Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR9 test rework required to stop losing players stuck on that

--K--Sharkfin

They must have reverted the detection changes since the last time this thread was around. I actually tried to get detected and couldn't. Good for DE because it was highly over tuned when those changes were active.

Since this topic keeps repeating even in game, the MR 9 test does not need a specific frame or weapon. Just go to practice mod an spend 5 to 10 minutes learning the enemy movement pattern. When you do the test it's the exact same. Also take your time taking out the enemies, what I mean is there is no need for style points or rushing through it since it is not timed.  Also MR is not everything in warframe, I have had this discussion in-game. You just need to reach a certain MR to access everything ingame, At that point it's your wish if you want to level up further or not. MR14 for all the normal weapons, MR15 for prime weapons (AK Lex) and MR16 for the highest mastery requirement for rivens. 

I do admit DE needs to change the intervals during failing a test and retaking it. Other than that, till MR 16 every test can be cheese with a warframe and weapon you already got.

4 hours ago, (XB1)M0RR0WD3R said:

Since this topic keeps repeating even in game, the MR 9 test does not need a specific frame or weapon. Just go to practice mod an spend 5 to 10 minutes learning the enemy movement pattern. When you do the test it's the exact same. Also take your time taking out the enemies, what I mean is there is no need for style points or rushing through it since it is not timed.  Also MR is not everything in warframe, I have had this discussion in-game. You just need to reach a certain MR to access everything ingame, At that point it's your wish if you want to level up further or not. MR14 for all the normal weapons, MR15 for prime weapons (AK Lex) and MR16 for the highest mastery requirement for rivens. 

I do admit DE needs to change the intervals during failing a test and retaking it. Other than that, till MR 16 every test can be cheese with a warframe and weapon you already got.

actually from my testing.. tests all the way upto 21, 21 being the highest, can be cheesed with unmodded starting gear (excalibur+skana).
the damage requirement for 22 is too high for no mods and starting gear...

it is even possible to win 22 with starting gear (excalibur+skana) and no mods, but it requires heavy attacking enemies off the map, it will take a lot of time with a lot of skill in evading and just becomes tedious. so not much point even considering that.

besides, if you dont have anything half decent by that rank, you havent been playing.

as for MR not being everything, you are right, however, the continuous forma needed for gear is the real reason some people want to get as high as they can, as soon as they can.
i was sitting on MR 20 Unlocked 19 July 2019, only recently went to MR 22 Unlocked 10 May, because i just didnt feel like going higher and the equipment slot purchases started to become too much vs the weapons i use, not to mention the build requirements.
i have 74 fully built weapons over 222,000 MR worth (some are kuva weapons), in my foundry and a whole lot more that i just dont feel like throwing a forma away for each one, just to extract MR.

all the tests i have come across have been relatively easy. there is no excuse for someone to complain.
as you said, people just need to spend more time practicing. even if you do fail, you try again the next day, until one day you pass it.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

• 1 year later...
On 2020-05-07 at 4:34 AM, 5p33dy_01 said:

here you go

I would dare you try this today, its garanteed not gonna work. The part in the video at 0:50 cannot be pulled off at all, or well, it can, you can still slice the enemy but you somehow still get detected and fail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-01-31 at 12:07 PM, Venompapa said:

I would dare you try this today, its garanteed not gonna work. The part in the video at 0:50 cannot be pulled off at all, or well, it can, you can still slice the enemy but you somehow still get detected and fail.

Challenge accepted!

The first video was more for people to follow something slow, but i ran through this one.

The AI for the enemies still has a delay of about 1sec before it triggers (Detected) and you fail the mission.

The reason for this delay (i assume) is the changes between the unalerted and alerted states (i could be wrong), if you kill them before or between states you will be ok.

If you want to succeed pretty much every time, you have 2 options, take it slow or run like your life depends on it, however, with both options, you should try and be stealthy by using obstructions where ever possible, you can even bullet jump into the sky and do a slam/heavy slam attack for AOE damage (heavy slam is better).

Here is a little something I got the idea to do a while back, but didnt get around to doing it until now.

Hope you enjoy yourself Tenno

Edited by 5p33dy_01
adding information
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

Challenge accepted!

The first video was more for people to follow something slow, but i ran through this one.

The AI for the enemies still has a delay of about 1sec before it triggers (Detected) and you fail the mission.

The reason for this delay (i assume) is the changes between the unalerted and alerted states (i could be wrong), if you kill them before or between states you will be ok.

If you want to succeed pretty much every time, you have 2 options, take it slow or run like your life depends on it, however, with both options, you should try and be stealthy by using obstructions where ever possible, you can even bullet jump into the sky and do a slam/heavy slam attack for AOE damage (heavy slam is better).

Here is a little something I got the idea to do a while back, but didnt get around to doing it until now.

Hope you enjoy yourself Tenno

Just wanted to pop in and say kudos 👍. Took the barest minimum in and still passed; if for whatever reason DE decided to force players into a specific build or make the test harder, I’m pretty sure you got it covered.

The airkick trick may not exactly be representative of the game outside the test 😋 but it can’t be denied that you know your stuff well enough to experiment like that, so fair play

edit: also, “Challenge accepted” is a great phrase to hear; I love dares and stuff

Edited by (NSW)Greybones