The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh noes, the lich took my riven..

(XBOX)Tyreal2012

And I am happy about it! 

For a long time I've been doing the lichs casually but every time I've done anything they've taken 10% or whatever the value is off my stuff, great! But probably an unpopular opionion but I don't think it's enough. 

We are meant to hate our lichs. Currently they're just a mild irritation, I'd like to see them take MORE of your rewards up to 75% as they rank to level 5, give us a reason to hate them, to hunt them. 

Now, I'm not saying they are without issue, the Murmur grind is a bit much, but I realllly want a reason to hate and hunt them, sadly I don't think we will get it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bryuf said:

I like to pump my liches full of resources and loot by doing missions in their territories just because it's so satisfying once you kill/convert them and see those bucketloads of loot you get

Agreed, but I still think the amount they take isn't harsh enough, like the last lich I killed granted me a whole 20,000credits, even with dying to her 9 times in the process

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

Agreed, but I still think the amount they take isn't harsh enough, like the last lich I killed granted me a whole 20,000credits, even with dying to her 9 times in the process

I guess DE were trying to strike a balance, since some of the people going up against Liches are newer players, who don't have the stockpiles of literal millions of common resources, and thousands upon thousands of the rare ones, that veterans do who have been playing nearly non-stop for years. I guarantee if they started taking the majority of credits and resources - or ALL of them - you would see no end of complaints about it.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I guess DE were trying to strike a balance, since some of the people going up against Liches are newer players, who don't have the stockpiles of literal millions of common resources, and thousands upon thousands of the rare ones, that veterans do who have been playing nearly non-stop for years. I guarantee if they started taking the majority of credits and resources - or ALL of them - you would see no end of complaints about it.

A valid point, but credit wise I have circa 1.9m and I've been playing for 4 years, only ever had 6mil because of my RJ, but I still want a harshness.

Maybe liches should be MR locked like rivens, so they only spawn after a certain point, or the War Within quest so they do not affect lower level or newer players 

Just now, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

A valid point, but credit wise I have circa 1.9m and I've been playing for 4 years, only ever had 6mil because of my RJ, but I still want a harshness.

Maybe liches should be MR locked like rivens, so they only spawn after a certain point, or the War Within quest so they do not affect lower level or newer players 

They do only spawn after the war within  that's in game already.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

And I am happy about it! 

For a long time I've been doing the lichs casually but every time I've done anything they've taken 10% or whatever the value is off my stuff, great! But probably an unpopular opionion but I don't think it's enough. 

We are meant to hate our lichs. Currently they're just a mild irritation, I'd like to see them take MORE of your rewards up to 75% as they rank to level 5, give us a reason to hate them, to hunt them. 

Now, I'm not saying they are without issue, the Murmur grind is a bit much, but I realllly want a reason to hate and hunt them, sadly I don't think we will get it. 

I agree. The Litches are not threatening enough. They should be taking closer to 50% of your loot. 10% makes me not care. As for the new players crying, tough cookies. Welcome to endgame. Nothing is preventing them from farming resources.

I will never understand why people enjoy and applaud being irritated by a game.

Challenged? Sure I get that. But to applaud being irritated though petty things like resource/item theft just baffles me, it doesn't accomplish anything for the game itself.

Part of me thinks that people who are for this irritation are only so because it doesn't effect them and they take pleasure in the suffering of others, which is wholly unhealthy.

I think the lich system would also be more interesting if they actually gave it a passive aspect. It feels entirely disconnected when all you do is farm lich nodes endlessly.

why can’t liches appear in regular missions or send thrall assassin squads like every other syndicate we have? They are genuinely less threatening than stalker because as soon as you are over the red line they can’t touch you. 

On 2020-02-01 at 11:40 PM, Aldain said:

I will never understand why people enjoy and applaud being irritated by a game.

Challenged? Sure I get that. But to applaud being irritated though petty things like resource/item theft just baffles me, it doesn't accomplish anything for the game itself.

Part of me thinks that people who are for this irritation are only so because it doesn't effect them and they take pleasure in the suffering of others, which is wholly unhealthy.

I don't take pleasure in the suffering of others, after all i'm the one suffering (it has my damn riven lol). I don't get irritated by my lich, the only thing that irritates me is the actual murmur grind.

Currently you can pretty much outright ignore a lich, if you take Shadow of Mordor, every action you took against captains had an effect. We are meant to hate and be hunted by our lich, not this current half baked follow them till they spawn nonsense we have currently. Sphere of influence should spread with level.

They need to hunt us, not the other way around. 

I'm disappointed with the current implementation, but its gives us something to do until they 'fix' railjack, and hopefully phase 3 will actually be the lichs they showed at Tennocon.