The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Kuva Siphon/Flood does not register cloud destruction [Fixed]

OmegaVoid

Nope, you've always been able to ignore the siphon and still get the relic.

And yeah, I've been seeing this bug even on solo, and it's meant losing a couple of runs of kuva because I eventually have to give up on it and go ahead with the mission. I'll successfully destroy one or two braids, and then kuva clouds will stop counting. The Siphon makes its noise like it's drawing in a cloud, but it doesn't raise and arm, and the kuva cloud appears somewhere as normal. but destroying it does not cause a braid to be destroyed or prompt a message from the Queen or Lotus, and another cloud just comes along; missing a cloud prompts a message and adds a failure diamond as normal. I can't tell if it's related to having missed a cloud in the first place, perhaps that either killing or missing a cloud has a chance to put it into its bugged state.

Since the big balance patch Kuva Siphons and Floods have been horribly broken and in my experience every other siphon is at the very least unfinishable.

In my experience the issue can be separated into two separate issues both of which make it impossible to get Kuva.

1. The Kuva Clouds even when dashed through do not contribute to the 4 needed to finish the minigame and get the Kuva.

2. Getting all 4 Kuva Clouds will not give Kuva and the siphon will continue to summon clouds even though the 4 braids are visually destroyed.

The usual sound effects remain in place upon the Kuva Cloud being summoned and upon being dashed through. Sometimes a host migration can fix it, sometimes it won't it, however, it is not something related to either the client or host issues as the bug will appear in solo missions at the same rate as in public.

I bought a booster to get some Kuva and this is very frustrating to have occurred feeling like I wasted my platinum. Please get to fixing this, asap.

Edited by Giagantic
typo
  • Like 5

I just aborted from my 3rd Kuva Flood in a row. Since yesterday, when doing a Flood or Siphon, the UI won't reflect the amount of braids that should be broken. I just broke 3 braids but the UI only showed 1/4. All the sounds are functioning as if the braid is broken, but the game isn't registering it. The 2nd one I aborted from we broke 6 braids, but the UI froze on 3/4 and the game just keeps functioning as if we didn't break them. Yesterday, we were chatting in the first one it happened and one person (not sure if client of host) said it wasn't showing any braids broken. Two of us, including me, said we saw 3/4. When we broke the 4th braid it showed 4/4 but the Siphon didn't disappear and no Kuva was awarded. All of the Siphon UI components were still on the screen with it showing 4/4 braids broken.

UPDATE: I just ran one solo and had no problems. I am suspecting that the problem lies with clients breaking the braids.

UPDATE 2: I just did a solo Kuva Flood and the UI never showed any braids I broke. It stayed at 0/4 after all 4 breaks so I had to abort. My previous update turns out to be incorrect.

I've been noticing this too. It looks like the Kuva Braid AI keeps breaking. If the braids get stuck in their sucking animation, or don't start sucking when clouds approach, then they stop dying when you tag the kuva clouds. I saw one occasion where the braids didn't even spawn on the collector. It's usually broken when it tries to collect the first cloud, but I've had runs where after the first couple clouds it was busted.

I have had this exact same bug with every 2nd mission since I started running kuva missions 2 hours ago. This bug could have started before that, but I was not running kuva missions earlier.  I noticed that if the clouds get stuck in terrain that then tends to bug out the siphon so that the braids wont break after you destroy a cloud, the siphon stays stuck in the siphoning animation even after a cloud gets destroyed

Since Thursday, the braids on all Kuva Siphons (both floods and siphons) are not registering as broken. I have ignored those missions completely since it is a waste of time to play them.

I just tried another one 5 mintues ago and broke two braids and the UI showed 0/4, with Lotus saying I am not doing it right lol.

I have been in multiple public matches where they didn't work as well and we all had to abort.

• Like 1

During the past day I've noticed Kuva floods and siphons are bugging out quite a bit. Maybe 1 in 5. No idea what's causing it, but when you shoot the floating kuva with your amp/void dash through it, it does not count on the mission ui (braids destroyed/kuva captured) and the braid does not break on the kuva siphon. The kuva siphon braids also don't show which way the kuva is coming from (not lifting when kuva is in the air). This continues for as long as you let it before exiting the mission with no kuva. I've had this happen to me probably 10 times today. 

• Like 5

Same. 1-2 -3 kuva cloud can be destroy/catch, sometimes none. This bug is a old one on Grineer map (Sedna/Saturn) : now it's everywhere. How to made a endless mission with Kuva guardians & jesters...impossible to miss parts Orvius, impossible to get Kuva. ^^

Edited by Beuargh

Same here,  I have video of it too just trying to figure out a away to make it in gif form.    I had 3 siphons in a row not work.     2 was the bug you mentioned, 1 was none of the braids spawned at all and dash/shooting it with op broke nothing.     I guess they figured we needed more RNG on top of our RNG.   

3 minutes ago, carson said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one, hopefully this gets some attention and get fixed. Its rage enducing

rage inducing is putting it politely considering how grindy the Kuva Lich are... i need goddamn relics but can't finish a Kuva run for relics cause half the time they're broken... as if the normal grind of getting the relic then not getting a mod for your lich wasn't bad enough.