Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amazon/Twitch Prime

Ejnaer

Question

So I did the amazon prime thing a while ago for that orbiter golden cockpit decoration and unsubscribed the same day, I checked 5 times after (because I'm paranoid) whether it unsubscribed me or not, and in all cases it clearly said "you are not a prime member". Fast forward to today and 6 bucks were stolen from my bank account by amazon (which I demanded back). I went to Twitch settings to check every small letter and saw at the bottom of the 'links' tab that I'm connected to twitch prime but in the Twitch Prime tab it says I'm not a member...

So my question is, did the unlinking solve the thieving Amazon problem or will I have to pull out my microscope for more examinations?

3 answers to this question

Whatever happened I guess it's up to Amazon, honestly. However, just to be sure since I can't really use Amazon or Twitch Prime at all did you check if there's different setting for the subscription itself and the subscription renewal?

Sony (I.e. PS4) and its PS+ program can be very a very sly custard in that regard. As soon as I subscribe to the service they don't even tell me or give me a prompt to choose wether I want auto-renewal or not. If I forget it's active and the expiration time comes all I get is a neat -60€ surprise in my bank account. And then the ol' razzle dazzle of who's to blame ensues. Just thinking that sometimes companies can be very crafty.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Whatever happened I guess it's up to Amazon, honestly. However, just to be sure since I can't really use Amazon or Twitch Prime at all did you check if there's different setting for the subscription itself and the subscription renewal?

Sony (I.e. PS4) and its PS+ program can be very a very sly custard in that regard. As soon as I subscribe to the service they don't even tell me or give me a prompt to choose wether I want auto-renewal or not. If I forget it's active and the expiration time comes all I get is a neat -60€ surprise in my bank account. And then the ol' razzle dazzle of who's to blame ensues. Just thinking that sometimes companies can be very crafty.

Checked every tab in the settings, nothing had anything about a monthly subscription fee and everything related to Amazon Prime had me listed as a non-member.

This is an issue you will need to resolve with Amazon. We can't really help you with Amazon Prime account and billing related issues here.

Perhaps you violated one of the terms & conditions for the Amazon Prime free trial, which is what resulted in your being billed? Just a thought.