Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New curiosity

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

For the longest time, I've been resisting the usage of corrupted mods because I've been afraid of the stat penalty they give and the possible problems they'll cause for me. But curently, I am somewhat rethinking.

THat's why I wanna ask for some suggestions for builds. The frame doesn't really matter, but there are a few conditions:

The stat penalties should be compensated for, so no stat is <100
At least 3 of the frame's abilities should still be usable

I know this limits the amount of frames and builds, but that's all I feel comforable with for now. I can't promise I will make use of the builds, but at least, I wanna see what can be done.

Currently, I have 1 instance of each of the mods, except Narrow Minded.

(PS: my last post about that topic got removed and I don't know if that'll happen with this too)

19 answers to this question

dude you just posted this.

100 like 50 like 20 like any other its just a number, this game its pretty flexible, play with them see how you can accommodate them for your liking.

Most corrupted mods I dont even max becuase for my liking they work better at half of their total, that way I get a decent boost in the positive aspect while having a not so bad penalty in the affected stat.

Some even counter themselves.

I do really believe that you just wish to have someone to talk.

EDIT if you wish builds just ask form them, what warframe are you building and what you wish from him??

Edited by prodi1600

1 minute ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

For the longest time, I've been resisting the usage of corrupted mods because I've been afraid of the stat penalty they give and the possible problems they'll cause for me. But curently, I am somewhat rethinking.

THat's why I wanna ask for some suggestions for builds. The frame doesn't really matter, but there are a few conditions:

The stat penalties should be compensated for, so no stat is <100
At least 3 of the frame's abilities should still be usable

I know this limits the amount of frames and builds, but that's all I feel comforable with for now. I can't promise I will make use of the builds, but at least, I wanna see what can be done.

Currently, I have 1 instance of each of the mods, except Narrow Minded.

(PS: my last post about that topic got removed and I don't know if that'll happen with this too)

That's not how corrupted mods work. They're made for you to build for a specific strength of the warframe, and there is always a "dump stat" that gets lowered. Sometimes (like with Speedva, where you want low power strength) that's actually the "strength" of the build.
Basically your conditions reduce the effectiveness of the individual mods, BUT you can use them like you want at the expense of several forma and get a build that will be have higher stats overall than you can get without corrupted mods, just not as effective as if you specialize.

Here's an example of a build that meets your standards:

http://warframe-builder.com/s/095da9c4a2c67de9

vor 4 Minuten schrieb ReaverKane:

That's not how corrupted mods work.

I do know that they are not meant to work that way.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ReaverKane:

(like with Speedva, where you want low power strength

I usually run SlowVa, because I prefer to slow enemies down. And another thing about Nova, I don't think I'd gonna use her with corrupted mods because I like her wormhole, but in order to make her slow and the DR from her 1 better, I'd have to drop range, which would make the wormhole useless. Can't have all 3 things together with her.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb ReaverKane:

Basically your conditions reduce the effectiveness of the individual mods

I'm aware of this, but I don't really feel comfortable with low stats on frames.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb ReaverKane:

Here's an example of a build that meets your standards:

http://warframe-builder.com/s/095da9c4a2c67de9

Thank you

Ahh... Corrupted mods. Gaining a major stat increase at the cost of another.

It all depends on the frame and their abilities. Some frames may have very conflicting abilities that make it so it's difficult to focus on one stat over another. While other frames have abilities that have pretty good senergy and their abilities use alot of the same stats. Corrupted mods come into play once you get a good idea on how your frame functions, assuming your not using someone else's build and are building from scratch.

Usually my process on building in general is to level up a frame. During the leveling process I just use survival mods and try to leave ability stats alone. I want to get a good feel of the warframes abilities in its natural state. Once i've got a basic understanding of its abilities I then go through and really look at the abilities and see how mods such as intensify, continuity, and so on effect it. I use it in a positive state, meaning that all of my ability stats are greater than 100%, unless there is a glaring stat that does not get used. Now that I have a better understanding on its abilities and can feel how mods have affected said abilities, Ill determine if I want to invest with corrupted mods, shelf the frame for later tinkering, or If corrupted mods are even necessary. We would all prefer positive stats, but it may prevent you from reaching a frames potential.

