The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Rework ideas?

Diavoros

With the upcoming mainline, giving a slightly higher relevance to shields both for enemies and warframes, I think there are still missing aspects to shield modding. For starters, modding for shields take away a slot or slots from your limited eight in warframe customization, is it worth it? depends on the frames but for most builds there is simple no room for them. So, shields should have their own separate slots, two or three of them to allow modding for capacity, recharge delay and recharge rate, and maybe, other effects to add some flavor to shield modding. In games like Borderland series, there are shields with "spike" effect, that counter melee attacks with elemental damage/status procs, and I think that would be an interesting feature for both modding our warframes AND for enemies.

• Like 1

If I recall there actually is a mod that rarely drops that triggers an electric shock in enemies that hit you, I forgot which one it was but it's a gold one.

If we're devoting more slots exclusively to certain mods regardless of what it is, there'll be the everlasting problem of 'how do I make room in my build to fit maxed versions of these?!' like with anything that isn't Paracesis or a Kuva weapon - even with Aura mod slots and Stance mod slots for Frames and Melees, ranged weapons are left out of the extra room for modding gang.

32 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

If I recall there actually is a mod that rarely drops that triggers an electric shock in enemies that hit you, I forgot which one it was but it's a gold one.

Only works for melee hits, which is nearly useless since you need to let enemies melee you just to get the effect of (what pretends to be) a defensive mod. Most enemies die long before they have the chance to melee me.

Just make shields more resistant to damage or make them regenerate constantly (no delay), give frames different shield recharge rates. Give us more mods to effect shield behavior.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more mechanics to do with shields. I have a few examples of mods, based on shields in the Borderlands games, whcih i feel could really work in Warframe too:

- Turtle shields grant really high shield capcity in exchabg for max health, this could be implemented as a corrupted mod.

- Roid shields give you bonus melee damage when they are depleted, this could have a lot of potential since melee in warframe is much more in depth, and it would really complement melee-oriented frames like Baruuk, Atlas etc.

- Absorb shields have a chance to negate the damage from a bullet that hits you and add that bullet to your ammo supply for that weapon. this could prove useful when fighting against enemies with automatic weapons and/or if you're using an ammo hungry weapon like Twin Grakatas.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Diavoros:

[...] For starters, modding for shields take away a slot or slots from your limited eight in warframe customization, is it worth it? depends on the frames but for most builds there is simple no room for them. So, shields should have their own separate slots, two or three of them to allow modding for capacity, [..]

If its worth to sacrifice mods depends on how high the payoff might be.

Imo adding Modslots is the wrong approach, sacrificing Mods for something in order to get better in something else is a good approach.

Anyway, maybe they could add AuraMods - they want to achieve that more Auras are useful besides a few select ones

so either they can create new ones or rework existing ones to make Shield-Auras a viable Option.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

I wouldn't mind seeing some more mechanics to do with shields. I have a few examples of mods, based on shields in the Borderlands games, whcih i feel could really work in Warframe too:

- Turtle shields grant really high shield capcity in exchabg for max health, this could be implemented as a corrupted mod.

- Roid shields give you bonus melee damage when they are depleted, this could have a lot of potential since melee in warframe is much more in depth, and it would really complement melee-oriented frames like Baruuk, Atlas etc.

- Absorb shields have a chance to negate the damage from a bullet that hits you and add that bullet to your ammo supply for that weapon. this could prove useful when fighting against enemies with automatic weapons and/or if you're using an ammo hungry weapon like Twin Grakatas.

All of those could work as Auras/ExilusMods or simply normal Mods and i would like to try things like this out.

Edited by DreisterDino