Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Crew Ship Shield + Forward Cannon

I just did a Railjack mission after our revision to find out Crew ships actually have a yellow shield which requires an ordnance shot to destroy it before we can slingshot into it.

So instead of being able to slingshot directly into the crew ship within approximately 3.8k meters, I need to get close to them with our slow Railjacks, use an ordnance missle to destroy the shield, let the crew ships, regular ships, and ramsleds to just attack me or create fires while I finally get into the slingshot to destroy the crewship.

Personally, this isn't a huge deal, but it is very annoying because there's literally no point in having extra slingshot range when we're required to get up close to destroy their shields.

Plus, last night, I literally equiped a maxed Zekti Forward Artillery Avionic and went to the Veil to find out that it requires more than 2 Forward Cannon shots to destroy a crew ship which completely negates any reason to ever use it. 

So, it's pointless to ever use our Forward cannon up close because we need to get into the chamber, lock on the crew ship, and fire slowly more than 2 times to destroy it. Meanwhile, we get a nerf to our slingshot.

My suggestions?

If you really want to leave slingshot immunity shields in Railjack, then I suggest adding a bonus stat to one of our intrinsics to allow us to bypass it completely with our slingshot.

Next, buff Forward Cannon to either 1 hit KO crew ships because we need to either disable their engines, slow them in place with Void Hole or YOLO a shot that will probably miss, or you can significantly reduce the time it takes to fire a shot of the Forward Cannon, and give us way more than 5 shots per mission.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

I guess they found one thing that was still fun about RJ and made sure to stop that non-sense

fun... you can't have anything 'fun' in warframe... it's all about maximising the time something takes to do these days... got to keep that grind up...

• Like 2

I have maxed Zetki Forward Artillery. Here is what I found out:

You need to hit one of the Engine pots to oneshot the crewship.

What I don t know is if you hit the Crew Ship at this weak point, do you even need the Forward Artillery Mod. And even if you need it to oneshot Crewships this way, how much % damage increase is sufficient(to save Avionic points)?

10 minutes ago, CR0ME said:

I have maxed Zetki Forward Artillery. Here is what I found out:

You need to hit one of the Engine pots to oneshot the crewship.

What I don t know is if you hit the Crew Ship at this weak point, do you even need the Forward Artillery Mod. And even if you need it to oneshot Crewships this way, how much % damage increase is sufficient(to save Avionic points)?

Probably depends on enemy level, but in Gian Point, a maxed Vidar Forward Artillery is enough to oneshot if a crewship if you hit the right spot. 

• 1 month later...