirm! 

EDIT 3: We believe we are now in the clearly completely - relog if you are still having issues.

Seems to be happening on PS4 again

After the Heart of D update I suddenly cant join open squads the loading promp would disapear but I still wont be in any squad, but when I pick a mission it would promp a Accept or Decline option as if I was in a group

Another problem is whenever I invite a friend they would be stuck into the loading promp and would have to RESTART the game everytime they try and join to my invite

Ive askes for a support and yet to recieve a response Im starting to not like playing anymore due to this and me playing solo all the time.

• 5 months later...

The only way I have to fix this problem right now is with VPN hope this problem get fixed soon cuz VPN can be a solution but still have other problems like chat market I have this problem from December 2020

best wishes for DE for to try to fix matchmaking 

I’m ershlabel and play Xbox series x

En 15/1/2020 a las 21:41, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Hi Tenno!

We are detecting instances of Matchmaking and general Connectivity issues among Warframe players right now. We are working with our Network partners to diagnose and fix the issue. We will keep you posted!

Thanks for your patience.

EDIT: Our network partner identified a service impact that is causing outages for numerous clients, including us. We will keep you posted!

EDIT 2: Our network partner believes they have resolved the issue and we will monitor to confirm! 

EDIT 3: We believe we are now in the clearly completely - relog if you are still having issues.

I still have matchamaking problem just with VPN I can enjoy squads and friends game hope this problem get fixed in the near future 🙏🏻
i play series x

Archived