The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lockheed, the Cannon Warframe

-ODIN-SwoleChef

Health: 600(at max)

Armor: 400(at max)

Shields: 300(at max)

Energy: 225 (at max)

Sprint Speed: 1.10

Shellshock (passive): Enemies that stand close to Nitrous while his abilities are being used or survive being hit by one of his abilities suffer from shellshock, reducing accuracy by 65% and movement speed by 30% for 8 seconds. Unaffected by mods.

Ignition Ability 1 (25 energy): Create explosions from your hands to move in a given direction of 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 meters at 45 / 47 / 49 / 51 meters per second ( similar to Zephyr's 1). Holding this ability will charge the blasts and double the range you can travel per shot. Distance travelled is affected by power range and strength. Shellshock radius of 5 meters (unaffected by mods).

Napalm Augment: Each time the ability is cast, create a trail of fire dealing 100 / 200 / 300 damage per second with 50% / 75% / 100% status proc chance. Damage dealt is affected by power strength.

Warhead Ability 2 (50 energy): Using 1 arm, fire 1 explosive shot, dealing 500 / 750 / 1000 / 1250 damage with a travelling distance of 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 meters, with an AoE blast radius of 10 meters and 100% chance to proc blast damage. Damage and distance travelled is affected by power strength and range. Shellshock radius of 8 meters around Nitrous and the projectile upon explosion (unaffected by mods). 

Siege Augment: On ability cast, become immobile but able rotate and use both arms while firing shots, doubling the damage and explosion radius but also doubling the energy drain.

Blast Shield Ability 3 (75 energy): Create a energy field around you and allies in affinity range, providing 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% damage reduction and providing immunity to status effects for 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 seconds. Damage reduction is capped to 75% including mods and range is unaffected by mods. Duration is affected by mods. Shellshock radius of 5 meters (unaffected by mods).

Barrier Augment: Remove damage reduction but provide a 1000 / 1500 / 2000 health shield to you and allies instead. Health is affected by mods to a cap of 9000 health shield.

Armageddon Ability 4 (75 energy): Using 1 arm to charge up energy into 1 massive explosive blast, dealing 250 / 500 / 750 / 1000 damage in a 9 / 18 / 27 / 36 meter radius with a 100% chance to proc blast. Holding the ability will drain 10 energy per second, but increase the damage dealt by 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% per second for 10 seconds. Damage and range is affected by both power strength and range mods and energy drain is affected by power efficiency. Damage multiplier is unaffected by mods. Shellshock radius of 46 meters and will always be 10 meters more than the radius of the ability after mods.

Nuclear Augment: Remove channeling to give an added radiation effect of 500 / 750 / 1000 damage with a 30% / 40% / 50% status proc chance.

This is my first try at a concept, hope you all liked it. If there's anything you want me to look at, please let me know below or message me in game.

Edited by hugeblackdude
  • Like 1

Sounds like an interesting frame. I would just tweak the stats, as those could throw a wrench in the balancing. The base stats are bit higher than most frames, and the dmg would be way higher than even Nova and Gauss. The stats you're proposing would create a frame that could tank like Inaros while putting down AoE dmg like Gauss can.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Sounds like an interesting frame. I would just tweak the stats, as those could throw a wrench in the balancing. The base stats are bit higher than most frames, and the dmg would be way higher than even Nova and Gauss. The stats you're proposing would create a frame that could tank like Inaros while putting down AoE dmg like Gauss can.

aight cool thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it.

On 2020-01-22 at 11:20 AM, hugeblackdude said:

Health: 650(at max)

Health typically scales at a 3x rate from unranked to max meaning Nitrous would have ~216.67 at base. When making max stats always start with base then multiply by 3, this applies to health and shield (i.e. 150 at r0 = 150 x 3 = 450 at max). There are few exceptions to this such as Inaros (4x for health) and Hildryn (3.5x for shield).

Energy: 350 (at max)

This would imply Nitrous would have ~233.33 energy at rank 0 (if it scales like all other frames) granting him a pool of ~991 energy with a maxed primed flow. If you plan on keeping his fourth at a cost of 75 energy, having the new highest energy pool of all Warframes doesn't seem necessary (currently 200 unranked or 300 at max is the highest shared among multiple frames).

