Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Needs Some Buffing

RX-74

Increase it's damage from 40 to 45 and it's accuracy from 28.6 to 33.3 and also increse it's magazine capacity from 15 to 20 rounds.

The Latron (Prime) needs a critical stats buff more than anything else. The accuracy stat is calculated by multiplying the spread with the recoil, so increasing the stat isn't the best of ideas. No comment on the magazine capacity.

Latron is a mid range rifle that gives you an alternative between Sniper and Rifles. Even maxed with Split Chamber/Serration and crit build, it's not worth it that much in high levels. It was my first weapon after the Braton, and I still have it because I wasted 2 formas on it. It's the only weapon in its category and it's really bad. It's more a damage buff that it needs I think, while keeping it in the low-middle tier weapons.

Edited by matto

the best way to fix the Latron series for me:

change the zoom level back to the normal Rifle zoom amount.

the amount that series has makes it impossible for me to use those guns.

i had to put Latron Prime on my back when i levelled it, because i literally couldn't use it.

now i know why the game didn't give me the Reciever for so long. it knew i would hate it.

marksman weapons are even my specialty usually, but that zoom level is unusable. it's way too high, i can't see anything.

grakata does 9 dmg/bullet and has less accuracy. get over yourself

Umm, Grakata is a glorified Crit-Spamming SMG. Latron Prime is a Semi-Auto Designated Marksmen Rifle. Totally different purpose and play style here (not to mention fire rate).

Topic: Actually, Latron could use a slight buff to 50 damage per bullet (and the Latron Prime up to 55), which would put it slightly closer to Braton's DPS, while still behind enough to keep Braton's place as "the balanced automatic rifle"

The Latron (Prime) needs a critical stats buff more than anything else. The accuracy stat is calculated by multiplying the spread with the recoil, so increasing the stat isn't the best of ideas. No comment on the magazine capacity.

Well, if the Latrons damage gets buffed to 45 then the Primes damage should get buffed to 50.

Edited by RX-74

Umm, Grakata is a glorified Crit-Spamming SMG. Latron Prime is a Semi-Auto Designated Marksmen Rifle. Totally different purpose and play style here (not to mention fire rate).

Topic: Actually, Latron could use a slight buff to 50 damage per bullet (and the Latron Prime up to 55), which would put it slightly closer to Braton's DPS, while still behind enough to keep Braton's place as "the balanced automatic rifle"

Grakata doesn't crit as much as it use to.

5 damage? Even tho it scales i think it needs 60 damage and 65 for prime, and 20 crit chance, it sucks and its not the armor scaling, i had a friend who loved latron and latron prime, but then he got the normal paris, and he saw it can shoot with almaot the same rof and with so much more damage, and another friend started using the notmal braton in favour of the latron prime...

Latron is fine. Latron Prime isn't.

Pretty much this. The Prime is plain old bad, and its a pain to farm and assemble. I can get over the fact that they label the Latron as a cheap beginner tier weapon... but the Prime?

Or  accept it as the low-tier weapon it is, stop using it at "endgame" levels, say that we need a higher tier equivalent of a Latron.

Yeah, like maybe the Prime? We're long over the point where we can complain about Primes being better than normals. Both Primes and normals get overshadowed by the new weapons we get. By miles.

Latron is fine. Latron Prime isn't.

Latron is one of my favorite weapons in the game, with the right mods it can still work wonders even on level 90 Grineer (assuming you aim for the head), which is pretty good for a "Tier 1" weapon. I can't vouch for the Latron Prime since I'm still one component short for it, but the majority seems to agree the Prime needs a buff more, so I have to agree.

Watch DE buff neither one and release the Latron Wraith instead.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

The latron is at least usable as a beginner weapon (my first built gun too) but I don't think that's much of an excuse to say that it should just be totally unusable anywhere tougher than jupiter. You can level it up to 30 same as all the other guns, so why should it be bad at 30? If you are a good shot and can put every shot into the bad guys heads, you still have problems doing competitive damage. 

A damage boost would be a good place to start. 

If you're hitting mobs in the body with a latron you're doing it wrong. Seriously. The weapon's only use it quickly dishing out midrange headshots, or being able to do long range shots without much difficult. It's not meant to be spammed at anything that moves. 

Don't use it on infested either. One interesting thing about this game is that different enemies are better answered with different weapons. 

5 damage? Even tho it scales i think it needs 60 damage and 65 for prime, and 20 crit chance, it sucks and its not the armor scaling, i had a friend who loved latron and latron prime, but then he got the normal paris, and he saw it can shoot with almaot the same rof and with so much more damage,

5 damage is actually a big difference for Crit weapons.

personally, i find Latron and Latron Prime to be fine, they are effective, and using like 3 bullets to kill an enemy when your ammo pool is ~560 as opposed to ~80, feels fine. 

Latron Prime can crit 1/4 shots(without Multishot), which isn't too bad. if people really feel it needs a bit of a bump, increase the Crit Chance a bit. 13% IMO is perfect. with Point Strike, it would be 32.5% Crit Chance. just slightly under 1/3. 15% would be kind've a lot for a Marksman rifle, it would be at 37.5%, which is starting to approach Sniper Rifle territory. 

ultimately, remember you have almost 7 times the ammo with Latron and Latron Prime as you do any Sniping weapon. don't expect it to be a Sniper Rifle with an OP ammo pool - because a lot of people seem to wish it to be. 

due to the Crits both of these rifles have, your Base damage on many shots will be very high, meaning you will deal a lot more of those elemental damages. so what if enemy scaling lowers the effectiveness of the weapon? it's still a very fine weapon class even in upwards of lv100 enemies. 

My idea for Latron buffing is simple.

It should have the same subpar body shot damage, but it should have a higher headshot multiplier. IE, a new damage type, to be known as "Latron," damage. This would deal, say, 6X damage on headshots, and be able to shoot through Corpus box helms. In addition, it would deal double damage to light Infested, so as to be usable against them without using weak point shots.

Boom, it's now balanced and useful as a DMR.

I most definitely love my Latron. It was my first weapon back in closed beta, and i still like my Prime. But... really. We have much better weapons for every situation the game can throw at us. Not to mention the limited usability of the Latron (bad against swarms and only does okay damage on headshots).

We have both better dps weapons and better sniper weapons at our disposal. And then theres the Soma which is plain old broken when compared to older guns. The only thing the Latron has going for it is the ammo capacity... but is that really worth it?

We either need a major Latron Prime buff, or just a new battle rifle that can stand its ground against the current level of powercreep.