Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ready to Build should be a toggle.

RizzRustbolt

7 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

We already do. Do you not see the different 'tabs' that you can click on to filter out by 'category'? Or the fact there's a search bar on the upper left-hand portion of the foundry menu?
unknown.png

A toggle would let us filter out the individual tabs for items that are ready to build.

2 minutes ago, RizzRustbolt said:

A toggle would let us filter out the individual tabs for items that are ready to build.

I'm sort of surprised that it wasn't added to the sort by type drop down as you're implying.  Then again I'm not entirely sure whether it can be coded, given that we've gone this long without it.  

Edited by MBaldelli

31 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Again, why? We already have a tab, and its icon is rather noticeable.

It has a more pointy-haired management sort of appeal to have it split down further on the upper tabs so that you don't have to scroll through the warframes, the primaries, the secondaries, the melee, the fishing, the minerals and so on just to get to the cosmetics of necessities of the gear wheel.  

I can see it as a convenience, even if a long time player of the game and a person with prolific amounts of materials everything would still be shown as "Ready to Build".  

Edited by MBaldelli

48 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

It has a more pointy-haired management sort of appeal to have it split down further on the upper tabs so that you don't have to scroll through the warframes, the primaries, the secondaries, the melee, the fishing, the minerals and so on just to get to the cosmetics of necessities of the gear wheel.  

I can see it as a convenience, even if a long time player of the game and a person with prolific amounts of materials everything would still be shown as "Ready to Build".  

There's a search bar too

23 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

There's a search bar too

Oh, I know it exists.  I use it from the unfiltered menu and have been for the better part of 5 years.  You either are missing the point I'm trying to make about the aesthetic of having a Sort By: option for those a bit starved on the materials and having too many ready to builds listed for other things, or you're trying to get the last word, in which case. 

Yep, you won that.  

On 2020-01-18 at 2:52 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Again, why? We already have a tab, and its icon is rather noticeable

The ready to build tab is only useful for beginners. There are a lot of build to order items (3 sizes of pizza for energy, health, shields and ammo, 3 apothics, 4 dragon keys, 6-7 other mission keys, so many baits, lures, minerals, stacks of event specific leftovers, etc) that you have the resources for but don't want to spend those resources on that thing right now.

That's before you even get on to trading. That build tab is completely useless. I don't think I've viewed it for years.

On 2020-01-18 at 1:16 PM, RizzRustbolt said:

In the Foundry. So we can still sort by item type

So yeah, a build toggle filter would be a lot more useful than a dedicated tab.

However, that whole UI needs a complete ground-up rewrite, and not to the awful mousover-every-item accessibility nightmare they've used everywhere else.

On 2020-01-18 at 3:38 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

We already do. Do you not see the different 'tabs' that you can click on to filter out by 'category'? Or the fact there's a search bar on the upper left-hand portion of the foundry menu?
unknown.png

Lol, so funny