350 + 233.33 x (2.75 Primed Flow) = 991 (Nitrous w/ pFlow)       300 + 200 x (2.75 Primed Flow) = 850 (Volt w/ pFlow)

Shellshock (passive): Enemies that stand close to Frag while his abilities are being used or survive being hit by one of his abilities suffer from shellshock, reducing accuracy by 65% and movement speed by 30% for 15 seconds. Unaffected by mods.

If you truly intend for Nitrous to be a caster 15 seconds is not only way too strong but unnecessary. Something like 5 seconds would be more suitable for a passive.

Ability 1 (25 energy): Create explosions from your hands to move in a given direction of 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 meters at 45 / 47 / 49 / 51 meters per second ( similar to Zephyr's 1). Holding this ability will charge the blasts and double the range you can travel per shot. Distance travelled is affected by power range and strength. Shellshock radius of 5 meters (unaffected by mods).

I'm picturing Bakugo from My Hero Academia or Azula/Ozai from Avatar the Last Airbender. Feels like a mixture of a few abilities but it's different enough.

Ability 2 (50 energy): Using 1 arm, fire 1 explosive shot, dealing 500 / 750 / 1000 / 1250 damage with a travelling distance of 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 meters, with an AoE blast radius of 10 meters and 100% chance to proc blast damage. Damage and distance travelled is affected by power strength and range. Shellshock radius of 8 meters around Frag and the projectile upon explosion (unaffected by mods). 

I can see this being Balefire with a much larger AOE but much less damage which is fine.

Ability 3 (75 energy): Create a energy field around you and allies in a 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 meter radius, providing 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% damage reduction and providing immunity to status effects for 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 seconds. Damage reduction is capped to 50% including mods and range is unaffected by mods. Duration is affected by mods. Shellshock radius of 5 meters (unaffected by mods).

As little as 300 armour would equal the 50% damage resistance cap this ability provides. Arcane Guardian provides a 600 armour increase providing ~66% DR. I understand you don't want to cap at 90-95 arguably making the ability "OP" but 50% is far too low. The duration is high however that isn't a problem in it self (I would still reduce by >50%) but it does show how redundant the insane energy pool is. Why not just make range based off of affinity range or something, in any case 50 meters is way too high (may as well just make it map wide).

Ability 4 (75 energy): Using 1 arm to charge up energy into 1 massive explosive blast, dealing 250 / 500 / 750 / 1000 damage in a 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 meter radius. Holding the ability will drain 10 energy per second, but increase the damage dealt by x0.5 / x1 / x1.5 / x2 per second until you release the ability button or until you are out of energy. Holding this ability for too long will "break" Frag's arms, making him unable to use his abilities for 10 seconds. Damage and range is affected by both power strength and range mods and energy drain is affected by power efficiency. Damage multiplier and ability disable are both unaffected by mods. Shellshock radius of 50 meters and will always be 10 meters more than the radius of the ability after mods.

When you say x2 do you mean for it to scale exponentially? If not I'd just write it as +100% per second or the multiplier increases by 1x per second. There are tons of reasons why DE scrapped the full energy removal from Ember's rework and those most definitely apply to this 10 second ability cool down. Why not just cap it at 10 seconds or increase the drain over time and balance accordingly so capping wouldn't even be necessary? Whatever the replacement may be, implementing an ESO debuff into a frames kit doesn't seem like an effective way of managing damage output. Range is way too high.

Napalm Augment: Each time the ability is cast, create a trail of fire dealing 100 / 200 / 300 damage per second with 50% / 75% / 100% status proc chance. Damage dealt is affected by power strength.

Siege Augment: On ability cast, become immobile but able rotate and use both arms while firing shots, doubling the damage and explosion radius but also doubling the energy drain.

Blast Shield Augment: Remove damage reduction but provide a 1000 / 1500 / 2000 health shield to you and allies instead. Health is affected by mods to a cap of 9000 health shield.

Nuclear Augment: Remove channeling to give an added radiation effect of 500 / 750 / 1000 damage with a 30% / 40% / 50% status proc chance.

I'd name the abilities before the augments... unless those are the ability names?

Napalm - I also can't help but draw the comparison to Nezha. I still like it.