Corrupted mods won't always be used, but can be very powerful when used correctly. As an example, my Wisp, I use blind rage which increases her power strength but consumes more energy. Wisps motes are permanent except when hit by a nullifier or if I happen to die. There is no reason to really recast them if i'm doing a defence or something. I have 300 energy and each flower cost less than 50 which happens to be perfect in that at max energy I can place all 6 flowers. Now sure, she has other abilities and the cost on them has gone up as well, but no so much that it's a burned. Wisp is not a frame that uses alot of energy all the time. I usually run energy syphon which ensures that I normally always have energy if I have to use breach surge or just cast flowers on the move. The point is I have sacrificed efficiency... I think my efficiency is at 45%, but It's not a problem at all.

Now not every frame has a stat that you can sink so low, but that's something you have to figure out for yourself. Corrupted mods are very powerful, but not always necessary. Powerful builds can be made without them entirely, it just depends on the frame an the abilities that it has.

Hope this helps, enjoy!

11 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I do know that they are not meant to work that way.

I usually run SlowVa, because I prefer to slow enemies down. And another thing about Nova, I don't think I'd gonna use her with corrupted mods because I like her wormhole, but in order to make her slow and the DR from her 1 better, I'd have to drop range, which would make the wormhole useless. Can't have all 3 things together with her.

I'm aware of this, but I don't really feel comfortable with low stats on frames.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I don't understand "I prefer using slowva," I personally prefer using whichever version of Nova is effective and useful for the task at hand. Like do you bring slowva to defenses because I would throttle your pet for something like that.

Like spicy said, Slowva is a debuff warframe meant to slow down and weaken the enemy, she's great on some bosses and stuff like Disruption to slow the carriers. But she's disadvantageous in many other situations, namely defenses, some survivals, and other modes where you want the enemy to come to you, or to go through phases faster.

Speedva is the opposite, she buffs the enemy, you'll want to use it mostly on defenses and farming survival runs, which are cases where you want the enemy to get to you faster. You'll usually pair it with a strong damage frame.

Both builds have their uses and both are better if you drop a stat to maximize their strengths.

As for low stats, that's a relative term. Something most gamers will tell you is that a Jack of all Trades build is usually the worst choice in most games. To be strong you have to specialize, since resources are finite. You might think that having 180 range and 190 strength is great, but if you maximize you can get to 280 range or 300+ strength. Basically your comfort zone is forcing you to have low stats where they matter.

Edited by ReaverKane

vor 35 Minuten schrieb prodi1600:

what warframe are you building and what you wish from him

I prefer warframes with a kit that can be seen as "well rounded", meaning all abilities have value and none is 'useless' (like Chroma's 1 and 4). Bonus if the frame is tanky.

Examples: Rhino (especially with Ironclad Charge), Nidus, Wukong or Valkyr (I could go without her 1 tho)

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (XB1)DarkForceLegend:

Usually my process on building in general is to level up a frame. During the leveling process I just use survival mods and try to leave ability stats alone. I want to get a good feel of the warframes abilities in its natural state. Once i've got a basic understanding of its abilities I then go through and really look at the abilities and see how mods such as intensify, continuity, and so on effect it. I use it in a positive state, meaning that all of my ability stats are greater than 100%, unless there is a glaring stat that does not get used. Now that I have a better understanding on its abilities and can feel how mods have affected said abilities, Ill determine if I want to invest with corrupted mods, shelf the frame for later tinkering, or If corrupted mods are even necessary. We would all prefer positive stats, but it may prevent you from reaching a frames potential.

My process isn't really that elaborate. I look at the abilities and which stats they are affected by. Then, I increase the ones that affect most of the abilities and leave the rest alone. Because my goal is to use as much of a frame's kit as possible.

I know that sounds strange for most players, especially min-maxers

19 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I prefer warframes with a kit that can be seen as "well rounded", meaning all abilities have value and none is 'useless' (like Chroma's 1 and 4). Bonus if the frame is tanky.

Examples: Rhino (especially with Ironclad Charge), Nidus, Wukong or Valkyr (I could go without her 1 tho)

Well I been playing with valkyr for some time now, for my experience her eternal war build its the most suited to my liking, Im ignoring her exalted claws.

