Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GPUCache folder?

ARKANOiiDe

Yes, from the shortcut to the launcher on the desktop. Im using the standalone version, not the steam one. Default install directory etc. Everything was ok before latest update. Also i didnt install anything new/change my nvidia settings etc. No idea whats up.

E: ok i tried to navigate to the launcher.exe directory (appdata\local\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Tools), when i run the launcher directly, the GPUCache folder is created in that directory, desktop is clean. But using the desktop shortcut creates the folder on desktop...

Edited by ARKANOiiDe

Same here. After 27.1.2 the GPUCache folder is created on Desktop when lauching from the Desktop shortcut.

EDIT: I deleted my original shortcut and made a new one. That seems to solve the issue.

The GPUCashe folder is NO LONGER created on Desktop. (I have to say... very wierd)

/Foo

Edited by Foo_Prime
  • Like 2

Incompetence in Short DE. this is a VERY anoying little piece of extra work found near nowere why it happens and how it happends. in an age of information. im glad DE wont even tell you about it and how to fix it. sad. glad i found a good piece of information here.

Same issue applied on my rig.

Though, the target folder was the same, where my Launcher was located at.

Recreating a shortcut by the same executable instance on the very same desktop with the very same name, which this time resulted into a boot up process without the creation of a GPUCache-Folder ... is beyond common logic.

And yea, as always, DE officials don't care about their common customers (sure, they do some sort: those who pay money).

Edited by iHeuksal

27 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

And yea, as always, DE officials don't care about their common customers (sure, they do some sort: those who pay money).

... well that was out of left field and unnecessary, not to mention untrue,
pretty sure an issue like this doesn't discriminate based on how much money you gave DE, lolwut

Good catch on the "Start In" folder path.  Thank you!  That addressed it for me.

I love the game.  But with the minor annoying breakages like this issue and the number of bugs that typically pop up in new functionality I sometimes wonder if DE even *has* a QA team.  I'm sure they do, but... like... <sigh>

On ‎2020‎-‎02‎-‎19 at 6:06 AM, Foo_Prime said:

Same here. After 27.1.2 the GPUCache folder is created on Desktop when lauching from the Desktop shortcut.

EDIT: I deleted my original shortcut and made a new one. That seems to solve the issue.

The GPUCashe folder is NO LONGER created on Desktop. (I have to say... very wierd)

/Foo

Hey, thanks!  I was having this same issue and was clueless as to why, but this solved it.