Siege - This ability on its own may merit the abnormally high energy pool but frames come before augments. Promotes a sentry play style which wouldn't fly with DE.

Blast Shield - This augment is good purely because of how weak the base ability is.

Nuclear - Assuming the status chance is affected by mods, nice. This is how more augments should work, actually augmenting the ability (in this case from damage to cc)

P.S. I see you frequently use high numbers for base stats like range or duration to later say they are not affected by mods. Just lower the base values and add the modding other wise the build variety becomes less diverse and less interesting.

Combustion/explosive theme sounds really cool and I like the abilities provided the stats get changed. Keep adding to it 🙂 

- Good Luck, Have Fun -

Edited by Be_Stupid

9 hours ago, Be_Stupid said:

Health typically scales at a 3x rate from unranked to max meaning Nitrous would have ~216.67 at base. When making max stats always start with base then multiply by 3, this applies to health and shield (i.e. 150 at r0 = 150 x 3 = 450 at max). There are few exceptions to this such as Inaros (4x for health) and Hildryn (3.5x for shield).

This would imply Nitrous would have ~233.33 energy at rank 0 (if it scales like all other frames) granting him a pool of ~991 energy with a maxed primed flow. If you plan on keeping his fourth at a cost of 75 energy, having the new highest energy pool of all Warframes doesn't seem necessary (currently 200 unranked or 300 at max is the highest shared among multiple frames).

350 + 233.33 x (2.75 Primed Flow) = 991 (Nitrous w/ pFlow)       300 + 200 x (2.75 Primed Flow) = 850 (Volt w/ pFlow)

If you truly intend for Nitrous to be a caster 15 seconds is not only way too strong but unnecessary. Something like 5 seconds would be more suitable for a passive.

I'm picturing Bakugo from My Hero Academia or Azula/Ozai from Avatar the Last Airbender. Feels like a mixture of a few abilities but it's different enough.

I can see this being Balefire with a much larger AOE but much less damage which is fine.

As little as 300 armour would equal the 50% damage resistance cap this ability provides. Arcane Guardian provides a 600 armour increase providing ~66% DR. I understand you don't want to cap at 90-95 arguably making the ability "OP" but 50% is far too low. The duration is high however that isn't a problem in it self (I would still reduce by >50%) but it does show how redundant the insane energy pool is. Why not just make range based off of affinity range or something, in any case 50 meters is way too high (may as well just make it map wide).

When you say x2 do you mean for it to scale exponentially? If not I'd just write it as +100% per second or the multiplier increases by 1x per second. There are tons of reasons why DE scrapped the full energy removal from Ember's rework and those most definitely apply to this 10 second ability cool down. Why not just cap it at 10 seconds or increase the drain over time and balance accordingly so capping wouldn't even be necessary? Whatever the replacement may be, implementing an ESO debuff into a frames kit doesn't seem like an effective way of managing damage output. Range is way too high.

I'd name the abilities before the augments... unless those are the ability names?

Napalm - I also can't help but draw the comparison to Nezha. I still like it.

Siege - This ability on its own may merit the abnormally high energy pool but frames come before augments. Promotes a sentry play style which wouldn't fly with DE.

Blast Shield - This augment is good purely because of how weak the base ability is.

Nuclear - Assuming the status chance is affected by mods, nice. This is how more augments should work, actually augmenting the ability (in this case from damage to cc)

P.S. I see you frequently use high numbers for base stats like range or duration to later say they are not affected by mods. Just lower the base values and add the modding other wise the build variety becomes less diverse and less interesting.

Combustion/explosive theme sounds really cool and I like the abilities provided the stats get changed. Keep adding to it 🙂 

- Good Luck, Have Fun -

sheesh ok wasn't expecting all this. it was my first time with a concept and I'm not sure how stat multipliers work with mods n whatnot so I'll change things up there. I was going for a tanky caster warframe and just put in what I thought looked right, but I do appreciate your input. also I only named the augments first because those names fit better as an augment name to me if that makes sense, if you got ideas for ability names let me know because I'm clueless right now. also for his 3, each ally gets an individual bubble surrounding them specifically, the range basically says how close they have to be for the buff but I'll change that too

Edited by hugeblackdude

Health: 600(at max)

Armor: 400(at max)

Shields: 300(at max)

Energy: 200 (at max)

Sprint Speed: 1.10

Shellshock (passive): Enemies that stand close to Nitrous while his abilities are being used or survive being hit by one of his abilities suffer from shellshock, reducing accuracy by 65% and movement speed by 30% for 8 seconds. Unaffected by mods.

