Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Shedu could've been the first of it's kind.

Azrael_V

I recently acquired this weapon after hours of grind and I have to say I love it. I immediately potatoed it, added forma and took it through the Sorties for testing. It performed well. Unfortunately DE (in my humble opinion) could've added more depth to the weapon. How might you ask? By making it the first true Dual Weapon. Both a Primary and a Melee weapon. It takes up both slots with seperate builds. The weapon design screams of melee. Don't get me wrong as a Primary I love it. During levelling and general gameplay however I found myself unconsciously pressing the melee  button, half expecting my Warframe to use this as melee. Unfortunately it was not to be. Trade chat aside this weapon is hours of chore and a hidden quest to attain but having one weapon act as both primary and melee would make it worthwhile( much better than 5 forma weapons ). Plus it looks freakin badass. A Katar or Prata style.  I can't tell you which melee stances would work but the Gunblade Melee stances and some Claw stances look good. The nose and the texture material would have to be streamlined abit but thats negligible. I would rather prefer a totally new animation set based on a brand new weapon class but if not, hey its cool as long as I can wreck with weapon as a melee as well as a primary. Personally Sentient weapons should be a class in of itself making the attaining of such weapons more desirable. 

It would make it a three way Primary since it already works like a Secondary (usable when holding a Data Mass and when you get downed) but the only one to do that. I can see it performing as a Melee Weapon because of how Sentients Melee and shoot at you in different times but highly doubt it would actually happen.

4 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

It would make it a three way Primary since it already works like a Secondary (usable when holding a Data Mass and when you get downed) but the only one to do that. I can see it performing as a Melee Weapon because of how Sentients Melee and shoot at you in different times but highly doubt it would actually happen.

Hence why I said Sentient weapons should be more desirable and have something worthwhile to offer. In terms of the Shedu I never knew it performed well even as a Secondary. The First Tri-Class. Which makes sense since We and the Sentients are mortal enemies. 

I agree with this only if you decide to put it each slot, so you can choose to use it in all 3 slots but can run it only as primary or melee if you want.
Your idea is a little plus to the weapon but can rapidely become a huge downside when it comes to build diversity, especially since the weapon is not good or interesting enough to justify the said downside.

18 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I agree with this only if you decide to put it each slot, so you can choose to use it in all 3 slots but can run it only as primary or melee if you want.
Your idea is a little plus to the weapon but can rapidely become a huge downside when it comes to build diversity, especially since the weapon is not good or interesting enough to justify the said downside.

Of course. DE would have to balance accordingly but ultimately each player decides how they want to play and accept each pro and con. I'm not asking for 'One Weapon To Rule Them All' lol, but from what I've experienced is that this weapon would be great weapon as both a Primary and Melee. And it would add a new weapon's class with endless possibilities. 

• Like 1

Not really sure if I would have implemented it the way you suggested but it is definetly sad to see how.. plain the Shedu is. After all the grind you have to go through to get this thing its just an oddly shaped rocket launcher that recharges itself. Its stats are not outstanding either. Hell, syndicate weapons are more interesting than the Shedu.

On 2020-02-02 at 2:30 PM, Vespilan said:

Not really sure if I would have implemented it the way you suggested but it is definetly sad to see how.. plain the Shedu is. After all the grind you have to go through to get this thing its just an oddly shaped rocket launcher that recharges itself. Its stats are not outstanding either. Hell, syndicate weapons are more interesting than the Shedu.

I enjoy it but for all that effort it's missing something. My suggestion would at least make it interesting. And the same could be applied to future Sentient quest weapons.