Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 136 Overview

[DE]Taylor

On 2020-01-18 at 12:32 PM, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yeah, I like the look, and the concept (although poor Vauban 😞 ) - the name just has a few issues. 

What about Ak Ana, the White Mother Goddess of old Turkish myth? She also exists in the lore of the nomads of Siberia (as their creator goddess) and Mongolia due to their shared histories. Ak Ana was a goddess of Water, Creation, and protection; with some influence on knowledge though that was mostly another god; so it could work into her engineering, building theme without being focused on being a fertility goddess like many of the others of the pantheon.

All I wanted was for them to confirm that cross save is a priority.  Rebecca had previously stated that this was something that they would be prioritizing if they weren't trying to push out Railjack, but it seems like this is no longer the case based on Steve's comments in the stream.  Seems like someone is working on it as a side project and they are still debating the benefits of enabling cross save/progress.  It baffles me to no end that development time was spent on Shawzins and Roombas, but cross saves appear to be an afterthought.  I hope I am proven wrong, but I don't believe that will happen, and yes I can appreciate the complexity of this task but it is certainly doable (e.g. Destiny).

On 2020-01-17 at 10:13 PM, TheGrimCorsair said:

Gotta agree with this.

Any perceived lack of lethality our foe possess has much more to do with the wide availability of *incredibly* powerful EHP boosters than it does anything enemies chuck at us. If you compare Banshee, arguably one of the squishiest frames in the game accounting for her defensive skills, and them compare to the opposite end of the spectrum like say, Nidus, you get a gulf in survivability where what is a surmountable-yet-deadly threat to Banshee in terms of damage is not even remotely in danger of threatening the health pool of Nidus (expecially a Nidus at 100 stacks and linked to an enemy and standing on their carpet) while the kind of damage that would at least give that very same Nidus pause evaporates Banshee without so much as vapors being left behind.

Seems all but a few want banshee to have more health and armor (especially DE).

Where other frames get survivability in spades, banshee is already dead waiting for you to catch up and be revived. And don't go no where near gas or you'll become a minigame to others filing their nails while getting your under funded carcass off the ground! Its sick within its self that this deficit is left in purgatory.

Archived