Ability 1 (25 energy): Create explosions from your hands to move in a given direction of 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 meters at 45 / 47 / 49 / 51 meters per second ( similar to Zephyr's 1). Holding this ability will charge the blasts and double the range you can travel per shot. Distance travelled is affected by power range and strength. Shellshock radius of 5 meters (unaffected by mods).

Ability 2 (50 energy): Using 1 arm, fire 1 explosive shot, dealing 500 / 750 / 1000 / 1250 damage with a travelling distance of 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 meters, with an AoE blast radius of 10 meters and 100% chance to proc blast damage. Damage and distance travelled is affected by power strength and range. Shellshock radius of 8 meters around Nitrous and the projectile upon explosion (unaffected by mods). 

Ability 3 (75 energy): Create a energy field around you and allies in affinity range, providing 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% damage reduction and providing immunity to status effects for 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 seconds. Damage reduction is capped to 75% including mods and range is unaffected by mods. Duration is affected by mods. Shellshock radius of 5 meters (unaffected by mods).

Blast Shield Augment: Remove damage reduction but provide a 1000 / 1500 / 2000 health shield to you and allies instead. Health is affected by mods to a cap of 9000 health shield.

Ability 4 (75 energy): Using 1 arm to charge up energy into 1 massive explosive blast, dealing 250 / 500 / 750 / 1000 damage in a 9 / 18 / 27 / 36 meter radius. Holding the ability will drain 10 energy per second, but increase the damage dealt by 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% per second for 10 seconds. Damage and range is affected by both power strength and range mods and energy drain is affected by power efficiency. Damage multiplier is unaffected by mods. Shellshock radius of 46 meters and will always be 10 meters more than the radius of the ability after mods.

This is my first try at a concept, hope you all liked it. If there's anything you want me to look at, please let me know below or message me in game.

Okay for starters the stats are still a little off. The energy at max is 1.5x the rank 0 energy. In other words 200 would mean 133.33. So maybe instead the energy at rank 0 would 150 and 225 at max. 

Next for some reason when I saw “Combustion” it made me imagine a frame that can touch enemies and turn them into ticking time bombs that explode dealing damage to nearby enemies. Could be an ability that guarantees death regardless of how tough the enemy is. Duration could determine the radius, damage, and time. Such as the higher duration the longer before the combustion but the longer the enemy lasts, the more damage that builds up for when they eventually explode. So negative duration would contribute to fast combustions while longer duration and high power strength can contribute to the damage build up for other surrounding enemies. Only one enemy at a time to prevent spam and overkill. 

Other abilities could be like turning different things into death traps that explode or ignite when enemies make contact. Dealing blast damage or setting them on fire. 

Picturing an ability where he can buff up damage by adding like a blast element buff while turning bullets into explosive ammo. Launcher type weapons gain in increase in blast radius. Maybe even leave a burnt trail on the ground that damages enemies who step on it. Maybe even send them on a panic until they get off. Could be used to block off hallways and slow enemies down. 

His appearance in my brain for some reason looks like a grineer version of Firefly from DCU. But that’s sort of what I’m picturing. Kind of can’t turn it off. Basically looking like some high arsenal frame. That or looks kind of like Firebreak from Black Ops 3. 

Either way, would be slightly different frame. Kind of hard to think of abilities that aren’t too similar to another. At least without attracting negative people who always like to point out flaws but offer zero alternatives/suggestions. 

On 2020-01-25 at 3:50 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

His appearance in my brain for some reason looks like a grineer version of Firefly from DCU. But that’s sort of what I’m picturing. Kind of can’t turn it off. Basically looking like some high arsenal frame. That or looks kind of like Firebreak from Black Ops 3. 

actually I wanted to base his appearance off bakugo's arm cannons from mha with a neck cone thing that bomb squads have in real life. I'm not a good drawer so I cant do much with this idea though

Edited by hugeblackdude

• 1 month later...