Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should be a weekly mission to unveil Rivens.

Neumeier

Just like how there's a weekly mission to help Clem, and assist Maroo in her hunt for Ayatan Treasures, there should be a weekly mission that lets you unveil one Riven mod.

Some Riven Mods have pretty steep unlock requirements. Putting aside the arguement of "git gud", I think a better way of tackling this would be to do a mission for Palladino, or another NPC, once a week. That would either unveil a Riven Mod of your choice, or perhaps give you an item akin to a Legendary Core, that you could use in your mod station to unveil one. 
Another option would be you could put the Veiled Riven Mod up for collateral, like the Index, and the mission you're assigned is based on the weapon class of the Riven mod, or it's unlock requirements, and if you fail that mission, you have to wait a week to do it again. 

• Like 3

I could see just allowing players to reroll veiled rivens. This way, you at least have something to do with them instead of having to sell them at a very low price or just have them sitting around.

I know some of the challenges can be frustrating, but so far I haven't found one, that was impossible. Shooting dargyn pilots before they hit the ground and getting headshots in a single aim glide are the most difficult to me, but even those have ways to work around them. There usually is a warframe, that makes the job easy and having to think of a solution is actually a nice challenge imo. If you are having trouble with a specific challenge, I could tell you how I would do it.

56 minutes ago, Neumeier said:

Just like how there's a weekly mission to help Clem, and assist Maroo in her hunt for Ayatan Treasures, there should be a weekly mission that lets you unveil one Riven mod

I'm not sure how I feel about this. One the one hand there are Riven unlock requirements that are highly frustrating (headshot kills in aim glide I think is just the worst) and on the other hand you don't want it to be too easy to unlock Rivens.
We already have other ways around this. Trading Rivens to get one with a different unlock requirement or getting someone you trust to unlock them for you.

42 minutes ago, gluih said:

I could see just allowing players to reroll veiled rivens

Now this I could get behind as long as it was limited to say once a week.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

you don't want it to be too easy to unlock Rivens.

I would argue that you don't want it to be too easy to obtain Rivens. 

Unveiling Rivens should be easier than obtaining them. Especially when you consider that you can only hold 15 maximum initially, and 120 eventually. That it primarily takes platinum to expand that capacity, and that being at capacity blocks Sortie access. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

Now this I could get behind as long as it was limited to say once a week.

I think trading them in 4:1 is downside enough. That's just my opinion though. It probably wouldn't matter much anyway, because you don't get that many rivens.

Something else that could help this would be a reward per mission of the sortie, more chances to get a Riven and not just get a statue. Bounties on the free roam areas give you a reward per stage completed so something similar to that would make sorties more worthwhile. Would just need a limit so you don't get three Rivens for a sortie. 

13 hours ago, Neumeier said:

Unveiling Rivens should be easier than obtaining them. Especially when you consider that you can only hold 15 maximum initially, and 120 eventually. That it primarily takes platinum to expand that capacity, and that being at capacity blocks Sortie access. 

Yes, when you put it like that I'd have to agree - unveiling should be easier than obtaining given the limits. I'd still like to have a way to reroll veiled rivens but that's just my personal preference.

13 hours ago, gluih said:

I think trading them in 4:1 is downside enough

I think I'm missing something here - what do you mean by 4:1?. I don't trade many rivens, mainly just veiled ones that I can't be bothered doing, and only for 15-20 plat which seems to be the going rate on PS4.

Edit: I just realised that maybe you meant the Riven Transmute that converts four unveiled rivens in to a new veiled one?

Edited by (PS4)crashteddy03

1 hour ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I think I'm missing something here - what do you mean by 4:1?. I don't trade many rivens, mainly just veiled ones that I can't be bothered doing, and only for 15-20 plat which seems to be the going rate on PS4.

Edit: I just realised that maybe you meant the Riven Transmute that converts four unveiled rivens in to a new veiled one?

Yes, I meant transmutation.

On 2020-02-04 at 10:27 AM, gluih said:

I could see just allowing players to reroll veiled rivens.

Good god this. Since DE's apparent war on kit gun rivens at this point, they're nearly useless... in fact, that rather goes for zaw rivens to an extent as well so far. The moment they start to get more play than the rest of things, they get the nerf bat into the ground. This has left me with a fair amount of kit gun rivens that no one really wants to buy thanks to DE's nerfs and all I want to do with them at this point is to reroll them into another weapon type. Same could be said of the rest of them as well. I mean, what's the worst that could possibly happen? We reroll into another weapon class that we're more or less going to unveil a terrible weapon for?

• 1 year later...
On 2020-02-04 at 10:33 AM, Neumeier said:

I'm at 135 or so, and hit the cap after a week or two from daily sorties.

Annoying, since that's the only way for me to get kitgun rivens. I'm not into SP for Shotgun rivens ....