I did put a umbral forma on her and currently use her in a umbral setting maxi out ability strengh but have about 40% range, but since ill be using only her 2 and occasionally her 4 that does not bother me at all.

vor 1 Minute schrieb prodi1600:

Well I been playing with valkyr for some time now, for my experience her eternal war build its the most suited to my liking, Im ignoring her exalted claws.

I did put a umbral forma on her and currently use her in a umbral setting maxi out ability strengh but have about 40% range, but since ill be using only her 2 and occasionally her 4 that does not bother me at all.

For me, it would be using her 2-4 and ignoring her 1.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb prodi1600:

Here its the buid in case it to your liking and they use corrupted mods.

https://overframe.gg/build/6709/valkyr-prime/umbral-hysterical-war/

You can modify the build to what makes you feel fine but the idea its having the most ability strength for her.

Thanks. Might a bit hard for me to replicate tho. But I can still look what to make of it.

• Like 1

Mind if I ask what your use for novas wormhole in anything other than plains or valis? 

Because when I'm running slova I have zero issue dropping her range for her 1. 

If you were running anti matter with the augment I could understand wanting range, I wouldn't run her 1 augment without cutting her range as low as you can go as you are just wasting energy due to recasting 1 to get your damage reduction back up. 

All I can suggest is trying the mods for yourself, if you run solo most of the time anyway you won't have an issue spamming seimeni for an hour or so trying to get an idea of what you could modify to accommodate them. 

Corrupt mods are not for EVERY build though, but rather for specific skill focus builds. 

And with primed mods you can negate some of the cuts severely in order to have a more balanced stat line.... If that's what's holding you back.. Though tbh it's not a big deal losing 20-35% of duration when the skills you use 80% of the time are power or range based 🤷‍♂️ (or vice versa). 

Its not a cool down focused game like wow used to be where every skill in rotation mattered. Just look at rhino, inaros and revenant... One skill wonders (the tanky Bois) for the majority of the player base. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb SerpentorPrime:

Mind if I ask what your use for novas wormhole in anything other than plains or valis? 

When I use her, it's mainly for interception. And there, I use it for juming between points. And to me, it's generally a good mobility tool for traversal and escape. With Narrow Minded, you get it down 17m as far as I know. THat's a distance, you can pretty much cover with a bullet jump.

Honestly, if I were to trash an ability on her, it would be her 2 because I never got it to work anyway and a decently modded weapon does the job much better.

Tho in general, I think of sidelining her in favor of Rhino - my main - Valkyr or Wukong.

Edited by (PS4)KyomaSatomi

14 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

When I use her, it's mainly for interception. And there, I use it for juming between points. And to me, it's generally a good mobility tool for traversal and escape. With Narrow Minded, you get it down 17m as far as I know. THat's a distance, you can pretty much cover with a bullet jump.

Honestly, if I were to trash an ability on her, it would be her 2 because I never got it to work anyway and a decently modded weapon does the job much better.

Tho in general, I think of sidelining her in favor of Rhino - my main - Valkyr or Wukong.

I hate interceptions 😁 unless I'm partied... But would use either slow boom nova (str and range, no 1) for chain reactions or... Low range speed with 1 for DR if I was to solo with nova. 

Neither would need wormhole tbh.

But that's just my playstyle. 

As for anti matter drop, if you run slova without her 4 Aug then you can get some pretty insane damage with it and the chain reaction from M prime. Just use a rapid fire gun like stradivar or dubba stubba. If you are against corpus then use the augment with range... They kill themselves 😁 (that's best with speed though). 

Rhino I play without augment tbh I can't stand the ironclad charge playstyle and use him for ironskin easy mode only 😂 with tactical stomp slows now and then... So probably not the best source of help there 😂

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SerpentorPrime:

Rhino I play without augment tbh I can't stand the ironclad charge playstyle and use him for ironskin easy mode only 😂 with tactical stomp slows now and then... So probably not the best source of help there 😂

I really like Rhino for facetanking. His augment really comes in handy for me. And an added bonus is that all his abilities are useful. None is throwaway.